Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™

Started by Tanassy, February 12, 2012, 07:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

QuoteIt turns out the rumour was correct and that Sega will be releasing a sequel to the well-received Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. The publisher informed Kotaku of the news at the Toy Fair in New York. Sega has yet to reveal platforms but fingers are firmly crossed for the inevitable Wii U version. New characters and vehicles will be revealed later this year.

Current expected release platforms are 3DS, Vita and Wii U, apparently no mention of PC, PS3 or 360. But it'd be pretty stupid not to include them.

Well, I liked the first game. I'm kind of excited, what would you like to see in this? I'd love to see a wider range of vehicles and characters, some new and more varying tracks and even a bit of balancing to the original formula. Riiight, and I can't forget; give the announcer more lines and less terrible jokes. Please.

I never quite expected this to happen, however.
Discuss!

If someone has already beat me to this, I apologise.

jkid101094

I never played the first one but one word comes to mind and I know a few people will agree:

Bayonetta.

Despite me never have played that either.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 12, 2012, 07:20:20 AM
I never played the first one but one word comes to mind and I know a few people will agree:

Bayonetta.

Despite me never have played that either.

Me and my friend ENDragoon were discussing that at the launch of the first game; "Bring in Bayonetta DLC"
Okay, maybe not so kid friendly.. but come on, there was even a part IN Bayonetta that had gameplay just like ASR, with fitting animations and even a suitable all-star move..
Plus, she's badass. Actually she has a really nice ass...

Supersonic196

I'm genuinely excited for an all stars racing 2. The first game was absolutely brilliant, I liked it better than Mario kart prior to the release of 7.

Tanassy

I wouldn't go that far, But I also certainly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, every single Monkey ball track ruined it for me. :U

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on February 14, 2012, 11:12:05 AM
I wouldn't go that far, But I also certainly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, every single Monkey ball track ruined it for me. :U
I love monkey ball, and I liked how they captured the course designs while still being playable as a race stage.
That said, the jungle course is really the only one I'd replay :P

Tanassy

I hated them... the 90 degree turns pissed me right off. THen again.. playing as eggman on that stage = A whole load of rage. Don't do it.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on February 14, 2012, 12:40:15 PM
I hated them... the 90 degree turns pissed me right off. THen again.. playing as eggman on that stage = A whole load of rage. Don't do it.
If you let go of the gas while drifting you can take those corners quite well. Nobody online seemed to know that, and that's part of why I loved it so much :P

Tanassy

I know that already, it's one of my main techniques, especially on thunder deck... so much love I have for that track. So much love.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 17, 2012, 02:36:32 PM
lolstorymodeinakartracer
lolstoryinapartygameaboutvideogamecharactersjoiningtheolympics

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on February 14, 2012, 12:40:15 PM

SEGA games love 90 degree turns.

Tanassy

Quote from: Chris Silvano on February 17, 2012, 05:07:26 PM
SEGA games love 90 degree turns.

I know, it seems that way..

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 17, 2012, 02:48:04 PM
Have you played the DS games or did I miss something?

The first one never had a story, the second's was a sorta poor excuse for one.

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 17, 2012, 03:26:25 PM
Diddy Kong Racing? Crash Team Racing?

This guy has a point..

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on February 18, 2012, 07:41:15 AM
And Modnation Racers...
ModNation actually looks fun but i didnt know it had a story.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on February 18, 2012, 09:07:38 AM
ModNation actually looks fun but i didnt know it had a story.
It did, it its pretty decent too
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Looks a bit like Diddy Kong Racing. Only about 50,000 times better.
The boat physics look like hydro thunder, which was amazing, and the racing is already rock solid.

This look promising.
Also I was wondering when SEGA was going to break out the dubstep.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 30, 2012, 06:34:55 AM

Looks a bit like Diddy Kong Racing. Only about 50,000 times better.
The boat physics look like hydro thunder, which was amazing, and the racing is already rock solid.

This look promising.
Also I was wondering when SEGA was going to break out the dubstep.
It looks a lot like a more high-tech version of DKR. Not bad, but there will be people pointing fingers. If Banjo was in again that'd make it all the more lulzy.

I want to play as a Puyo. I don't they can drive but Puyo's are awesome. :U

Or this chick. I can't think of two many SEGA characters that were left out of the last game, sans a Puyo Pop rep and NiGHTS for whatever reason.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 30, 2012, 06:46:06 AM
It looks a lot like a more high-tech version of DKR. Not bad, but there will be people pointing fingers. If Banjo was in again that'd make it all the more lulzy.

