Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

Not that I know of.

...I could stream it.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2012, 04:58:25 PM
Not that I know of.

...I could stream it.
You could, but what would be the point of that? How exactly would I be supporting the show by watching someone else stream it?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I don't know how you could support it without watching it aside from tweeting #ToonamisBackBitches to spread the word.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2012, 05:17:49 PM
I don't know how you could support it without watching it aside from tweeting #ToonamisBackBitches to spread the word.
It just doesn't seem fair to me that this show could die simply because a lot of people can't afford cable and not at all from lack of interest.

There's no way I'm not the only case like this.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

Pesterchum = sirJayden

TheGameNinja

SuperSonic23

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2012, 07:51:50 PM
The best animation block on American television ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=x9GUCsiEEvY&v=Xz300HmjMag

*hifives* BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! Toonami is most memorable for showing anime like DBZ, Naruto, and so MUCH MORE on Cartoon Network. CN cancelled it in 2008 for no reason (idk), and Adult Swim showed on April Fools this year (I cried when I saw it. Tears of joy!). After which, many ppl wanted Toonami back for good. Adult Swim posted on Twitter that if ppl wanted it back, then they tweeted "Stay tuned". Now, they're reviving it this Saturday 12:00 am EST on Adult Swim!!! *squeals*
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Jordan teh Echidna

American?
m'kay, no business here.
Pesterchum = sirJayden

SmashFinale

Quote from: SuperSonic14 on May 22, 2012, 09:40:53 AM
*hifives* BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! Toonami is most memorable for showing anime like DBZ, Naruto, and so MUCH MORE on Cartoon Network. CN cancelled it in 2009 for no reason (idk), and Adult Swim showed on April Fools this year (I cried when I saw it. Tears of joy!). After which, many ppl wanted Toonami back for good. Adult Swim posted on Twitter that if ppl wanted it back, then they tweeted "Stay tuned". Now, they're reviving it this Saturday 12:00 am EST on Adult Swim!!! *squeals*
fix'd

Canceled to make room for CN Real.

TheGameNinja

CN cancelled Toonami because Stuart Snyder, the current president of Cartoon Network, does not like anime. He is a firm believer in the animation age ghetto and was the single force behind CNreal. He had Toonami shortened to only 2 hours and pushed to its latest time slot ever. Toonami was not licensed new shows and thus half of those two hours became a rerun of Naruto and DBZ, and at the very end it was down to a single new episode of Naruto followed by a Naruto rerun, a DBZ rerun, and a Samurai Jack rerun once One Piece ran out of dubbed episodes. Ratings plummetted (which was the plan, to sabotage the block) and this was used as the excuse to cancel it.

If you truly want to trace the cause back as far as possible, you can blame Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The ATHF movie had a marketing stunt that became a bomb scare. That forced the previous president to step down and Snyder was promoted.

I'm certain the sole reason Toonami is returning is because Jason DeMarco, one of the 2 guys that created Toonami, was recently promoted to vice president of marketing and promotions. His high position had to have been key in this whole process.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 22, 2012, 11:34:15 AM
CN cancelled Toonami because Stuart Snyder, the current president of Cartoon Network, does not like anime. He is a firm believer in the animation age ghetto and was the single force behind CNreal.
Why the F*CK did he join a station called "Cartoon Network" in the first place?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

So...what were the ratings for day one? I heard they'll be released tomorrow but maybe I'm wrong?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Toonami is probably going to be cancelled again. The past two weeks ratings have been piss poor despite the last four years of nerd rage.

I kinda saw this coming.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 30, 2012, 04:22:30 PM
Toonami is probably going to be cancelled again. The past two weeks ratings have been piss poor despite the last four years of nerd rage.

I kinda saw this coming.
Two weeks? it has only been on ONCE...

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 30, 2012, 04:44:06 PM
Two weeks? it has only been on ONCE...
I said two because the tweet confused me. Hush, boy.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/207971067497676800

But then again, I guess I am being a bit pessimistic.

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Toonami/Toonami-Rating-Thread-Disscusion/td-p/65024600/page/2

This random thread here kinda shed some light for me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.