Capcom comments again about on-disc dlc

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 15, 2012, 03:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Capcom is revising its DLC strategy to include less content on-disc at launch, senior vice president Christian Svensson writes in a post in the Capcom forums. "We would like to assure you that we have been listening to your comments and as such have begun the process of re-evaluating how such additional game content is delivered in the future," Svensson says.

This introspection follows vicious complaints about Street Fighter X Tekken's on-disc DLC, to which Capcom responded that it sees no distinction between on- and off-disc DLC. Unfortunately, a few titles currently in production will ship with on-disc DLC, including Dragon's Dogma, Svensson writes.

Capcom decided to add DLC on Dragon's Dogma discs "during the game's development cycle this was determined to be the most efficient way of ensuring certain content was made available," according to Svensson. "You are being heard." Svensson concludes.

On-Disc DLC will (almost) completely disappear after the next few upcoming Capcom games.

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 15, 2012, 03:14:42 PM
"We would like to assure you that we have been listening to your comments"
Capcom fan: where the fuck is my mega man?!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 15, 2012, 03:14:42 PM
a few titles currently in production will ship with on-disc DLC, including Dragon's Dogma, Svensson writes.
Y'know, I was actually gonna buy that game day one, but now you can forget it.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

The problem isn't on-disc DLC, the problem is day-one DLC and you can bet Capcom will have more of that.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on May 15, 2012, 03:34:30 PM
The problem isn't on-disc DLC, the problem is day-one DLC and you can bet Capcom will have more of that.
No, I have a problem with both those things.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 15, 2012, 03:34:30 PM

Day-One DLC (or Preorder Bonuses) will exist forever, unless they have a new project for the dev. team right away.
No company is gonna let their people get payed for a month or two for doing nothing.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 15, 2012, 03:44:46 PM
Day-One DLC (or Preorder Bonuses) will exist forever, unless they have a new project for the dev. team right away.
No company is gonna let their people get payed for a month or two for doing nothing.
If it's about pre-order bonuses, can they at least make that stuff unlockable in game?

Also, if that's the case, then what went down back in the day when DLC didn't exist?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on May 15, 2012, 03:55:29 PM
Also, if that's the case, then what went down back in the day when DLC didn't exist?
Most of the time the team was moved to their next project.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/mass-effect-3-dlc

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

If it's about pre-order bonuses, can they at least make that stuff unlockable in game?
They want you to pre-order, why would they make it unlockable?
And if its free day-one dlc (when you preorder) then preorder or just ignore that content, duh.

They moved on. There was no way for them to 'patch' anything anyway and the only way to feature pre-order bonuses was to have physical objects. Game was finished and everyone moved on.

Just like that penny-arcade video says that jkid posted.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 15, 2012, 04:01:04 PM
Most of the time the team was moved to their next project.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/mass-effect-3-dlc
You mean that if these f*ckers stopped dicking around with FFXIII-2 DLC Then more time would be invested in make a game that doesn't suck eggs?

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 15, 2012, 04:08:56 PM
They want you to pre-order, why would they make it unlockable?
And if its free day-one dlc (when you preorder) then preorder or just ignore that content, duh.
But what if said pre-order bonus is vital piece of equipment that gives an unfair advantage in multiplayer or something? Also, what about countries like mine that don't have pre-order services(to my knowledge)?
I would rather they made the pre-order bonuses physical things that collector nuts will go crazy for... like that Sonic hat for pre-ordering Sonic Colours.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 15, 2012, 04:08:56 PM
They moved on. There was no way for them to 'patch' anything anyway and the only way to feature pre-order bonuses was to have physical objects. Game was finished and everyone moved on.
I'd rather they get a head start on working on a new more innovative project than unnecessaringly pissing off fans
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 15, 2012, 04:21:11 PM
But what if said pre-order bonus is vital piece of equipment that gives an unfair advantage in multiplayer or something? Also, what about countries like mine that don't have pre-order services(to my knowledge)?
As for your first question: Well, i dont know - nor can i report that i've never experienced that a 'unfair' pre-order bonus.
Might tell me some examples?

Wait, you cant pre-order your games? Does your nation have GameStops / EBGames? They probably have it.

I would rather they made the pre-order bonuses physical things that collector nuts will go crazy for... like that Sonic hat for pre-ordering Sonic Colours.
And now lets look where they are.

jkid101094

You mean that if these f*ckers stopped dicking around with FFXIII-2 DLC Then more time would be invested in make a game that doesn't suck eggs?
6 to 8 weeks more. Sure.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 15, 2012, 04:40:32 PM
6 to 8 weeks more. Sure.

That time could be invested into Final Fantasy Versus 13.

^ Me when i said that.

TheGameNinja

I only have a problem with day-one DLC if the content was left out of the game on purpose to sell separately at release. If it is only extra content that is completed before release, whatever. I'd rather get the DLC on day-one rather than a year later.

But I hate on-disc DLC. I don't want to have to pay extra for something I already have.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 15, 2012, 04:44:29 PM
That time could be invested into Final Fantasy Versus 13.

^ Me when i said that.
Who's the guy singing about a festival?

Also, I love FF13 and all, but they could devote that time to Kingdom Hearts...or Secret of Mana...or Chrono Trigger...

Me after saying that ^

Post Merge: May 15, 2012, 10:51:29 PM

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 15, 2012, 04:48:19 PM
But I hate on-disc DLC. I don't want to have to pay extra for something I already have.
What is it going to take for people to get over this? The reason they do that is so the content doesn't take up hard drive space. They're doing you a service and you're complaining about it. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.