I want to play as a Puyo. I don't they can drive but Puyo's are awesome. :U

Or this chick. I can't think of two many SEGA characters that were left out of the last game, sans a Puyo Pop rep and NiGHTS for whatever reason.

Yes, playing as Amitie would be pretty rad. Her all star move would probably involve a lot of puyos.
Ristar and Vectorman, and Vyse from Skies of Arcadia are all confirmed as playable characters.

Also, look at this course for super monkey ball.
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/13.png

It certainly looks like we'll have MUCH more road to play around on.

And more screenies.
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/12.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/15.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/5.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/3.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/14.png

Apparently Sega wanted Kirby to appear in the nintendo version. It's unconfirmed whether or not that'll happen.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 30, 2012, 07:12:14 AM
Yes, playing as Amitie would be pretty rad. Her all star move would probably involve a lot of puyos.
Ristar and Vectorman, and Vyse from Skies of Arcadia are all confirmed as playable characters.

Also, look at this course for super monkey ball.
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/13.png

It certainly looks like we'll have MUCH more road to play around on.

And more screenies.
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/12.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/15.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/5.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/3.png
http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/14.png

Apparently Sega wanted Kirby to appear in the nintendo version. It's unconfirmed whether or not that'll happen.
If this is real then day 1 buy. Fucking Ristar, Kirby and Vectorman. <33333

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Anyone know who the person in the periwinkle dragster is?

Also, if all the courses are from games, then what game is this course from?
http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/20120430064347497.jpg
I originally thought phantasy star, or golden axe, but I doubt it's that.

Supersonic196

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 30, 2012, 07:28:36 AM
I just noticed the 'SEGA' is gone from the title. I'm thinking that there will be various guest characters & stages.

I hope Banjo returns.
I did not notice that...

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 30, 2012, 07:21:16 AM
Anyone know who the person in the periwinkle dragster is?

Also, if all the courses are from games, then what game is this course from?
http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/20120430064347497.jpg
I originally thought phantasy star, or golden axe, but I doubt it's that.
It's Amy. Look at how the car is designed then go back and look at other pictures of Amy.

Maybe they're adding some original courses?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 30, 2012, 07:32:59 AM
It's Amy. Look at how the car is designed then go back and look at other pictures of Amy.
Periwinkle.

not pink.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 30, 2012, 07:35:34 AM
Periwinkle.

not pink.

Looks like Alex kid but I doubt he'd be that tall. I could be an Avatar too, otherwise, I'm not sure.

???

*shot*

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Alex Kidd's design was really good in Segagaga.
Supposedly this new ASR is supposed to be very dreamcast centric. So hopefully we get the alex kid shown above, instead of this...

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 30, 2012, 07:59:12 AM

What the fuck?
Quote from: jkid101094 on April 30, 2012, 07:39:55 AM

Looks like Alex kid but I doubt he'd be that tall. I could be an Avatar too, otherwise, I'm not sure.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 30, 2012, 12:31:22 PM
yes, i know what panzer dragoon is - but as i said, i wasnt able to see that screenshot
I was trying to show you both, what I just posted and the screenshot I posted earlier so you could see what I was talking about, IMO, those too don't look alike except for the hair.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 30, 2012, 12:38:08 PM
there also are panzer dragoon stages, so there probably are panzer dragoon chars, no?
Possibly, but there weren't any playable Animal Crossing characters in Brawl. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 30, 2012, 12:53:50 PM
Yeah, but in the original S&SAR every character had their own few stages.
Opa Opa. Alex Kidd. Ryo Hazuki.

Hakudamashi

You'd think they'd make their other franchises famous again before doing this...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 30, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
You know what i just realised... it comes out this fall.
This game will sell bad, ha. Silly SEGA, doing the same mistakes over n' over n' over again.
hhhhmmmmm, explain
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 30, 2012, 03:00:45 PM
aside from the reboot sonic game we've got a shit ton of games in the september/october/november period.

It is the same reason all sega games sold bad in the last two years.
why do they still think their games are fall blockbusters or put them against another big title?
they simply dont have that status anymore...
Well what else are they going against? Probably some lame third person "kill-all-the-things" game...
I'd rather play ASR than most of the releases that usually come out in fall.
That said, I have no idea what Nintendo has in store with the WiiU this year.

Supersonic196

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 01, 2012, 01:22:21 AM
September: Borderlands 2, Dead or Alive 5, Far Cry 3, Fable: The Journey, FIFA 13, Hitman Absolution, Epic Mickey 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
October: 007 Legends, Resident Evil 6, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, BioShock Infinite, Assassins Creed 3, Forza Horizon, Little Big Planet Karting, Pokemon Black & White 2, Skylanders Giants, One Piece: Pirate Warriors,
November: Metal Gear Rising, Halo 4, Call of Duty '12, NFS Most Wanted 2

Grand Theft Auto 5 is also lurking around someplace there. I marked those bold who are direct competitors.
Plus, there are more kids-targeted games on there. Yeahhh...
Plus, the entire Wii U-Package
And dont forget, the Sonic Reboot which also comes this fall. Unless that now gets the Spring '13 treatment.

They should move this to spring '13... like the original S&SAR - February.
The only things on that list that mildly interest me are B&W 2 and Forza....
I'm honestly sick of shooters, like really REALLY sick of them.

LBP karting looks incredibly rubbish to me, and I don't think forza or NFS are that much competition, as they're not kart racers.
However, seeing as the general public actually enjoys this stuff on the list, it probably wont sell that well with that many games coming out. Hopefully SEGA pushes it to '13, Not only would they be able to do some last minute polishing, but it would save their sales.

HereAndThere

Quote from: supersonic196 on May 01, 2012, 05:11:08 AM
I find it amusing how you say "Shooters" even though there are clearly different games than just shooters on the list.
For example, MGR, DoA5, AC3, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Skylanders Giants, Fable: The Journey, Epic Mickey 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament.
Really, you're not interested in any of those?
Only in Indescribable monsters Black & White 2 and a driving simulator?
For some reason, I'm disappointed in you.

ButIDigress, I think the game might sell pretty well if it manages to actually get a little hype under it from other gamers rather than just Sega/Sonic fans. So yeah...But I don't see myself buying it, thanks to the fact that I still haven't managed to get a job...Great, huh?
But yeah, it probably won't flop, but it won't do good either...Well, good by the current standards for most (If not all.) Triple A companies.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Jeexx on May 01, 2012, 06:44:23 AM
I find it amusing how you say "Shooters" even though there are clearly different games than just shooters on the list.
For example, MGR, DoA5, AC3, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Skylanders Giants, Fable: The Journey, Epic Mickey 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament.
Really, you're not interested in any of those?
1. Not in the slightest.
2. I never said that all the games on that list were shooters.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 01, 2012, 01:22:21 AM
September: Borderlands 2, Dead or Alive 5, Far Cry 3, Fable: The Journey, FIFA 13, Hitman Absolution, Epic Mickey 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
October: 007 Legends, Resident Evil 6, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, BioShock Infinite, Assassins Creed 3, Forza Horizon, Little Big Planet Karting, Pokemon Black & White 2, Skylanders Giants, One Piece: Pirate Warriors,
November: Metal Gear Rising, Halo 4, Call of Duty '12, NFS Most Wanted 2

Grand Theft Auto 5 is also lurking around someplace there. I marked those bold who are direct competitors.
Plus, there are more kids-targeted games on there. Yeahhh...
Plus, the entire Wii U-Package
And dont forget, the Sonic Reboot which also comes this fall. Unless that now gets the Spring '13 treatment.

They should move this to spring '13... like the original S&SAR - February.
F*ck, gaming has to be the most expensive hobby ever
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on May 01, 2012, 05:11:08 AM
Right, because you're the only person in the world, and sales figures TOTALLY depend ONLY on what you buy, right? Right.
Because that's what you're coming off as to me, the  way you're talking. "Why should  it move it's release day? None of those games appeal to me at all, that must mean nobody will buy them"

Also, "shooters" is a very crude way of mentioning  a genre full of many, many subgenres, and tons of very well-received games. Not necessarily "Kill-all-the-things", Honesy, I'm sick of people like you who keep saying thay shooters are rubbish and need to die.

jkid101094

In response to the shooter comment, I only play FPS or TPS games if they offer something else. Something like COD where you just kill everything in your way or face waves on enemies isn't my style. Something like Fallout, Boderlands or Mass Effect seem like they'd be more my style because of the RPG elements that are supposedly in them.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Isnt Nintendo working on a real-time racing sim?

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on May 01, 2012, 11:12:43 AM
Right, because you're the only person in the world, and sales figures TOTALLY depend ONLY on what you buy, right? Right.
Because that's what you're coming off as to me, the  way you're talking. "Why should  it move it's release day? None of those games appeal to me at all, that must mean nobody will buy them"
I didn't say that. I said not many games on that list appealed to me. Also noting that most people enjoy those games, and coming to the conclusion that Kyo is right, and it's release should be pushed up...

