TOONAMI IS BACK BITCHES

Started by TheGameNinja, May 16, 2012, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Not like this was surprising or anything.

SuperSonic23

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 16, 2012, 10:28:52 AM

I knew when they said "Stay tuned", they would revive it! I even signed a petition to bring it back! OH, HOW HAPPY I AM!!! ;D
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Riot_Monsterous

Yayyyy! :3 Now, only if I still had cable xD

Hakudamashi

It's not like I can watch it anyway.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 16, 2012, 03:23:51 PM
lol Big O season 3?
You couldn't have posted that and not have expected me to flock in.

Big O doesn't really need a third season, but I can't say I won't be looking forward to it if it does happen.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Here's what the launch lineup's going to be:

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland
1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

They're "looking into" One Piece, Gundam Wing, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, and Inuyasha: The Final Act but don't have them yet. DBZ and Naruto's broadcast rights are currently held by Nick and Disney respectively, so they can't show them. They've also said that their budget is very tight and that if we want to see more that THEY NEED THE RATINGS TO BE GREAT.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2012, 12:00:35 PM

They're "looking into" One Piece, Gundam Wing. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, and Inuyasha: The Final Act but don't have them yet. Naruto and DBZ's broadcast rights are currently held by Nick and Disney respectively, so they can't show them. They've also said that their budget is very tight and that if we want to see more that THEY NEED THE RATINGS TO BE GREAT.
I've heard of these and been wanting to watch some of them. I WISH I could watch but I don't have cable...fucking cable. ;~;

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Draco has no motherfucking excuse now.

I'm pretty damn sure they have been lusting after Panty and Stocking for awhile now.
Their first broadcast will have amazing ratings as this is their first true return to society. And as long as they are able to entertain us like they did a month ago, there should be no problem.

SuperSonic23

They're "looking into" One Piece, Gundam Wing, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, and Inuyasha: The Final Act but don't have them yet. Naruto and DBZ's broadcast rights are currently held by Nick and Disney respectively, so they can't show them. They've also said that their budget is very tight and that if we want to see more that THEY NEED THE RATINGS TO BE GREAT.

Dude, Naruto's with Disney, and DBZ's with Nick. Scramble fail, lol.

TheGameNinja

fix'd

Peter Cullen will not be reprising his role as the "voice" of Toonami because of his busy work schedule (though I think that if the ratings are good and the budget increases, they might be able to get him). SARA will not be returning for now. TOM will still be voiced by Steve Blum and will be an updated version of his third iteration (before TOMas the Tank Engine). The Absolution will be slightly different, but mostly identical to its last appearance. Anime will keep their theme songs, but each show will still have Toonami's trademark intro sequences.

There is no western animation on the block for now, but they are looking into it. Though Samurai Jack and Megas XLR have already been addressed as being "unlikely."

jkid101094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBJpvL14Cc4&feature=g-all-c

Is there any way I can watch online? It's not fair that I can't support something I like because my family doesn't have the funds to throw down for cable. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Not that I know of.

...I could stream it.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2012, 04:58:25 PM
Not that I know of.

...I could stream it.
You could, but what would be the point of that? How exactly would I be supporting the show by watching someone else stream it?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I don't know how you could support it without watching it aside from tweeting #ToonamisBackBitches to spread the word.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2012, 05:17:49 PM
I don't know how you could support it without watching it aside from tweeting #ToonamisBackBitches to spread the word.
It just doesn't seem fair to me that this show could die simply because a lot of people can't afford cable and not at all from lack of interest.

There's no way I'm not the only case like this.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

Pesterchum = sirJayden

TheGameNinja

SuperSonic23

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2012, 07:51:50 PM
The best animation block on American television ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=x9GUCsiEEvY&v=Xz300HmjMag

*hifives* BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! Toonami is most memorable for showing anime like DBZ, Naruto, and so MUCH MORE on Cartoon Network. CN cancelled it in 2008 for no reason (idk), and Adult Swim showed on April Fools this year (I cried when I saw it. Tears of joy!). After which, many ppl wanted Toonami back for good. Adult Swim posted on Twitter that if ppl wanted it back, then they tweeted "Stay tuned". Now, they're reviving it this Saturday 12:00 am EST on Adult Swim!!! *squeals*

Jordan teh Echidna

American?
m'kay, no business here.
Pesterchum = sirJayden

SmashFinale

Quote from: SuperSonic14 on May 22, 2012, 09:40:53 AM
*hifives* BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! Toonami is most memorable for showing anime like DBZ, Naruto, and so MUCH MORE on Cartoon Network. CN cancelled it in 2009 for no reason (idk), and Adult Swim showed on April Fools this year (I cried when I saw it. Tears of joy!). After which, many ppl wanted Toonami back for good. Adult Swim posted on Twitter that if ppl wanted it back, then they tweeted "Stay tuned". Now, they're reviving it this Saturday 12:00 am EST on Adult Swim!!! *squeals*
fix'd

Canceled to make room for CN Real.

TheGameNinja

CN cancelled Toonami because Stuart Snyder, the current president of Cartoon Network, does not like anime. He is a firm believer in the animation age ghetto and was the single force behind CNreal. He had Toonami shortened to only 2 hours and pushed to its latest time slot ever. Toonami was not licensed new shows and thus half of those two hours became a rerun of Naruto and DBZ, and at the very end it was down to a single new episode of Naruto followed by a Naruto rerun, a DBZ rerun, and a Samurai Jack rerun once One Piece ran out of dubbed episodes. Ratings plummetted (which was the plan, to sabotage the block) and this was used as the excuse to cancel it.

If you truly want to trace the cause back as far as possible, you can blame Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The ATHF movie had a marketing stunt that became a bomb scare. That forced the previous president to step down and Snyder was promoted.

I'm certain the sole reason Toonami is returning is because Jason DeMarco, one of the 2 guys that created Toonami, was recently promoted to vice president of marketing and promotions. His high position had to have been key in this whole process.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 22, 2012, 11:34:15 AM
CN cancelled Toonami because Stuart Snyder, the current president of Cartoon Network, does not like anime. He is a firm believer in the animation age ghetto and was the single force behind CNreal.
Why the F*CK did he join a station called "Cartoon Network" in the first place?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

So...what were the ratings for day one? I heard they'll be released tomorrow but maybe I'm wrong?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Toonami is probably going to be cancelled again. The past two weeks ratings have been piss poor despite the last four years of nerd rage.

I kinda saw this coming.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 30, 2012, 04:22:30 PM
Toonami is probably going to be cancelled again. The past two weeks ratings have been piss poor despite the last four years of nerd rage.

I kinda saw this coming.
Two weeks? it has only been on ONCE...

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 30, 2012, 04:44:06 PM
Two weeks? it has only been on ONCE...
I said two because the tweet confused me. Hush, boy.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/207971067497676800

But then again, I guess I am being a bit pessimistic.

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Toonami/Toonami-Rating-Thread-Disscusion/td-p/65024600/page/2

This random thread here kinda shed some light for me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

It would help if AS promoted it. Like, at all. Before Saturday night, I saw one bump for it the night it was announced and one more a few days later.

Hakudamashi

So is it doing well or what?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

It's doing okay. It's not in trouble or anything, but it isn't doing as well as they want it to.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 03, 2012, 02:54:34 PM
It's doing okay. It's not in trouble or anything, but it isn't doing as well as they want it to.
This troubles me...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

So I haven't been keeping up. How well is Toonami doing? Has anyone here been watching it every week?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I have. Ratings are better and better each week. From the start, it was doing better than their normal Saturday night lineup. It's a work-in-progress, every week there's been something new. There's been a second into speech by TOM, a new music video, a new Building You A Better Cartoon Show short, etc. So it's doing alright. It would really help things if they could get just one big show that's still fairly new. Lots of people asking for Panty & Stocking and Funimation's been egging them on.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 23, 2012, 05:23:35 AM
Lots of people asking for Panty & Stocking and Funimation's been egging them on.
It's as if you're trying to make me feel bad.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Samurai 7 replaces Deadman Wonderland on August 19.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 31, 2012, 06:22:36 PM
Samurai 7 replaces Deadman Wonderland on August 19.
Deadman Wonderland is already over?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

It will be, it's only 12 episodes long. There's an OVA, but they aren't going to air that.

