Miyamoto Speaks About Mario Lore

Started by jkid101094, September 13, 2012, 01:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

A quote from my friend on GoW, Shy Guy~

Quote from: ShyguyMiyamoto recently had an interview with game informer in which he was questioned on various aspects of Mario "lore". I find it hard to take seriously since I never really considered Mario a series heavy in the story department (aside from the RPGs). But hey, I found some of this stuff interesting nevertheless. Here's the gist of the interview:

Mario and Luigi's last names are not "Mario". The only time they have even been referred to as such was in the live action movie which is (obviously) not canon. Miyamoto states that like Micky Mouse Mario and Luigi don't really have last names. Mario is just Mario and Luigi is just Luigi.

All I can say to this is Thank God.

When asked why Mario and Peach would race go-karts and play tennis with Bowser despite the latter's tendency for kidnapping Miyamoto compared the cast of Mario to the cast of Popeye and other such comic, stating that different characters fill different roles depending on the story that's being told.

The Koopalings are NOT Bowser's children (according to the current story). Bowser's only child is Bowser Jr. and the mother is a mystery.

This is the main point I found interesting. I'm suddenly more interested in the Koopalings.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is considered part of the core Mario series of games, in other words, not a spin-off.

Makes sense, cause it's the best game in the Mario series.

When asked why Chargin' Chuck throws baseballs instead of footballs Miyamoto seemed confused and mention that he though Chuck did throw footballs.

They really ought to bring back Chargin' Chuck, that was a really cool enemy.

Mario's brown hair and black moustache are natural.

Somehow...

Mario may not actually have a medical degree.

lol

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.