Did Shadow Die?

Started by jkid101094, March 24, 2012, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

I'm posting this here so that no one ever brings it up again. I'm going to sticky it too. I assume John would approve. I've made the title ambiguous because people are going to have their own opinions and I don't want people looking at the topic tile and automatically taking it as fact because we're a Sonic forum (I only imagine 10-year olds doing this but still).

We've already settled this before so someone call Skyle up so he can argue the point and we can close this topic so we never have to deal with it again.

Oh, and case and argue your points. Seriously. I'm dying to hear them.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Mephiles

eh, he was in his super form when he crashed on Earth. I say he had a concussion, coma, etc.. then Eggman captured/healed him. :P
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

jkid101094

Quote from: Mephiles on March 24, 2012, 03:03:09 PM
eh, he was in his super form when he crashed on Earth. I say he had a concussion, coma, etc.. then Eggman captured/healed him. :P
That basically is what happened, according to STH.

Like I said, this has been solved twice on this forum but since those two topics no longer exist I figured I'd make a permanent topic so people don't start asking.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Mephiles

Keep the topic open, I wanna see other sides. :P and btw, I won't say my side is the truth though. it would be a lot less confusing if Eggman didn't make Shadow-bots.

Supersonic196

Yes, he died in Sa2, then SEGA noticed that he had become a fan favorite, and put him into heroes and changed the chronology so "one of Eggman's robots caught him"

Super Sonic Boom

Check your Sonic Heroes manual on Shadow's bio, it says something about that... I forgot what it was...

JJSonicShadow

Play about 10 minutes of the final boss, Eggman Confesses to Shadow he's not an android. One of his robots found him on earth, brought him to eggman. Eggman healed Shadow, and wiped his memory. Besides, the immortality thing shadow has; don't die, feel pain
My special secret fourm, please join and post!!!     http://jjsonicshadow.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=50c45c34e0ed962d35f7f4074963a7a9
JJSonicShadow

Mephiles

oh yeah, I almost forgot. your typical animal can't live past 50 years, so I think Shadow is immortal. lol

Gilly

You don't have to put "in SA2" on the topic title because this is in the SA2 board. Just sayin' :P

Supersonic196

Quote from: Chris Silvano on March 24, 2012, 06:09:14 PM
Check your Sonic Heroes manual on Shadow's bio, it says something about that... I forgot what it was...
That's what I was remembering. Some robot caught shadow from his fall, although I don't see how a robot could catch an artificial hedgehog falling from space, especially once he breached the atmosphere, he would be going way too fast to stop.

TheGameNinja

...how trustworthy is Robotnik?

How do you know he was telling the truth? Or the whole truth?

Tanassy

Robotnik has often told the honest truth. He is Robotnik.. he's almost always honest and truthful, UNLESS he's trying to pull someone into a trap.

That's just who he is.

TheGameNinja

You don't think he would lie to him to control him?

Tanassy

I think he's smart enough to realise that's not possible.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 25, 2012, 01:30:58 PM
I think he's smart enough to realise that's not possible.
*cough*

Tanassy

Shadow basically used him..

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 25, 2012, 11:06:50 PM
Shadow basically used him..
It depends on which story route you take, if you take the dark path he's completely loyal to the black arms.

Tanassy

He still only begins searching for the emeralds for his own gain.. He isn't stupid enough to be used or controlled. Hence the reason you can actually make the decisions.

JJSonicShadow

Quote from: supersonic196 on March 26, 2012, 02:18:33 AM
It depends on which story route you take, if you take the dark path he's completely loyal to the black arms.
Uh oh, we're leading our way to 'Shadow the Hedgehog" not Sonic Adventure 2 D:

Post Merge: March 27, 2012, 03:05:41 AM

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 25, 2012, 01:27:54 PM
You don't think he would lie to him to control him?
Well, he said in the boss battles he was an android, and in the end he confessed his lies. Sorry for the offtopic
Yup. He's immortal, so when he fell, he hit the earth, yes, felt superior pain, but a robot found him, took him to eggman, who wiped most of his memorys and made androids of him
My special secret fourm, please join and post!!!     http://jjsonicshadow.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=50c45c34e0ed962d35f7f4074963a7a9
JJSonicShadow

Tanassy

If he's immortal the whole game's logic fails, but it's the only truly applicable explanation. He could have landed on a giant cushion for all I care, nobody survives a trip through the atmosphere and lives to... forget... about it...

