Sonic Unleashed PC port

Started by Ioshyriku, April 13, 2012, 08:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

I know the title sounds fake as heck, but this awesome person here is actually porting sonic Unleashed to PC using Sonic Generations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-mS3tiWeCM&feature=channel&list=UL
also I''m not sure if this is the right section, so feel free to move it

Tanassy

Doesn't feel like it belongs in fan games.. should it be in the Sonic Generations section? I'll wait for more input on this. Anyway, this looks great! I can't wait to see more :3

jkid101094

Since someone agrees with me I'll move this topic.

Anyway, I've been stalking this guy. His work is amazing. I hope Generations because the new SADX...I just hope no one pirates it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

JJSonicShadow

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 13, 2012, 09:02:58 AM
Doesn't feel like it belongs in fan games.. should it be in the Sonic Generations section? I'll wait for more input on this. Anyway, this looks great! I can't wait to see more :3
Well, its acutally a Sonic Generations Hack/Mod
They removed the SG hud, and put the Unleashed stages in it (sadly no chip yet)
And The creators/modders are Twilightzoney and samothethief
My special secret fourm, please join and post!!!     http://jjsonicshadow.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=50c45c34e0ed962d35f7f4074963a7a9
JJSonicShadow

Tanassy

Quote from: JJSonicShadow on April 13, 2012, 02:40:05 PM
Well, its acutally a Sonic Generations Hack/Mod
They removed the SG hud, and put the Unleashed stages in it (sadly no chip yet)
And The creators/modders are Twilightzoney and samothethief

That's why I suggested the move, but now it's moved...

I'd like to see more overhauls like this. This is a BRILLIANT idea and I'm really glad that it is possible. I was afraid that Sonic Generations would be hard to mod at first, I was relieved when I saw model swaps and the like, but this just now blows my mind. I can't wait to play it.

It's just a good thing Unleashed doesn't sell any more otherwise this'd be quite a legal problem.

Hakudamashi

And thus, with the help of epic mods like these, maybe Sonic Generations won't sell so poorly

And who knows, maybe we'll get more PC Sonic games
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: LeaflameSD on April 14, 2012, 09:30:18 AM
Yeah, I read this on Sonic Retro. If it was completed today, I guarantee you 1,000,000,000% that it will have 100,000 downloads in the first 5 minutes. Too bad I don't have Sonic Generations, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to play it as my computer only reads CD-Rs.

You don't need a disk drive... It's only available on Steam.

Hakudamashi

The worst part of this is, the mod community is the closest thing we'll get to "DLC" in this game...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 14, 2012, 01:22:10 PM
The worst part of this is, the mod community is the closest thing we'll get to "DLC" in this game...

If SADX is anything to go by, that would be more than enough.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 14, 2012, 01:24:05 PM
If SADX is anything to go by, that would be more than enough.
For us, not for SEGA
They're kinda bankrupt at the moment, and here we are dicking around with SG to get years of entertainment out of it for only $40 or less..., and that's only if you bought the PC ver.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 14, 2012, 01:28:08 PM
For us, not for SEGA
They're kinda bankrupt at the moment, and here we are dicking around with SG to get years of entertainment out of it for only $40 or less..., and that's only if you bought the PC ver.

SEGA? HA! They've made so many stupid decisions that the deserve this slap in the face so they can slow down and make some GOOD decisions or face death. We're just trying to get fun out of a game that was quite honestly, not worth very much.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 14, 2012, 01:36:27 PM
SEGA? HA! They've made so many stupid decisions that the deserve this slap in the face so they can slow down and make some GOOD decisions or face death. We're just trying to get fun out of a game that was quite honestly, not worth very much.
Speaking of stupid decisions made by SEGA, is it possible to mod in better cutscenes and playable characters
Like, when Modern Super Sonic boosts, he technically flies right? So, swap Sonic's model with Tails and BAM, we're playing as Tails again =D

... I miss Tails ='(
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 14, 2012, 01:43:50 PM
Speaking of stupid decisions made by SEGA, is it possible to mod in better cutscenes and playable characters
Like, when Modern Super Sonic boosts, he technically flies right? So, swap Sonic's model with Tails and BAM, we're playing as Tails again =D

... I miss Tails ='(

You're starting to scare me.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 14, 2012, 02:01:14 PM
You're starting to scare me.

It's not my fault SEGA ditched the idea of multiple characters...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Does this mean we don't need to wait on SEGA to make a Sonic Colours HD?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay