Spellcaster Starter
Thunder Starter
Warrior Starter ~Nazo
Winged-Beast Starter
Zombie Starter

Yu-Gi-Oh! Conquest!

Explaination:

When signing up please make sure know the following:

1. You must choose a starter deck from the list above. You may not make your own. All unclaimed decks will be controlled by me as NPCs.
2. All starter decks will be as balanced as possible, having similar monsters and spell/trap cards, and still having their own strengths and weaknesses.
3. All duels will be played over Dueling Network. If you have not used Dueling Network before you will need to make an account (see below for a link). If there are any suggestions for a better site then, please, say so.
4. This game will (hopefully) eventually have a winner, however, the game can continue after someone has won. Win conditions are described below.
5. This game will allow you to recruit other players and characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! games and anime to your army as warriors. All warriors will have their own deck formulas which will be sent to you via PM (once finished your deck will be sent this way as well). You may alter these decks as well as your own with cards that your purchase (explained below), however, please keep track of your own warriors, cards and gold.

You may make your own profile topic in the Off-Topic section if the admins allow it. I will link your profile topic to your name in this post to keep it from getting lost.

Win Conditions:

1. Conquest Victory: Achieve this victory by conquering all 21 kingdoms on the map.
2. Deity Victory: Achieve this victory by collecting Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Sky Dragon, Winged Dragon of Ra and The Creator God of Light, Horakhty, then summoning the later in a duel. Some proof of this victory must be presented either in the form of a Puush or via a testimony from all witnesses to the duel.
3. Army Victory: To achieve this victory have the largest army by the end of the first year (dates explained below).
4. Capture Victory: To achieve this victory capture and hold all "hot spots" on the map for a minimum of 25 days (dates explained below).
5.. Millennium Item Victory: To achieve this victory collect all 7 Millennium Items from duels on the game board.

Moving Around the Board and Daily Actions:

The way the game will be played out is very similar to the actual card game. Every day (or turn, if you prefer) will begin on the Start Phase and end on the End Phase. All players begin and end these phases at the same time.

Start Phase:
This phase begins the new day. I will adjust the main topic for actions the occurred during the previous day and you should adjust your profile topics as well. After that has been done the Start Phase will end and we will move onto the next phase.

Main Phase 1:
This phase is where the board movements will take place. Each warrior you control will be refereed to as a "unit". During this phase you may move your units around the board. Each unit may only move one space per day. In addition, you may move any units to another kingdom you control, provided they have not already moved. You must declare your actions in a post in the game play topic. Once all movements are complete I will adjust the board and repost it. You will also need to keep track of the locations of all units currently under your control. I may also update the first post to show these movements.

Action/Battle Phase:
During this phase your units may use one "action each". This action may involve battling a kingdom they are currently moved to, or, if they are in a currently allied kingdom or one under your control, they may either work to make money, scout for other warriors or shop for cards. If your unit is currently on a space that can be occupied by your kingdom without battling they can also do so by spending their daily action. You may not use facilities within' a kingdom or space that is not currently occupied by your kingdom or an allied kingdom even if you are about to occupy it. Some spaces cannot be occupied. Here is a run down of each of the actions:

Battle:
If a space you are currently on requires and duel to use it's function (I.E. capture a kingdom, collect a God Card, etc) you may declare a duel. You must arrange a session with the defending side via your own means. In the case of a draw, the defending side wins. In the case of absence (I.E. not being able to contact someone, someone is on vacation and can't duel, etc.) the active side wins. In the case of dueling in Domino City (to be explained later) the player character must retreat back to an occupied kingdom, regardless if he/she wins or losses the occurring duel. Money earned from each duel victory has not yet been decided. I was thinking 200G to the winner and 50G to the loser.

If you choose to battle another kingdom you may only use the deck of one of your units currently on that space, likewise, your opponent can only do the same. If you battle a kingdom that has currently has no units to duel, you can occupy the kingdom without dueling.

Shop:
After a dueling or working (or possibly other events) you may earn gold. You may use this gold to purchase cards or possibly items from an occupied kingdom. In the case of cards there are some very strict rules:

1. You may only buy cards of the kingdom who's shop your using's type (I.E. if you use a unit to shop in the Pyro kingdom you may only buy Pyro cards). You may buy magic or trap cards from any kingdom's store.

2. The price of each card will be determined by it's level multiplied by a set amount plus another set amount decided by the cards "forbidden" status. You may not purchase banned cards. The prices of each card type is as follows (L being the card's level and F being it's forbidden status)

Normal Monster: (Lx300)+F
Effect Monsters: (Lx500)+F
Magic/Trap Card: 1500+F

Forbidden to 2: F=1500
Forbidden to 1: F=2500

So for example, Lonefire Blossom is a 3 star effect monster card that is forbidden to 1. Using this knowledge I can figure out the price of this card.

