Capcom's New Growth Strategy: Less Money, Less Workers, More Games

Started by jkid101094, September 05, 2012, 12:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

"Capcom intends to up the amount of games it makes per year, but reduce both the manpower and development time afforded to each title.

The company's growth strategy of more games made more quickly by less people was revealed in its annual report today.

The report also outlines Capcom's intention to produce more sequels, with shorter sales cycles of 2.5 years and DLC support spread across the first two years of a game's life.

In this new approach, 20 per cent of development investment funds will be funneled into the creation of new titles.

"Teams developing major titles will be limited to 100 members, with multiple sequel titles developed at the same time," reads the report.

"Also, as it will be necessary to create a large-scale development structure for shortening the development process, we will strengthen in-house development staff recruitment."

"In addition, we will increase the number of titles released in a single year and expand earnings using a hybrid development model whereby the core portions of the project are developed in-house by Capcom and the process-work is outsourced to outside development companies."

More games. More sequels. Less people. Less time. This is the age we live in."

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-7748-Capcom-s-Growth-Strategy--More-Sequels-Made-More-Quickly-by-Less-People.html

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Mikey

Jordan teh Echidna

Pesterchum = sirJayden

Ioshyriku

Supersonic196

"Hay guise, I know you've been working really hard on this engine, but you need to throw it out, it's getting too expensive for us to put out 20 games a year if we're putting that much money into a single engine. So, I talked to the higher ups, and we pirated a copy of gamemaker 6 for you guys to use. Also we're only keeping 100 of you."

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Supersonic196 on September 10, 2012, 10:31:15 AM
"Hay guise, I know you've been working really hard on this engine, but you need to throw it out, it's getting too expensive for us to put out 20 games a year if we're putting that much money into a single engine. So, I talked to the higher ups, and we pirated a copy of gamemaker 6 for you guys to use. Also we're only keeping 100 of you."
And after seeing this "Megaman Xover"...ugh.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay