For Sonic Adventure 2 Fans......

Started by Sonicsdimas, August 02, 2012, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonicsdimas

ESRB revealed that the HD re-release of SA2 will coming to PC too.
This make SA2 my best Sonic game,also,what's your reaction to this?

Note*:I find this on Sonic Adventure 3 page in facebook.

Hakudamashi

Y'know, it'd really help if you posted links to these things...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicNo1Fanatic

I'm happy about this, now I may finally be able to play it. ;D

Sonicsdimas

Quote from: windlessusher on August 12, 2012, 10:12:49 AM
Y'know, it'd really help if you posted links to these things...
Link?the ESRB one or SA3 page?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicsdimas

Quote from: windlessusher on August 14, 2012, 04:03:51 PM
....both?
here's the SA3 one(if the SA3 page doesn't work,tell me.)

ESRB is still error,when it's done,i will edit this post

SonicEnzoRue

Is the rerelease as good as the original?

Tanassy

Quote from: SonicEnzoRue on October 11, 2012, 03:38:00 PM
Is the rerelease as good as the original?

It's a port of the "Battle" version of the game. It benefits from having a decent analog stick this time around, so it's well improved over the previous editions control-wise. Other than that, it's just the same game in 720p. Worth it if you don't own the game already.

in short, yes, it's just as good.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on October 19, 2012, 02:27:40 PM
It's a port of the "Battle" version of the game. It benefits from having a decent analog stick this time around, so it's well improved over the previous editions control-wise. Other than that, it's just the same game in 720p. Worth it if you don't own the game already.

in short, yes, it's just as good.

Only thing that gets me is that the cutscenes are not in HD.

jkid101094

It sounds like they changed the VAs for the GUN agents...but not Sonic?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: Chris Silvano on October 19, 2012, 03:19:29 PM
Only thing that gets me is that the cutscenes are not in HD.

Only ones that were pre-rendered are still in SD, and that's understandable.

At least, on the PS3 version it's that way. o3o

Edit: Those voices are from the Dreamcast version..

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on October 19, 2012, 05:53:34 PM
Only ones that were pre-rendered are still in SD, and that's understandable.

At least, on the PS3 version it's that way. o3o

Edit: Those voices are from the Dreamcast version..
I knew I didn't recognize the redneck sounding helicopter driver.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I played the demo and remembered how awesome it felt to control Sonic and Shadow... Why haven't they made a SA4 yet dammit? This play style is perfect.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Erik Larsen on November 08, 2012, 07:00:14 AM
its a stupid rumor
What's a rumor? People wanting the Sonic Adventure series to continue?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicsdimas

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicsdimas

Quote from: windlessusher on November 12, 2012, 03:11:42 PM
Um dude, there is a SA3

What i mean Sonic Adventure 3,not sonic advance 3 but yeah,SA3 is exist.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sonicsdimas on November 12, 2012, 08:26:12 PM
What i mean Sonic Adventure 3,not sonic advance 3 but yeah,SA3 is exist.
Um dude, there is a Sonic Adventure 3
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 14, 2012, 03:44:48 PM
Um dude, there is a Sonic Adventure 3

Seriously, had they just patched this game it wouldn't be nearly as bad. At lot of people's 'problems' with it are just different glitches.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2012, 06:48:16 AM
Seriously, had they just patched this game it wouldn't be nearly as bad. At lot of people's 'problems' with it are just different glitches.
haha, no, glitches are but a small part of the problem.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 15, 2012, 06:48:16 AM

OHOHOHOHOHOHO YOU ARE SO WRONG

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL45FXiU5g2Q-25vCiShWGIOVBDLaAcPGz

PATCHES CAN NOT FIX THIS GAME.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 20, 2012, 07:57:35 PM
Who the fuck is Clement?
A gamer and a big Sonic fan who makes a seven part review which shows you why Sonic 06 is a bad game.

Not a rushed game.

Not a glitchy game.

A horrible, badly designed and overall bad game.

Inb4 "Too long, didn't watch"

Honestly, it may be 3 hours, but it's nothing but 3 hours of proper, well put thoughts and opinions and facts. It's a good lesson about game design and though it'll fill you with all sorts of feelings, it ties up quite well in the end, making you glad you watched it so you can just.. finally get it out of your system and never worry about it again.

jkid101094

Well I've never played Sonic '06 and don't count on me watching the entire thing tonight. I'm only on part 2.

Also it doesn't seem that well thought out because the first 50 minutes basically amount to there being too many load screens on town missions.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

That's because it's such a glaring issue..