Lonefire Blossom: (3x500)+2500=4000

I can, therefore, purchase a Lonefire Blossom card from the Plant Kingdom for 4000G. Easy, right?

Work:
During the day's End Phase you will receive a payment of gold. Just like buying cards this is based on an algorithm, however, working involves a dice roll and the number of units currently at work in a kingdom (U being the number of units and D being the dice roll number)

Work Algorithm: (Ux200)xD

An important thing to note about this is that a roll of 6 results in your tools breaking. Therefore a roll of 6 sets D to 0, not 6.

So, for example. I have 6 units (the most allowed in a kingdom at once) working. I am informed by the host (that's me) that my dice roll came up a 5. I would punch in the numbers to figure out my payload.

(6x200)x5=6000

I would have just earned 6000G from a single work session. That can be considered "hitting the jackpot".

Searching for Warriors/Duelists:
A unit searching can be made to search for a duelist while in a kingdom. Unlike the last two actions this one does not necessarily require any sort of math. For every unit set to search a kingdom you will be able to increase that kingdom's search status by 1 (this number will be displayed in the gameplay topic under each kingdom's information). Once this number hits 6 you can choose a duelist to recruit from a list or make up your own (You may not recruit characters who appear in Domino City this way). This recruited duelist will use the same starting deck as the kingdom he was recruited in (I.E. if I recruit someone in the fiend kingdom he will begin the game with the fiend starter deck). Once recruited a duelist will become a usable unit for the player who recruited him/her. This new unit cannot preform his/her action this turn, however, they can move during Main Phase 2.

Main Phase 2:
This phase, just like the card game, is the same as main phase 1. You may only move units who did not move during Main Phase 1.

End Phase:
This is the day's ending phase. During this phase you should update your stats. If any player recruited a duelist from Domino City on that day I will most likely be building his/her deck during this phase and afterwards.

Special Spaces on the Board:

Domino City:
This space will be located near the center of the map. You may only station one unit on this space per day. While a unit you control is stationed on this space you may select one character from the Domino City list (this will be put up later) to duel. If you win the duel you can recruit that duelist as a unit who will be stationed in a kingdom of your choice that you you have captured the following day. If you lose this duel you get nothing. On the End Phase of a day one of your units battled a duelist in Domino City all of your units must be sent back to a kingdom that you have captured.

~I will possibly add more tomorrow based on the discussion that unfolds while I sleep. I hope most of you guys give this a chance~

~I also apologize if this looks long and complicated. I tried to be as concise and simple as possible while still explaining everything I could. I can also assure you that the math is easy~

Easy to Read Duelist Vocabulary: (this is basically in case you get confused while reading the rules or need a quick in-game reminder)

Player: You.
Gold: This game's currency.
Duelist/Warrior: An NPC character that can be recruited to your side as a unit via searching or Domino City duels.
Unit: A character that each player can interact with during the game's phases. Each unit requires it's own deck.
Space: An area that a unit can move to or interact with. Only six units may occupy any space at any given time.
Battle: The action of declaring a duel. The losing player is forced to move all of their units that currently occupy the space upon which the duel occurred to another kingdom they occupy while the winner occupies the space.
Shop: The action of using a unit to access a kingdom's shop.
Search: The action of using a unit to increase a kingdom's search number.
Work: The action of using a unit to earn gold from a Kingdom. If this action is used on an allied player's kingdom the earned gold is not paid by the other player.
Kingdom: A space themed with a specific monster type. They serve as the players main hub for moving around the map, shopping and earning other valuables.
Free Units: If at any time a unit cannot return to a player's kingdom it becomes a free unit. This unit can be taken by any player that has room for it. If a player becomes a free unit he/she can either wander around the board or try to recruit units via Domino City and try again.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

For those of you wondering, I'm still making the starter decks. I still have 19 more to go, though.

I'll try to begin this when Jeexx gets back in a few days. Hopefully by then I can refix my sleep schedule and actually be able to concentrate on this.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

SmashFinale

Not participating but i have to ask: Wouldn't this belong in the roleplaying section more than the forum games section?

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 01, 2012, 11:56:55 AM
Not participating but i have to ask: Wouldn't this belong in the roleplaying section more than the forum games section?
No.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

jkid101094

Eh, unless someone wants to help with the decks we can consider this dead. Jeexx left the forum, NiGHTS is nowhere to be found, Kay has all but completely ditched me and I've kind of fallen out of Yu-Gi-Oh! for now.

Really sorry, guys.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.