sailor moons' getting a new anime series in 2013

Started by billyhatcher312, September 04, 2012, 02:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyhatcher312

hey guys when i was on my ipod i saw a site that said sailor moon is getting a new anime series because of its 20th anniversary

TheGameNinja

Eeyup. Sorta old news, but yeah. No word on if we'll see it in America. Nor if we'll ever get a re-release of the original anime.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 04, 2012, 03:01:00 PM
Eeyup. Sorta old news, but yeah. No word on if we'll see it in America. Nor if we'll ever get a re-release of the original anime.
I'll probably pay attention to it, then. Sailor Moon is still a decent part of my childhood, albeit a small one.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 04, 2012, 03:13:44 PM
I'll probably pay attention to it, then. Sailor Moon is still a decent part of my childhood, albeit a small one.

cool because i have every episode of sailor moon and all of the movies on my computer so i love the show and i hope they dont screw it up on the series

Hakudamashi

Wait, is it a remake of the old Sailor Moon? Or New cast of characters? Or a re-boot?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on September 09, 2012, 12:55:13 PM
Wait, is it a remake of the old Sailor Moon? Or New cast of characters? Or a re-boot?
I don't think they've said yet. This is about all we've got to go on.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-06/sailor-moon-manga-gets-new-anime-in-summer-2013

billyhatcher312

Quote from: windlessusher on September 09, 2012, 12:55:13 PM

i think its going to be a new series not a remake of all the season from the 90s but i hope they dont screw up the show.  I know they'll be showing it simultaneously world wide thank god they're doing it like that

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Sonicfan223 on September 10, 2012, 10:02:07 AM
i think its going to be a new series not a remake of all the season from the 90s but i hope they dont screw up the show.  I know they'll be showing it simultaneously world wide thank god they're doing it like that

They could be following the original manga more closely, rather than the anime. The anime didn't always follow the manga and had its fair share of filler. Though I think it was their intention from the beginning for the anime not to completely follow the manga. For instance, the battle against Queen Beryl is radically different between the anime and manga.

Not to mention Sailor V.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 10, 2012, 10:18:46 AM
They could be following the original manga more closely, rather than the anime. The anime didn't always follow the manga and had its fair share of filler. Though I think it was their intention from the beginning for the anime not to completely follow the manga. For instance, the battle against Queen Beryl is radically different between the anime and manga.

Not to mention Sailor V.

i agree TGN they really didnt make an anime for sailor V so i bet they'd make one for Sailor V like they did for sailor moon so i hope it would turn out cool :D

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 10, 2012, 10:18:46 AM

Not to mention Sailor V.
What? The Sailor Scouts died and respawned even more times in the manga?
And what's Sailor V?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on September 28, 2012, 01:42:30 PM
What? The Sailor Scouts died and respawned even more times in the manga?
And what's Sailor V?

Actually, in the Beryl fight, they all die at once, and they do it on purpose to give their energy to Sailor Moon. I like the anime more than the manga. :I

Sailor V is the manga that inspired Sailor Moon. It follows Venus. Instead of adapting Sailor V into an anime, they made Sailor Moon and the Sailor Moon manga ran at the same time as the anime. Sailor V also kept going for some time while Sailor Moon's manga and anime were running. It had some cameos of Usagi/Serena and her friend as well as a backlit shot where you can see all the Sailor Scouts silhouettes. It ends in a way that leads directly into the Sailor Moon manga. Sailor V got a few nods in the Sailor Moon anime, but it pretty much ignores V in canon.

Hakudamashi

Soo, Sailor V is an AU where Sailor Venus is the main character?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on October 20, 2012, 03:05:45 AM
Soo, Sailor V is an AU where Sailor Venus is the main character?

It's actually a prequel. But only a prequel to the Sailor Moon manga.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 20, 2012, 12:51:08 PM
It's actually a prequel. But only a prequel to the Sailor Moon manga.

So they're making more episodes from the manga?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on October 21, 2012, 08:31:46 AM
So they're making more episodes from the manga?

They haven't said yet, but it's possible. That kind of thing is popular lately. DBZ, s-CRY-ed, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and Fullmetal Alchemist all got similar things.