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Erik Larsen on November 16, 2012, 10:15:24 PM
that isnt sonic adventure 3 dumbass its sonic 2006 u moron ;D
Keep telling yourself that.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Erik Larsen on November 22, 2012, 02:14:11 PM
u r a dumbass its just sonics "new" game but it isnt SA3 u fucken moron
Prove it isn't Sonic Adventure 3
Other than the name, this is Sonic Adventure 3 in every way.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

It's not Sonic adventure 3.

Internally, it was never an adventure game. It was designed with the idea in mind "What if Sonic were in real life" but never aligned with the adventure games, which is actually quite funny since they tried to pull so much over from it. This was one of the reasons they fell so hard, so many gameplay styles.

But you're just being foolish if you're going to keep saying it's Sonic Adventure 3, and I'm sorry, but you're just being an idiot by constantly arguing with someone who isn't going to stop calling you a dumbass. It doesn't get any less convincing either.

So you two fuckin' quit your whining you babies.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 20, 2012, 07:43:08 PM
OHOHOHOHOHOHO YOU ARE SO WRONG

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL45FXiU5g2Q-25vCiShWGIOVBDLaAcPGz

PATCHES CAN NOT FIX THIS GAME.
Back to this, though. I've forgotten most of Clement's points already, and I have no reason to disagree with them having never played the game, but patches could seem to fix most of the problems. It would take a pretty HUGE patch, but a good chunk of the problems are fixable. The loading especially. However that's assuming SEGA has the money to fix it which I doubt it does.

Remind me why, because I'm sure I'm wrong, but the un-fixable problems seem to be in the story mode.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 22, 2012, 08:10:11 PM
Back to this, though. I've forgotten most of Clement's points already, and I have no reason to disagree with them having never played the game, but patches could seem to fix most of the problems. It would take a pretty HUGE patch, but a good chunk of the problems are fixable. The loading especially. However that's assuming SEGA has the money to fix it which I doubt it does.

Remind me why, because I'm sure I'm wrong, but the un-fixable problems seem to be in the story mode.
Patches could probably fix a lot of the buggy coding, but for it to be entirely effective, the game would essentially need a re-write. the biggest problems with the game are in it's game design itself, and in the fact they tried to cram in so many playstyles that none of them were ever plished or designed properly.

But bad stage design, forgettable set pieces, boring visuals, terrible mechanics and all of that go to show this game was a mess before it was even coded. The designers had no clue what they were doing.. heck, this game could be a lesson in BAD game design. It just doesn't work. That almost justifies it's existence because it is one of the biggest failures in gaming. Where other titles are CONSISTENTLY bad, this game gets worse and worse at every turn, in every aspect, and just when you think it could get no worse it surprises you constantly. That is almost what makes it fun, in the fact that if you have a lick of game design knowledge, you will learn so much while playing this game.

The story is bad but mostly because of fixable issues. It's the game itself that makes the.. well, the game, bad. And it would have been bad even if it was as polished as a game like Unleashed. It would have just been a really polished shit.
And patches would just take the problem away from glitches and people would begin to see why the game is just so naturally horrible by nature. It's a wretched child. And Sonic Team is better off giving it the Virtual Boy treatment.

And the fact they devoted so much time into making a big game- this game is MASSIVE- is also part of the reason. Did you know that.. there's a hard mode for every stage? There's also a two-player mode. and a SUPER HARD MODE TOO, AS DLC. And guess what? Every difficulty has a different stage layout. Do you know how many gameplay styles are in this game? If you include all of the characters, various vehicles and mechanics you can use, it tops over 12+ gameplay styles or something stupid like that. How many does Sonic adventure have? 6. How many does SA2 have? 4. How many does heroes have? 1, which minor differences to each team. How many does Generations have? 2. Colours? However many wisps there are.. but primarily, 1.
And every character has their own version of EVERY STAGE. Wow, their ambition was through the fucking roof, and you'll be playing this game straight for hours and hours, but NONE of it is good (Except the music and the CG). Heck, some of the styles are blatantly unfinished. No power gauge mechanics? Let's just ship it in god mode! Might as well have removed the HUD entirely.

Anyone would cream at being given that information, multiple gameplay styles, huge levels, lots of difficulties and layouts? Sign me up! but hold up.. wasn't this game in development for all of just a couple of years? And wasn't there porting issues because of Sony and Microsoft being douchebags? Wasn't there also a PC version which just got lost in the pipeline? Meh, it's Sonic, let's buy it anyway! It can't be that bad, I've played Shadow the hedgehog...
But no, this game singlehandedly crushed Sonic's reputation in one fell swoop and almost destroyed the franchise, I'm surprised all of Sonic Team didn't get fired.

