Sales of Xbox 360 Systems May Become Illegal

Started by jkid101094, May 23, 2012, 12:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Rush_The_Hedgehog

How on earth could they stop a huge business from selling a console? That's just plain stupid. :o

HereAndThere

Oh guys, I know what we should do next!
Make selling of older Call Of Duty Games illegal, so that the newer Call Of Duty games will bring in more players!
Just...Plain idiotic...

Hakudamashi

Wait, didn't Microsoft use this same patent foolishness to make it that the PS3 can't do music swap?

Ha, payback's a bitch.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 28, 2012, 01:58:53 PM
Microsoft had the patent since the original Xbox since they where the ones who invented it.
PS2 didnt have it, GameCube didnt have it, Dreamcast didnt have it - that was a legit and 'fair' patent.

This Patent here is for the h264 video codec - which something used... well, everywhere.
Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player und Xbox 360's have it. All of those are banned from selling in germany 'cause of the same patent.

Motorola will probably try to do the same in the USA.
From what I understand, Microsoft built hardware using Motorola tech without telling them, so they retaliated by banning their hardware in select countries.
Is that the tl;dr? Or is it more complicated than that?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 28, 2012, 01:58:53 PM
Microsoft had the patent since the original Xbox since they where the ones who invented it.
PS2 didnt have it, GameCube didnt have it, Dreamcast didnt have it - that was a legit and 'fair' patent.

This Patent here is for the h264 video codec - which something used... well, everywhere.
Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player und Xbox 360's have it. All of those are banned from selling in germany 'cause of the same patent.

Motorola will probably try to do the same in the USA.
Breaking out the German! Good for you Kyo!
Quote from: windlessusher on May 28, 2012, 02:23:46 PM
From what I understand, Microsoft built hardware using Motorola tech without telling them, so they retaliated by banning their hardware in select countries.
Is that the tl;dr? Or is it more complicated than that?
Its always more complicated than that?

Rush_The_Hedgehog

They'd probably just have to compensate the companies or something :D.

Rush_The_Hedgehog

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will just to shut them up :D.