Hakudamashi

So I went up to the States last week, and I finally saw it. It's gonna take some time getting used to Tom cursing...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on August 01, 2012, 09:24:49 AM
It's gonna take some time getting used to Tom cursing...

Well Wind, he recently reviewed Catherine and Slender. It's like only adult games they will review...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 01, 2012, 09:54:21 AM
Well Wind, he recently reviewed Catherine and Slender. It's like only adult games they will review...
Well, there's only been "adult" games released lately...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

im so glad tonami is back i love it  ;D

TheGameNinja

EUREKA SEVEN IS GOING TO BE ON TOONAMI!!!!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 11, 2012, 05:43:46 PM
EUREKA SEVEN IS GOING TO BE ON TOONAMI!!!!
Haven't you seen that already?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

karloskombat

Why wasn't I informed of this? TOONAMI was my favorite block on Cartoon Network!

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on August 12, 2012, 10:13:27 AM
Haven't you seen that already?

3 times. But I can't wait to watch it again. ...even though I have the DVDs... :P

Quote from: karloskombat on August 12, 2012, 10:14:02 AM
Why wasn't I informed of this? TOONAMI was my favorite block on Cartoon Network!

I'm guessing you didn't see what happened on April Fools Day.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Jazz Nova

Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 14, 2012, 07:06:16 AM
Also, this: http://toonamifaithful.com/content.php?84-Jason-DeMarco-Q
No one really asked about PSG but too things stood out to me.

*sad face*

So there actually are places online I can watch to support it?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 14, 2012, 01:08:44 PM
So there actually are places online I can watch to support it?
When you find the stream, send me the link.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

They add new episodes to their site after they air, but you won't see the bumps of anything else. No Toonami, just the shows.

TheGameNinja

billyhatcher312

SmashFinale

Quote from: Erik Larsen on November 22, 2012, 02:11:08 PM
so they're putting naruto back on TOONAMI
Yeah... that's not too much of a surprise. The question is "what about Shippuden?"

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

They said they couldn't get Shippuden, I'd assume because Disney XD still has the broadcast rights. That's why they can't get DB/Z/GT/Kai, Nick has them.

Hakudamashi

Well, the Naruto anime bores me, and DragonBall has been done to death, so no loss there.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Quote from: windlessusher on November 22, 2012, 04:50:09 PM
Well, the Naruto anime bores me, and DragonBall has been done to death, so no loss there.

i grew out of naruto when i was 14 or 15 cant remember

TheGameNinja

One Piece returns to Toonami on May 18. It will be starting from episode 207, which begins the arc after Skypeia, which was the last arc Toonami aired. I don't remember if they finished that arc or not though...

billyhatcher312

SuperSonic23

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 12, 2013, 11:16:59 AM
One Piece returns to Toonami on May 18. It will be starting from episode 207, which begins the arc after Skypeia, which was the last arc Toonami aired. I don't remember if they finished that arc or not though...

Do you know if they're going to put Fairy Tail on Toonami soon?

billyhatcher312

when i was a kid they showed sailor moon and i watched it alot when i got home

TheGameNinja

Quote from: SuperSonic14 on April 13, 2013, 05:13:33 AM
Do you know if they're going to put Fairy Tail on Toonami soon?

No, they haven't said anything about Fairy Tail being on Toonami. There is one other show that they have said they are working on getting, but they have not said which show it will be.

In other news, TOM 5 and IGPX start on April 26.

jkid101094

Still waiting on PSG, Power Puff Girls Z and Persona 4.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 13, 2013, 02:12:21 PM
Still waiting on PSG, Power Puff Girls Z and Persona 4.

Power Puff Girls Z?  WTF

SmashFinale

As far as one piece goes, they were in the Sky and about to fight someone then Toonami ended.

TheGameNinja

billyhatcher312

that mocks the power puff girls its a classic

TheGameNinja

A new American PPG is being made too. The people that animate the Gorillaz music videos are animating the show.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 14, 2013, 09:23:19 AM
A new American PPG is being made too. The people that animate the Gorillaz music videos are animating the show.
Oh dear. This has a 9/10 chance of being horrible. From what I hear these reboots have a horrible track record.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 14, 2013, 09:25:27 AM
Oh dear. This has a 9/10 chance of being horrible. From what I hear these reboots have a horrible track record.