Yet somehow, the game hit platinum in sales and enough money was made for the next game to be conceived..

I won't go too far like Clement did, but you'd have to be blind or stupidly loyal to like something like this if it's not just for the fact it is a good lesson in bad game design.

In conclusion, if SEGA tried to patch this gmae it would essentially dig them deeper into the grave they're already sitting in.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 22, 2012, 08:31:28 PM
I won't go too far like Clement did
You pretty much just summarized the entire 7 part review. There are even parts I had to double check to see if you pulled them directly from it. =P

And yes, I know about the hard mode, super hard mode dlc and the multiplayer mode. Remember me complaining about that? =P

In Sonic Team's defense, though, they seemed to be at least be trying to go for 'more but better', it just ended up the complete opposite.

I will admit, trying to fit with the 7th generation 'realistic' trend was their first horrible mistake.

Thought I can't say any of this with certainty, having never actually played the game.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 22, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
You pretty much just summarized the entire 7 part review. There are even parts I had to double check to see if you pulled them directly from it. =P

And yes, I know about the hard mode, super hard mode dlc and the multiplayer mode. Remember me complaining about that? =P

In Sonic Team's defense, though, they seemed to be at least be trying to go for 'more but better', it just ended up the complete opposite.

I will admit, trying to fit with the 7th generation 'realistic' trend was their first horrible mistake.

Thought I can't say any of this with certainty, having never actually played the game.

The "More but better" approach NEVER works. Make something consistent and fun, and if you have time, mess around with other playstyles.

What they did was just over the top ambitious. Not like it would have made the game any better with just the main trio in the first place.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 22, 2012, 10:24:34 PM
The "More but better" approach NEVER works. Make something consistent and fun, and if you have time, mess around with other playstyles.
You wouldn't say Super Mario Bros. 3 or Sonic 3 and Knuckles don't hit 'more but better' right on the nose? They're both considered the best games in their franchises.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 22, 2012, 10:27:02 PM
You wouldn't say Super Mario Bros. 3 or Sonic 3 and Knuckles don't hit 'more but better' right on the nose? They're both considered the best games in their franchises.
Super Mario Bros 3 was carefully developed and only contained a single character and mechanics and gimmicks revolving around the one character. They devoted a proper amount of time to a game rather than making something experimental, like SMB. So while you could consider it's certainly more and better, it's source wasn't exactly very broad to begin with.
Sonic 3 was two games, and is what happened when Sonic Team realised they were being too ambitious and released half a game and then another half later, especially due to time constraints.

While Sonic 3 did take the approach "More but better" the result was one fragmented game that costed twice as much. And that just sort of proves my point. If they had for example just worked on making the game suited for Sonic, it would have probably been a full release, but they didn't, they created alternate layouts and an entirely new playstyle along a wide range of acts, thus the game was quickly segmented, polished and released. On that note, be thankful it wasn't rushed out..

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 22, 2012, 06:23:51 PM
It's not Sonic adventure 3.

Internally, it was never an adventure game. It was designed with the idea in mind "What if Sonic were in real life" but never aligned with the adventure games, which is actually quite funny since they tried to pull so much over from it. This was one of the reasons they fell so hard, so many gameplay styles.

But you're just being foolish if you're going to keep saying it's Sonic Adventure 3, and I'm sorry, but you're just being an idiot by constantly arguing with someone who isn't going to stop calling you a dumbass. It doesn't get any less convincing either.

So you two fuckin' quit your whining you babies.
Must you kill the joy of everything?

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on November 24, 2012, 04:01:09 PM
Must you kill the joy of everything?

Must everyone be such assholes to each other?

TheGameNinja

and this arguing with each other is all off topic~

Dax7

I like the PC Sonic Adventure 2 re-release but in overall I didn't enjoy playing this on the keyboard.
It's my first time playing this and it wasn't really what I expected from the prequel. Also the glitches, like dropping through the rails and homing attack issues are really annoying when I make speed runs.
  By the way this is the hardest Sonic game to have an A-rank in all stages. 
3ds owner and Animator in training.

silver13

Sega should make a widescreen patch for Sonic Adventure DX on PS3 and 360. The border is annoying. :/

Post Merge: January 24, 2013, 06:25:28 PM