It seems like everyone only reads the first few sentences of my posts... :I

HereAndThere

Quote from: supersonic196 on May 01, 2012, 10:56:25 AM

Sir, I listed the games that were not driving games nor shooters.
Silly :3
But yeah, it's probably the...Third? Maybe second worst game up there.
Right behind CoD12.

jkid101094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxwW0ofg1Js&feature=g-vrec

Come on. Now that Kyo isn't here you shouldn't expect me to find and post everything. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

That title tells me that Sonic's being quite the attention whore.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Meme Master Flex

It's just Mario Kart 7 with a SEGA makeover, there's nothing that special or sticks out about it.

I can say that i certainly won't be buying this game.

SmashFinale

Quote from: NazoUN on July 21, 2012, 07:32:12 AM
It's just Mario Kart 7 with a SEGA makeover, there's nothing that special or sticks out about it.

Fast Fact:
Mario Kart 7 had Propellers that let you go underwater
MK7 had Hang Gliders. Not planes.

Now, there was a game on the N64 that had Planes, Cars, and Boats as race-able vehicles.
That game was called Diddy Kong Racing. Got remade too.

Tanassy

This and Mario Kart 7 has shit all in common, despite... cars.

Mario Kart 7 doesn't have dynamic tracks that change significantly as you play, flying, or travelling on top of water. It's power ups are also different.

I'm sick of people saying this is a MK7 rip-off.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on July 22, 2012, 10:36:33 PM
This and Mario Kart 7 has shit all in common, despite... cars.

Mario Kart 7 doesn't have dynamic tracks that change significantly as you play, flying, or travelling on top of water. It's power ups are also different.

I'm sick of people saying this is a MK7 rip-off.
Like Smash said. Looks more like Diddy Kong Racing then MK7, except with the MK7 feature of switching during the race.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Fuck off will ya...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicsdimas

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Sonicsdimas

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 15, 2012, 04:27:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt28UUvMX5Y&feature=g-all-u
The Sonic Show also uploaded this,but The Sonic Show uploaded it first(Sega uploaded on 15,Sonic Show uploaded on 13)

Hakudamashi

I can't believe people are STILL on about Sonic in a car...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

I honestly hope that the physics changes on air/water won't be too harsh.
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sonicfan223 on August 17, 2012, 07:45:08 PM
lol i know its so weird man i cant believe that they woul make a second game of the series
Why not, the first game was awesome.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sonicfan223 on August 20, 2012, 02:29:43 AM
I do love SSAR it is fun
Quote from: Sonicfan223 on August 17, 2012, 07:45:08 PM
lol i know its so weird man i cant believe that they woul make a second game of the series
Explain yourself.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Sonic Boom

Honestly SASASR is basically a good diversion from Mario Kart. I won't get on the bandwagon and say one is better than another but each have different dynamics.

One didn't copy another, one didn't steal from another. But I'd love to see this competition continue for the race for best racing game (no pun intended).

If they compete against each other - we win by seeing better games from each side.

SonicEnzoRue

Why do they have Danica Patrik in the game!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sonicfan223 on September 05, 2012, 08:14:54 AM
i like SSAR better than mario kart because its more insane than mario kart so i like it better
I prefer SSAR because drifting.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Erik Larson on September 10, 2012, 10:42:50 AM
i like SSAR drifting too but mario kart has drifting in it too idiot
Because apparently you couldn't understand that I meant I prefer SSAR's drifting better cause it handles corners, not that Mario Kart didn't have drifting.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

I wonder how the 3DS version will be? Probably the same but knowing Sega they will give us a demo at the release date.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 04, 2012, 09:34:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjeDF-_nPE&feature=g-all-c
I'm actually contemplating getting this over Mario Kart 7 and LBPKarting, cause I really loved the first one and now regret not getting it...

Also, I've taken a liking to this song.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I think I'll get the 3DS ver. just to say "F*ck You" to Mario Kart.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

This game has just been getting all sorts of praise. Only if the creators of Hot Wheelz: Extreme Racing could make a mufti-terrain racing game like Sumo Digital does...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 22, 2012, 05:21:12 AM
This game has just been getting all sorts of praise. Only if the creators of Hot Wheelz: Extreme Racing could make a mufti-terrain racing game like Sumo Digital does...
Despite what I said, I hope the praise its getting isn't because people are tired of Nintendo...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on November 22, 2012, 06:17:58 AM
Despite what I said, I hope the praise its getting isn't because people are tired of Nintendo...