Quote from: JJSonicShadow on March 26, 2012, 10:04:20 PM
Uh oh, we're leading our way to 'Shadow the Hedgehog" not Sonic Adventure 2 D:

This is why I hate the new section layout. We ARE on topic. :L

SmashFinale

Why are we still discussing this? Seriously.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on March 28, 2012, 12:41:25 PM
Why are we still discussing this? Seriously.
So that we can put it to rest and shut up about it. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Who cares about Shadow now anyways, SEGA clearly shows that these characters can't be taken seriously ala Colours and Generations...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 05, 2012, 04:44:24 AM
blame the fans.

there where too much characters, useless characters, annoying characters
The problem isn't too many characters, the problem is how they were used
Remember how Cream the Rabbit was GOD in Sonic Advance 2 and 3? Remember how well Blaze worked in the Sonic Rush games? I remember how little I used Sonic in Advance 1, 2 & 3 just because Tails could fly, Knuckles can climb walls, Amy can hit springs with her hammer and take some MASSIVE shortcuts, and Cream was GOD. Now just imagine what they could've done with Silver and his psychic powers, Shadow and his chaos powers, E-123 Omega and his arsenal of mass destruction

To see all these characters be resorted to stupid annoying cheerleaders that aren't worth a damn really heartbreaks me for many reasons ='(
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicsdimas

you can  find ALL answers on  here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog
and all about him......

TheGameNinja

Yes, because Wikipedia is the ultimate source of irrefutable information.

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 08, 2012, 01:32:38 PM
Yes, because Wikipedia is the ultimate source of irrefutable information.
Especially the ones that have numbers above the end of a sentence. Those TOTALLY cant be trusted. They TOTALLY take you to the wrong website. and they TOTALLY dont fucking have active mods there.

TheGameNinja

None of it matters. The reboot will probably erase all the canon, so Sonic Adventure 2 will have never happened and Shadow will cease to exist or have to be reintroduced.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 08, 2012, 05:13:59 PM
None of it matters. The reboot will probably erase all the canon, so Sonic Adventure 2 will have never happened and Shadow will cease to exist or have to be reintroduced.
I seriously pray that this reboot is a lie...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicsdimas

yeah,maybe that reboot is a LIE.... :-X

TheGameNinja

No, the reboot's going to happen. They might not get rid of the current canon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Sonicsdimas

but i do not want that reboot..... :'(

CreeperGang310

Quote from: windlessusher on April 01, 2012, 03:24:40 PM
Who cares about Shadow now anyways, SEGA clearly shows that these characters can't be taken seriously ala Colours and Generations...
in my opinion any game past sonic 06. shadow really hasn't been a major plot device in the games

