Sonic Co-Creator now works for... Nintendo.

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 04, 2012, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

One of the key developers behind the Sonic the Hedgehog series is now a Nintendo employee, according to a new report from Gamasutra. Hirokazu Yasuhara, director of the original Sonic the Hedgehog and credited on a half-dozen sequels and spin-offs, has found a new home at Nintendo Software Technology.

What will Mr. Yasuhara do at his new role at Nintendo of America? We don't know for sure, as Nintendo hasn't specified, but there's a very good chance he'll be designing video games.

Yasuhara worked at Sega from 1988 to 1994, according to his LinkedIn profile, directing, planning or designing games in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, starting with the 1991 original and ending with Sonic R, the Sonic the Hedgehog racing game for the Sega Saturn.

Since then, he has worked at Visual Concepts on Sega's The Floigan Brothers and at Naughty Dog, where he had a hand in the design of the Jak & Daxter and Uncharted series of games.

Other key Sonic the Hedgehog creative figures Naoshi ?shima and Yuji Naka now work at studios Arzest and Prope, respectively.

Well, that explains everything.

Hakudamashi

If this reboot thing is for realz, then he's better off
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

It might just be for the best if Nintendo just completely owns the Sonic Franchise. I already pretty much consider Sonic as a Nintendo character anyways.

Tanassy

This guy is a fucking genius, and will make good games, no doubt at all in my mind.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 04, 2012, 07:24:17 PM
It might just be for the best if Nintendo just completely owns the Sonic Franchise. I already pretty much consider Sonic as a Nintendo character anyways.
Not to mention Nintendo is better at listening to the "proper fans" rather than the loudest fanboys
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicEnzoRue

Will he make good games? Maybe. Will fans like them? Maybe not.