One of the best Sonic games on GBA

Started by Zenic, June 29, 2012, 12:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Chris Silvano on September 14, 2012, 04:24:42 PM
You people really gotta get your entertainment facts straight, like Jkid said. Cameos vs whole movies - not that hard.

Again, i fucked up.

Quote from: SmashFinale on September 15, 2012, 09:41:52 AM
Sonic & Sega Racing and Mario & Sonic Olympic Games

That's what i was going to mention. They're not sonic games, where would they possibly fit into the timeline of the sonic universe?

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 14, 2012, 03:08:28 PM
So is Sonic's Schoolhouse.

Explain to me where that would possibly fit into the sonic universe

So by what you're all saying, even the freaking Leapthingamajig sonic games would be a sonic game.

What i want to know, is when Sonic and eggman would suddenly decide "Hey, let's put everything aside, like, us trying to kill eachother, so we can go to the olympics or have a race"

Where would sonic have time at all to become a schoolteacher?

TheGameNinja

Yes, it's a Sonic game. If you want to argue about the Sonic canon, that's different. But a video game with Sonic in it is a Sonic game.

And who knows, maybe Sonic's Schoolhouse IS canon. :P

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 15, 2012, 11:28:53 AM
But a video game with Sonic in it is a Sonic game.

By that logic, any game with a certain character is part of that series.

Kingdom hearts is part of the FF series because cloud is in it.

Project X Zone is part of the megaman series because X and Zero are in it.

Super Smash Bros is a Metal Gear, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Mario, Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid, Pokemon, Earthbound, Pikmin, Kid Icarus game because it has ALL of those characters. No, it's not a cameo because all of those characters, are playable and not NPCs.

See how stupid that is?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: NazoUN on September 15, 2012, 12:25:28 PM
By that logic, any game with a certain character is part of that series.

Kingdom hearts is part of the FF series because cloud is in it.

Project X Zone is part of the megaman series because X and Zero are in it.

Super Smash Bros is a Metal Gear, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Mario, Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid, Pokemon, Earthbound, Pikmin, Kid Icarus game because it has ALL of those characters. No, it's not a cameo because all of those characters, are playable and not NPCs.

See how stupid that is?

Not what I meant. Nor what I said. Sonic is in Sonic Battle. Sonic Battle is a video game with Sonic in it. Therefore, Sonic Battle is a Sonic game. Like I said, if the canon doesn't acknowledge the game then that's one thing, but that doesn't make it not a Sonic game.

And crossovers aren't relevant. I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure Sonic Battle isn't a crossover. Your argument is invalid.

This is like saying Pokemon Snap isn't a Pokemon game. It is.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 15, 2012, 12:48:31 PM
Not what I meant. Nor what I said. Sonic is in Sonic Battle. Sonic Battle is a video game with Sonic in it. Therefore, Sonic Battle is a Sonic game. Like I said, if the canon doesn't acknowledge the game then that's one thing, but that doesn't make it not a Sonic game.

And crossovers aren't relevant. I haven't played it, but I'm pretty sure Sonic Battle isn't a crossover. Your argument is invalid.

This is like saying Pokemon Snap isn't a Pokemon game. It is.

Sonic 6 is a sonic game.

jkid101094

Sonic 6? That hack? It's a Sonic game, but not an official one. =P

Also we should do something about how off-topic this getting.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

zigazav

It is a Sonic game if: 1. It has enough number of Sonic characters, and has a plot to go with them (However bad it may or may not be), or 2. Has enough number of Sonic characters, and has a big enough role of the characters, so they are not just a small part of their series to be added to the game to the whole of the game they are being added to, like how Snake is in SSBB. There isn't enough of characters from his game series "Metal Gear Solid" to make SSBB a Metal Gear Solid game. The "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games" game series is both a Mario game and a Sonic game because it has both Mario & Sonic in the title, and it follows one or both of the conditions above. But I'm getting off-topic here. OP of this thead, don't feel sad about Emerl's death by Sonic's hands, Eggman brings him back by rebuilding him into Gemerl in Sonic Advance 3. Although he's on the bad side again, after you defeat him in the Non-aggression Zone, when he's defeated for the final time, Tails reprograms him to back to the way good Emerl was. He's now staying with Cream and Vanilla for his new home.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: zigazav on September 21, 2012, 05:16:39 AM
It is a Sonic game if: 1. It has enough number of Sonic characters, and has a plot to go with them (However bad it may or may not be), or 2. Has enough number of Sonic characters, and has a big enough role of the characters, so they are not just a small part of their series to be added to the game to the whole of the game they are being added to, like how Snake is in SSBB. There isn't enough of characters from his game series "Metal Gear Solid" to make SSBB a Metal Gear Solid game. The "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games" game series is both a Mario game and a Sonic game because it has both Mario & Sonic in the title, and it follows one or both of the conditions above. But I'm getting off-topic here. OP of this thead, don't feel sad about Emerl's death by Sonic's hands, Eggman brings him back by rebuilding him into Gemerl in Sonic Advance 3. Although he's on the bad side again, after you defeat him in the Non-aggression Zone, when he's defeated for the final time, Tails reprograms him to back to the way good Emerl was. He's now staying with Cream and Vanilla for his new home.

Here we go again.

SonicEnzoRue

It was fun, but it can be boring after a while and the difficulty was terrible.

Gilly

Though I'm not a huge "fighting game" kind of guy, I have to admit I really did like this game. It was so unlike a Sonic game but they made it work (which is rare for SEGA)

Ravenfreak

I've actually never played this game before, however i've heard some good stuff about it and now i'm tempted to go play it in VisualBoy Advance. xP

SainXFrost

tezzyman

Still Sonic Battle is still a great game, if people says its not a Sonic game, that's their opinion, everyone is entitled to an opinion, right? we all know its a Sonic game

Hakudamashi

Still wanna know where Knuckles got that house...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ExcaliberSonic9897