My thoughts on Sonic R

Started by Zenic, June 29, 2012, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenic

As a hard core Sonic Fan, Sonic R was one of the very first Sonic games I played, next to my all time favorate Sonic and Knuckles collection for PC. When I first played it I was instantly kicking tail. It wasn't the 2-d style I then played but me and my two cousins loved the game. I always played as Sonic and Metal, my male cousin played as Knuckles and Mecha Knuckles, and my girl cousin played as Tails and Amy. Whenever we could we would get on the PC and play for hours on end. We would always go through all the levels, including Radiant Emerald. Where my Super Sonic abilities will awaken and always get through till the end,until my male cousin pulled a fast one on me with Mecha Knuckles.

In all, this is my memories on Sonic R, and they will be with me forever, not the usual 2-D adventure, but damn its one of the best games I have ever played!

Gilly

I can honestly say I don't understand how people like this game so much.. it's pretty much unplayable in my opinion. I never liked any Sonic racing games, sadly.

Mikey

The handling is terrible and sonic controls like a damn ice cube in a rain storm.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: John Gillis on August 10, 2012, 12:34:04 PM
I can honestly say I don't understand how people like this game so much.. it's pretty much unplayable in my opinion. I never liked any Sonic racing games, sadly.
You'd think a universe that's all about getting to the goal as fast as possible would make a proper racing game by now...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicNo1Fanatic

The graphics are horrible, the controlls are agrivating, and the music is anoying; and is considered the worst Sonic Game ever.
The only reason why people continue to be interested in this game is because of the Tails Doll Curse, which I think is utter rubish.

zigazav

Quote from: SonicNo1Fanatic on August 15, 2012, 09:37:04 PM
The graphics are horrible, the controlls are agrivating, and the music is anoying; and is considered the worst Sonic Game ever.
The only reason why people continue to be interested in this game is because of the Tails Doll Curse, which I think is utter rubish.

I used to play the game every day, for my dear loyalty to the Tails Doll. Not the curse (I don't believe in no curses), but to him himself. I like that guy! Too bad the curse rumor is giving him a bad rep, and is flooding the net abit too.

TheRealSonic

Quote from: Mikey on August 10, 2012, 03:07:51 PM
The handling is terrible and sonic controls like a damn ice cube in a rain storm.
Everything i say too

Amouge212

I personally enjoyed the game. i love the songs in the game.

Everbody go super sonic racing! :D
Yuri Beats Yaoi evertime

Digimon Rulez! Pokemon Sucks

FrostbittenFlames

Hm....well, I played this on Sonic Gems Collection

detectiveflamey

the pc and gems collection ports are the best to play this game with, controls much better and the graphics are no where near as bad, a pretty fun game to tinker with. one of my first games as a child along with sonic 2, sonic heroes and sonic gems collection.

Pyrochrome

I loved this game as a kid, I still like it because of nostalgia and how easy it is to pick up and play. Objectively it is very flawed, but I wouldn't call it the worst Sonic game by any stretch.

macronsil5

ahjezuswhai

Oh yeah, definitely has a place in my heart. I've really learned how to use the controls and I don't think people give it enough credit.