Main Menu

196 rambles about things.

Started by Supersonic196, June 02, 2012, 09:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

All the cool kids have a blog. Also I was bored so I figured I'd do one.
It doesn't really seem like good pacing to start the day off as soon as the introduction ends, so I'll update this later.

HereAndThere

Pfft, cool kids.
I'm the only one here who actually updates his blog.
So shouldn't it be "Cools kids and an idiot who actually updates his blog?" -shot-

Supersonic196

Quote from: Jeexx on June 02, 2012, 09:21:22 AM
So shouldn't it be "Cools kids and an idiot who actually updates his blog?" -shot-
I'm not entirely sure. Why don't we consult the magic conch?

So today I accomplished like nothing, I tried uploading the Sword & Sworcery EP to the SZ FTP, and it kept getting disconnected. So I was pretty bummed. Then I ate some cheezits, and now I feel fat.

I still need to fill out my job application forms, so that's a fun evening activity. My allergies haven't been bothering me, so I'm pretty jazzed about that.

Also Nazo subscribed to me with another account on youtube, so that was pretty rad.

HereAndThere

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 02, 2012, 09:31:58 AM
I'm not entirely sure. Why don't we consult the magic conch?
Yes, why don't we.
That'll help quite a bit.

Supersonic196

So anyways, the first week of camp was staff training week.
That went well. We learned about sexual harassment, child psychology, and sexual harassment.

For the most part though, I was in the kitchen, cleaning things; it's actually not as bad as you would think.
It wasn't even hot because I have a giant fan to blow air at my face. however by the end of the week my lips were so chapped, it was painful to breathe. So I'll be wearing a lot of balm tomorrow and through the week.

I went to coldstone creamery with the staff, which is an icecream shop for those of you who don't live in northeast america. If you tip them, the girl behind the counter will sing a song about icecream for you. We had a lot of extra cash.

I'm superduper excited for next week, when we have campers in. It's like 12:25, though, so I need some sleep.
Love you all, talk to you next Saturday.

~196

jkid101094

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 16, 2012, 05:24:42 PM
I went to coldstone creamery with the staff, which is an icecream shop for those of you who don't live in northeast america. If you tip them, the girl behind the counter will sing a song about icecream for you. We had a lot of extra cash.
What do I get for a $50 tip?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 16, 2012, 05:42:41 PM
What do I get for a $50 tip?
you get to graffiti icecream on a building, and then sing a 10 minute long ballad about icecream.

jkid101094

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 17, 2012, 02:53:32 AM
you get to graffiti icecream on a building, and then sing a 10 minute long ballad about icecream.
Not worth it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

xSalashawty

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 16, 2012, 05:24:42 PM
I went to coldstone creamery with the staff, which is an icecream shop for those of you who don't live in northeast america.
Coldstone's in some of the western part too, actually. I love it.
Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 17, 2012, 02:53:32 AM
Graffiting on the wall is worth it.

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Supersonic196

So anyways, senior high week.

It was really odd considering some of these campers were older than I, and most were about the same age, but being staff changed my perspective completely. It was like watching young children play, that said, the typical highschooler isn't much more mature than a young child, but that's besides the point.

It was like in the 90's, and super humid all week, and working in a kitchen can easily raise that temperature to above 100.
It was like roasting alive. On top of that, the head chef made all the staff wear hats, so I was incredibly uncomfortable all week.
On Tuesday we had roast beef, and that was just awful to clean. I stayed in the kitchen 'til 10:23PM cleaning blood off of things, and polishing the meat slicer. Also my cabin doesn't go to bed until like 12, so I'm awake for almost 19 hours a day.

The kitchen staff and I get a few breaks throughout the day however. I just realized today that taking a nap during said breaks is the best plan of action.

Wednesday they have cookout, so I don't have to watch any dishes, and have the entire evening off. Wednesday is my favorite day.
I chilled with a good friend of mine Wednesday evening. She talks a lot more than I remembered.

I made friends with the lifeguards, and they help us in the kitchen during lunch now, it's much appreciated, and makes lunch much smoother.

Also there was a band that came in on Thursday, they played a lot of songs by Jimmy Eat World, and then some of their original stuff, the campers seemed to enjoy it. I didn't get to watch because I was scraping burnt cheese off of metal pans. My brother bought me one of their wristbands though, so it's all good.

Oh, and I ordered a new shirt from teefury.

I cannot freaking wait 'til this thing gets here.

Also my LOTR shirt arrived on monday.

Happiness fills my bosom.

Anywho, I have an extended weekend this week, so I'll be around the interwebs Saturday and most of Sunday.
I need to go take a shower, and then sleep 'til 11. Seeya tomorrow.

jkid101094

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 22, 2012, 03:30:55 PM
Oh, and I ordered a new shirt from teefury.

I cannot freaking wait 'til this thing gets here.
...Katamari Hello Kitty?

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 22, 2012, 03:30:55 PM
Happiness fills my bosom.
Yet another meme created by jkid. Time to put it on my list. *shot*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 22, 2012, 03:38:52 PM
...Katamari Hello Kitty?
CAT-amari, geddit? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Nobody will get the reference in real life.

jkid101094

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 22, 2012, 03:40:58 PM
CAT-amari, geddit? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Nobody will get the reference in real life.
Oh I got it, and I fucking want it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.