TheGameNinja

It may be the same character in that it's the same body, but the character is different on a fundamental level mentally. Or rather, he is not the Shadow that Shadow should be after having experienced the events of Sonic Adventure 2. His self-sacrifice that saved Earth was only possible for him because of his growth in that game (specifically in the third act) as well as the absolution of his past that allowed him to recognize that he wasn't responsible for Maria's death and his coming to terms with and accepting of her death, thereby moving past it and being capable of living his life for himself as opposed to trying to redeem himself for his past sins. By causing him to forget key elements of those events, who Shadow is now is not the Shadow that would have existed if he had his memory intact. This is where the problem with how Shadow's return lies. Shadow, in my opinion, should have stayed dead. This cements his actions as possibly the most heroic act performed by any character in the Sonic franchise as well as carrying the weight that a permanent death can hold. Other characters could have had to deal with this later on, knowing his sacrifice allowed them to live. Alternatively, if Shadow had to return, his memory should not have been altered. You can retcon a death without resorting to amnesia like a cheap soap opera. Keeping his memory allows him to grow further as a character with the knowledge that he has absolved himself of his wrongdoings as well as accepted Maria's death.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 09, 2012, 06:48:00 AM
It may be the same character in that it's the same body, but the character is different on a fundamental level mentally. Or rather, he is not the Shadow that Shadow should be after having experienced the events of Sonic Adventure 2. His self-sacrifice that saved Earth was only possible for him because of his growth in that game (specifically in the third act) as well as the absolution of his past that allowed him to recognize that he wasn't responsible for Maria's death and his coming to terms with and accepting of her death, thereby moving past it and being capable of living his life for himself as opposed to trying to redeem himself for his past sins. By causing him to forget key elements of those events, who Shadow is now is not the Shadow that would have existed if he had his memory intact. This is where the problem with how Shadow's return lies. Shadow, in my opinion, should have stayed dead. This cements his actions as possibly the most heroic act performed by any character in the Sonic franchise as well as carrying the weight that a permanent death can hold. Other characters could have had to deal with this later on, knowing his sacrifice allowed them to live. Alternatively, if Shadow had to return, his memory should not have been altered. You can retcon a death without resorting to amnesia like a cheap soap opera. Keeping his memory allows him to grow further as a character with the knowledge that he has absolved himself of his wrongdoings as well as accepted Maria's death.
And that's why Dissidia sucks
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicNo1Fanatic

Well, as far as I know in Sonic Adventure 2 after Super Shadow used Chaos controll, thus depleting his energy causing him to fall to Earth.
Then in Sonic Heroes Rouge finds him in a capsule in Dr. Eggmans abandoned base; and in Shadow the Hedgehog, Eggman confesses to Shadow that he is the real Shadow and how one of his robots found him and brought Shadow to him.

So no, Shadow didn't die.

crashrocket2

I believe Shadow didn't die because of his super form. If you don't believe just tell me your opinion.

ExcaliberSonic9897

I hear constantly that he fell to earth but eggman found him. But then the whole clone thing arose and that screwed everything up.

SainXFrost

Well according to some people he died.Also in the end he gave Sonic his ring on his glove. However he comes back in Sonic Heroes and Sonic The Hedgehog(2006)

MichaelZone

See? I saw shadow fall to earth too?

tezzyman

You know. since shadow is in other games, there's no way. No way, shadow died

LokiCharms

I like the idea of Shadow dying in the end of SA:2. This makes the game actually a tragedy rather than an action game.

What I like about the story in the game is that he essentially goes from neutral, to evil, and realizes he was good. In the end he sacrifices himself to save the planet.

He was the real hero, now Sonic.
What is this I don't even

plwc96

although it WOULD be tragic and stuffs, i still think it turned out for the better that Shadow survived

greentyphoon13

DewyTheD

Cannonically - no shadow was saved by one of Dr Eggman's robots, but in real life the character was killed off, but fans let sega know that we wanted to see shadow return... and that kids is why the game Shadow The Hedgehog exists

Firebow59

I think Sega meant to end him there but were like "He's popular, let's keep him."

TaeBot

he died in the game but people wanted him back so they brought him back

sonicfan714

Shadow the hedgehog was planned to die in the title sonic adventure 2.
it's even explained how he loses his form at the end of the game via voice lines by sonic ( jesus that audio)
after he fell to earth he would seemingly die off as he landed, but this turns out to be false as seen in shadow the hedgehog
in the final boss of the game eggman states how that shadow is the same shadow from the sa2 game.
hope that answers your question

Ijustliketoplaysonicgames

The thing is he DID come back in heroes, and maybe he luckily just fell on something to break his fall. Plus, he IS the ultimate life form so he probably would survive. ;)