Teen Titans has a... sorta reboot starting soon. It's a comedy though, called Teen Titans Go!

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 14, 2013, 10:03:28 AM
Teen Titans has a... sorta reboot starting soon. It's a comedy though, called Teen Titans Go!

they're fucking up classic anime shows i love the original teen titans

jkid101094

I'm 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that Teen Titans isn't an anime.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 14, 2013, 10:48:35 AM
I'm 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that Teen Titans isn't an anime.
+0.111111111111111111111111111111111

jkid101094

That's 100.1111111111111%. I don't think that's possible.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Yeah, Teen Titans isn't anime.

billyhatcher312

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 14, 2013, 06:32:39 PM
dude teen titans is anime

Dude, Teen Titans was made in America. Anime is Japanese.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 14, 2013, 06:37:17 PM
Dude, Teen Titans was made in America. Anime is Japanese.

it looks like anime

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Erik Larsen on April 14, 2013, 06:41:02 PM
it looks like anime
Doesn't mean it is.
Anime is strictly Japanese animation/cartoons.

billyhatcher312

Quote from: LeaflameSD64 on April 14, 2013, 06:51:53 PM
Doesn't mean it is.
Anime is strictly Japanese animation/cartoons.

i do hope they put sailor moon back on toonami because i loved the anime

TheGameNinja

TOM 5 and IGPX start tonight.

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 27, 2013, 01:59:35 PM
TOM 5 and IGPX start tonight.
Damn it I keep missing Toonami.
Maybe next week I'll get up at 5 or 6 to watch it.

SuperSonic23

They brought back KARA!!! Also TOM 5 looks awesome!!!

TheGameNinja

supersonic513

do u think that they'll bring back DBZ or sailor moon like they showed it when i was a kid i liked sailor moon even though the acting was corny i liked it

SuperSonic23

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic513 on May 04, 2013, 02:41:55 PM
do u think that they'll bring back DBZ or sailor moon like they showed it when i was a kid i liked sailor moon even though the acting was corny i liked it
They've kinda been done to death...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Shadow84786

I hope they air Naruto Shippuden (uncut) since Disney XD cancel it.

supersonic513

Quote from: Shadow84786 on May 05, 2013, 12:50:24 AM

they did show that at one time but i think they dont give a shit about anime shows but their own so i think disney XD should stop showing other anime shows if they keep canceking the damn shows

TheGameNinja

Quote from: supersonic513 on May 04, 2013, 02:41:55 PM

They can't air DBZ, Nickelodeon has the airing rights now. Sailor Moon isn't licensed by anyone in America anymore, so until someone licenses it or until someone licenses the new one once it comes out, it won't be on Toonami.

Quote from: Shadow84786 on May 05, 2013, 12:50:24 AM

Toonami's said that Shippuden was too expensive, so maybe once they have a bigger budget.

Quote from: supersonic513 on May 05, 2013, 02:33:51 AM
they did show that at one time but i think they dont give a shit about anime shows but their own so i think disney XD should stop showing other anime shows if they keep canceking the damn shows

Toonami has never aired Shippuden.

TheGameNinja

K so since my last post Shippuden's started, Viz licensed both the original and new Sailor Moon anime and today they announced DBZ Kai is going to air on Toonami in the fall. Let's hope Funimation has the Buu saga by then.

jkid101094

There's a new Sailor Moon anime?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

The new Sailor moon is gonna be like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Sticks closer to the manga n' stuff.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on May 27, 2014, 10:17:10 AM
The new Sailor moon is gonna be like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Sticks closer to the manga n' stuff.
So pretty much DBZ Kai.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I think it's more of a Full Metal Alchemist deal.
But I never payed attention to Sailor Moon so I have no idea.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 27, 2014, 10:21:27 AM
So pretty much DBZ Kai.

Not exactly, Kai recut the original show with a little bit of new animation.

Sailor Moon Crystal is entirely new animation, a completely new show.