I bought this game.

Started by SmashFinale, September 24, 2012, 12:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashFinale

Following 196's example, i made a topic stating that i bought this particular video game. Both S4E1 and S4E2 were on sale at 50% off so i couldn't pass up an opportunity of buying the entire Sonic 4 Saga.
But now, my thoughts.

Well I played Episode Metal first before i even played the first level of Episode 2. It's pretty much the first levels of the previous game only just more difficult. Thank god i played this before Episode 2 because i would be confused as shit on why Metal Sonic became THAT fucking powerful. He's pretty fast and has all his SA2 sound effects except for his Black Shield. I thought it was pretty nice playing as Metal Sonic but there was a more joy to fighting him than playing as him...

Now for Episode 2. As you are all aware the physics have been completely fixed from Episode 1. So, were there any problems with this game? Yeah. Forced Co-op. Sega should know that what made the other Sonic games so fun with Co-op was the freedom to need it or not. But puzzles that require Sonic and Tails working together? Come on Sega, Don't force it on us. We didn't need it for Sonic 2 or 3 or A3. So why now? You only did that once and that was Knuckles' Chaotix. And also, you had all this time to force co-op on us, but no competitive? The fuck is up with that? That was in Sonic 2 and 3.There's no excuse for that. And you can't choose the option as Tails without either online or another controller so getting that I Love Tails achievement might not even be possible for some people. All those complaints aside it has a good story and is downright gorgeous. Music is somewhat bad. Surprisingly the team actions really dont break the flow of the game.

Fighting Metal and Eggman is can be exciting. Fighting them with a friend is even more exciting when you have complete sync with one another. Boss battles are bombastic and just plain fun. Metal Sonic and Eggman truly do mean business this time around and do extremely unexpected moves when you first face them so dont be surprised if you cant beat them on the first try. Or the second or third. Fourth? Yeah, you should beat them by then.

Overall good game, but when listening to fan ideas, make sure you interpret them correctly or you might just anger some of them. The teamwork thing was not ever necessary and if you are gong to do a two-player game like that again, make sure there is a competitive mode.

Super Sonic Boom

Music is somewhat bad.

I died a little inside when I read that. If anything it's somewhat nostalgic. :,(

SmashFinale

Quote from: Chris Silvano on September 25, 2012, 08:08:03 AM
Music is somewhat bad.

I died a little inside when I read that. If anything it's somewhat nostalgic. :,(
I said somewhat for a reason man. Metal Sonic's theme is fucking orgamsic, Death Egg Mk II is fucking sexy, White Park Zone Act 2 is nice and cheery, Oil Desert Act 1 is good, and Sky Fortress Act 2 is nice and all. But honestly, if i rated the pieces of music i just listed, Metal Sonic would be the only 5 out of 5, Death Egg Mk II would be 4 out of 5, and the rest would just be 3 out of 5s.

Hakudamashi

I may come off as a spoiled kid, but I wish the "lock-on" feature allowed you to play S4ep1 w/ ep2 physics.
And to play as Tails only goddammit.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on September 28, 2012, 01:23:24 PM
I may come off as a spoiled kid, but I wish the "lock-on" feature allowed you to play S4ep1 w/ ep2 physics.
And to play as Tails only goddammit.
You can. It's called Episode Metal. *shot*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 28, 2012, 02:13:23 PM
You can. It's called Episode Metal. *shot*
F*ck episode metal... just no, soo much nope.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ravenfreak

You know I actually like the music this time around, still not too nostalgic but much better than dying cats. xP The whole co-op thing is pretty crap though, but I managed to get the last chaos emerald without the need of a second player but trust me it wasn't a walk in the park, I spent many hours on that last special stage and tons of horrible words came out of my mouth while playing it. xD So now i'm on the final level, and stuck on the final boss and I haven't played it in a very long time. :V I should pick it up again though, and I have yet to finish Ep. 1 for that matter. :V

SmashFinale

Quote from: Ravenfreak on October 25, 2012, 05:58:34 PM
You know I actually like the music this time around, still not too nostalgic but much better than dying cats. xP The whole co-op thing is pretty crap though, but I managed to get the last chaos emerald without the need of a second player but trust me it wasn't a walk in the park, I spent many hours on that last special stage and tons of horrible words came out of my mouth while playing it. xD So now i'm on the final level, and stuck on the final boss and I haven't played it in a very long time. :V I should pick it up again though, and I have yet to finish Ep. 1 for that matter. :V
I tend not to ever touch a sequel before playing it's predeccsor. Just in case in plot holes arise.

Ravenfreak

^ I try my best to do that, but I really wanted to play the game and didn't feel like playing through the first episode. :V However, if there is going to be an episode 3 i'm going to force myself to play through both ep. 1 and 2 before even touching the third one. xP

Tanassy

This game is horrible. My ears are dead fromt he terrible music, and the cheap game mechanics make it difficult just to sit through a single playthrough. I would recommend not getting this game. In fact, I'd go as far as to say most of Sonic 4 Episode I was more enjoyable.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 06, 2012, 06:05:41 PM
This game is horrible. My ears are dead fromt he terrible music, and the cheap game mechanics make it difficult just to sit through a single playthrough. I would recommend not getting this game. In fact, I'd go as far as to say most of Sonic 4 Episode I was more enjoyable.
You don't like anything that's good.

*shot*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 06, 2012, 06:40:50 PM
You don't like anything that's good.

*shot*

Nothing about this game (Except the visuals perhaps) is good. bad physics ruin otherwise half-decent level design, and the horrible music makes each level blend together in some sort of horrible mess... and did I mention the padding and cheap mechanics? Fake Difficulty? Yeah.

The controls are so unresponsive it actually makes the classics feel newer.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 06, 2012, 07:07:46 PM
Nothing about this game (Except the visuals perhaps) is good. bad physics ruin otherwise half-decent level design, and the horrible music makes each level blend together in some sort of horrible mess... and did I mention the padding and cheap mechanics? Fake Difficulty? Yeah.

The controls are so unresponsive it actually makes the classics feel newer.
We're clearly playing 2 different games
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay