Did Shadow Die?

Started by jkid101094, March 24, 2012, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonicsdimas

yeah,maybe that reboot is a LIE.... :-X

TheGameNinja

No, the reboot's going to happen. They might not get rid of the current canon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Sonicsdimas

but i do not want that reboot..... :'(

CreeperGang310

Quote from: windlessusher on April 01, 2012, 03:24:40 PM
Who cares about Shadow now anyways, SEGA clearly shows that these characters can't be taken seriously ala Colours and Generations...
in my opinion any game past sonic 06. shadow really hasn't been a major plot device in the games

TheGameNinja

It may be the same character in that it's the same body, but the character is different on a fundamental level mentally. Or rather, he is not the Shadow that Shadow should be after having experienced the events of Sonic Adventure 2. His self-sacrifice that saved Earth was only possible for him because of his growth in that game (specifically in the third act) as well as the absolution of his past that allowed him to recognize that he wasn't responsible for Maria's death and his coming to terms with and accepting of her death, thereby moving past it and being capable of living his life for himself as opposed to trying to redeem himself for his past sins. By causing him to forget key elements of those events, who Shadow is now is not the Shadow that would have existed if he had his memory intact. This is where the problem with how Shadow's return lies. Shadow, in my opinion, should have stayed dead. This cements his actions as possibly the most heroic act performed by any character in the Sonic franchise as well as carrying the weight that a permanent death can hold. Other characters could have had to deal with this later on, knowing his sacrifice allowed them to live. Alternatively, if Shadow had to return, his memory should not have been altered. You can retcon a death without resorting to amnesia like a cheap soap opera. Keeping his memory allows him to grow further as a character with the knowledge that he has absolved himself of his wrongdoings as well as accepted Maria's death.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 09, 2012, 06:48:00 AM
It may be the same character in that it's the same body, but the character is different on a fundamental level mentally. Or rather, he is not the Shadow that Shadow should be after having experienced the events of Sonic Adventure 2. His self-sacrifice that saved Earth was only possible for him because of his growth in that game (specifically in the third act) as well as the absolution of his past that allowed him to recognize that he wasn't responsible for Maria's death and his coming to terms with and accepting of her death, thereby moving past it and being capable of living his life for himself as opposed to trying to redeem himself for his past sins. By causing him to forget key elements of those events, who Shadow is now is not the Shadow that would have existed if he had his memory intact. This is where the problem with how Shadow's return lies. Shadow, in my opinion, should have stayed dead. This cements his actions as possibly the most heroic act performed by any character in the Sonic franchise as well as carrying the weight that a permanent death can hold. Other characters could have had to deal with this later on, knowing his sacrifice allowed them to live. Alternatively, if Shadow had to return, his memory should not have been altered. You can retcon a death without resorting to amnesia like a cheap soap opera. Keeping his memory allows him to grow further as a character with the knowledge that he has absolved himself of his wrongdoings as well as accepted Maria's death.
And that's why Dissidia sucks
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicNo1Fanatic

Well, as far as I know in Sonic Adventure 2 after Super Shadow used Chaos controll, thus depleting his energy causing him to fall to Earth.
Then in Sonic Heroes Rouge finds him in a capsule in Dr. Eggmans abandoned base; and in Shadow the Hedgehog, Eggman confesses to Shadow that he is the real Shadow and how one of his robots found him and brought Shadow to him.

So no, Shadow didn't die.

crashrocket2

I believe Shadow didn't die because of his super form. If you don't believe just tell me your opinion.

ExcaliberSonic9897

I hear constantly that he fell to earth but eggman found him. But then the whole clone thing arose and that screwed everything up.

SainXFrost

Well according to some people he died.Also in the end he gave Sonic his ring on his glove. However he comes back in Sonic Heroes and Sonic The Hedgehog(2006)

MichaelZone

See? I saw shadow fall to earth too?

tezzyman

You know. since shadow is in other games, there's no way. No way, shadow died

LokiCharms

I like the idea of Shadow dying in the end of SA:2. This makes the game actually a tragedy rather than an action game.

What I like about the story in the game is that he essentially goes from neutral, to evil, and realizes he was good. In the end he sacrifices himself to save the planet.

He was the real hero, now Sonic.
What is this I don't even

plwc96

although it WOULD be tragic and stuffs, i still think it turned out for the better that Shadow survived

greentyphoon13