4Kids is DEAD. What Does This Mean For Anime Coming to America?

Started by jkid101094, August 14, 2012, 02:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 14, 2012, 05:04:13 PM
Huh, hadn't thought of that... I'm sure Funimation would give it to them over the more censored version though.
Would they have to go through Nicktoons too?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 14, 2012, 05:08:23 PM
Would they have to go through Nicktoons too?

i think 4 Kids should stay on because nick doesnt have much anime

SonicNo1Fanatic

Yahoo!!!!! :D 4Kids is dead; I'm glad that KidsCo. have got the rights to the shows 4Kids messed up, now they can fix them up. :)

billyhatcher312

Quote from: SonicNo1Fanatic on August 16, 2012, 12:41:07 AM
Yahoo!!!!! :D 4Kids is dead; I'm glad that KidsCo. have got the rights to the shows 4Kids messed up, now they can fix them up. :)

DUDE WTF WHY DO U HATE 4Kids TV they made alot of the anime on the shows we see alot too

Tanassy

Anything with "Kid" in the name will most likely butcher their release, given the chance.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Sonicfan223 on August 16, 2012, 02:02:28 AM
DUDE WTF WHY DO U HATE 4Kids TV they made alot of the anime on the shows we see alot too

No, they did not make the anime. They dubbed the English versions and censored most of their shows a lot. Not everything they did was awful, but their recent stuff was pretty bad.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 16, 2012, 08:25:12 AM
No, they did not make the anime. They dubbed the English versions and censored most of their shows a lot. Not everything they did was awful, but their recent stuff was pretty bad.
Sounds like CAPCOM... hah.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: windlessusher on August 16, 2012, 03:25:30 PM
Sounds like CAPCOM... hah.

Teehee, the company everyone loves to hate but still gives them attention. Sounds about right.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Sonicfan223 on August 16, 2012, 06:37:04 PM
they still show on the CW 39

Yeah, on the 25th, that block becomes Vortexx. That's Saban's block. As of the 25th, 4kids may as well be nonexistent.

http://soniczoneforum.com/index.php?topic=26359.0

shadowDOESrock

So, in theory SEGA now has the rights to Sonic X again and could in theory re-dub Sonic X with the current VA's and that Uncut.

Ohyesplease.

Jordan teh Echidna

Pesterchum = sirJayden

TheGameNinja

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 09, 2012, 06:50:59 AM
So, in theory SEGA now has the rights to Sonic X again and could in theory re-dub Sonic X with the current VA's and that Uncut.

Ohyesplease.

Actually, Vortexx is airing Sonic X now. I don't know what the deal with the rights is so I can't anwer that.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 14, 2012, 02:41:33 PM
Well recently 4Kids was sued (over Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, no less) resulting in the company becoming bankrupt after almost 50 years of activity. 4Kids wasn't always terrible (they were responsible for the first seasons of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! after all) however, it is no secret to the anime fan base that they're recent works were not as great.

So now with 4Kids kicking the bucket the rights to several anime (or, at least they're showing rights in the US) have been divided between several other companies. Does this, however, mean that the shows will be better off?

According to Wikipedia a company called KidsCo aquired the rights to Dragon Ball Z, Sonic X and Cubix. The name KidsCo may not ring any bells at first, which is understandable. In the past, however, KidsCo has obtained the rights to several other shows you may know such as The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Sonic Underground, SATam, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Donkey Kong Country, as well as other well known children's shows such as The Magic Schoolbus and Franklin. What worries me as that the list of shows they've handled before doesn't include any anime whatsoever, mostly concerning American children's shows. While it's true that the shows they've acquired are already dubbed they could still make changes, no? KidsCo also acquired the 4Kids Saturday Morning television block so it's possibe some of the aforementioned shows could make their way back to television.

4K Acquisition Corp acquired the rights to the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. Luckily, for those of you who don't know, 4K is part of Konami, the guys who not only make games such as Metal Gear Solid, but the YGO card game as well.

So are things looking up for anime? Or have things just gone from bad to worse?

I fucken hate those assholes because they're running anime for America so I think that things have gotten much much worse