The praise is often due to it's tight controls and dynamic trackstyles. The downfall is that boating and flying is nowhere near as satisfying as the great ground controls.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 22, 2012, 06:27:05 PM
The praise is often due to it's tight controls and dynamic trackstyles. The downfall is that boating and flying is nowhere near as satisfying as the great ground controls.
Well, it wasn't in Diddy Kong Racing either... As far as my memory goes anyway.
But as for the stages, are any re-used?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I think I should move this since the game is out now. John, do you want to create a new section or do you just want me to do something else?

Also anyone have this on PS3? I'm trying to rent it and...well...

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I just bought this game and.. well...

'Tis fucking cool.

Hakudamashi

Still waiting on the 3DS ver.

Hope this doesn't crash and burn like Starhawk.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 25, 2012, 09:21:31 PM
I just bought this game and.. well...

'Tis fucking cool.
Do you know any other word to describe the tracks other than, "dynamic"?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

There's no point for me getting this game. Ya'll just piss me off.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on November 26, 2012, 02:40:08 PM
Hmm, explain
>Finally obtains the game after one month of the games release
"Hey you guys wanna play Sonic and Sega?"
"Nope."

Pretty much happens all the fucking time. So im not wasting my money on it.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 26, 2012, 03:30:43 PM
>Finally obtains the game after one month of the games release
"Hey you guys wanna play Sonic and Sega?"
"Nope."

Pretty much happens all the fucking time. So im not wasting my money on it.
In my defense I've tried to get everyone to play MK7 again multiple times.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 26, 2012, 03:49:27 PM
In my defense I've tried to get everyone to play MK7 again multiple times.
Yeah, well im not talking about you Jkid. Im talking about everyone else. They are jerks. Fucking teasing jerks.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 26, 2012, 01:12:12 PM
Do you know any other word to describe the tracks other than, "dynamic"?

Shit moving and crashing and burning and changing and transforming everywhere?

Quite often, each lap will be different. Sometimes, it's subtle. Sometimes, it's track-changingly massive. It takes away the whole formula of just doing the same thing three times and instead gives you a new way to play and sometimes a choice of which way to play with every lap.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Erik Larsen on November 27, 2012, 06:13:57 AM
Dude the game rocks so u don't know what the fuck ur talking about
Then you are blind as hell. But i'll make this easy for you.
I finally get my hands on the game, lets say the PS3 version. I ask some people on the site if they want to play with me since they have been talking about said game NONFUCKINGSTOP, and then they say no. And that's why im not wasting time on this game. It's not just a one player game, its a multiplayer game. And when people dont want to play it for bullshit reasons, i feel as though i wasted my time and money. So no, no Sonic & Sega.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 26, 2012, 04:17:05 PM
Yeah, well im not talking about you Jkid. Im talking about everyone else. They are jerks. Fucking teasing jerks.
Did you buy Skullgirls? No? Then fuck off.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 27, 2012, 07:17:58 AM
Then you are blind as hell. But i'll make this easy for you.
I finally get my hands on the game, lets say the PS3 version. I ask some people on the site if they want to play with me since they have been talking about said game NONFUCKINGSTOP, and then they say no. And that's why im not wasting time on this game. It's not just a one player game, its a multiplayer game. And when people dont want to play it for bullshit reasons, i feel as though i wasted my time and money. So no, no Sonic & Sega.

If you buy it now you won't have that problem. Besides, the AI in this game isn't stupid rubberband-driven AI like in Mario Kart.  The singleplayer is fun as hell and boy, it's hard. I found playing online was no more fun.

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on November 27, 2012, 12:51:32 PM
Did you buy Skullgirls? No? Then fuck off.
Do you play your Xbox 360? No? Then fuck off.
Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 27, 2012, 08:54:27 PM
If you buy it now you won't have that problem. Besides, the AI in this game isn't stupid rubberband-driven AI like in Mario Kart.  The singleplayer is fun as hell and boy, it's hard. I found playing online was no more fun.
They fixed that in Mario Kart 7 (only took them like a fucking decade). And yeah, there are some games i want and limited money in supply anyways.

Tanassy

Mario Kart 7 fixed the stupidity of the AI, but never got rid of the rubberbanding algorithm.
The game is sold at budget price.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on November 28, 2012, 06:28:52 PM
Or you could get a PS3
Or better idea, not waste time with an no backwards compat in which i'd have to modify myself to getit to work and just wait for PS4

Besides, I'd probably be too busy with HD collection games anyways.

And i'd rather play with others than just play with myself Magneto.

Tanassy

SmashFinale

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 28, 2012, 06:43:18 PM
You might not want to do that.....
...Explain please. If it's about that in-game commercial thing that either you or kyo showed us then i can understand.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 28, 2012, 06:38:30 PM
Or better idea, not waste time with an no backwards compat in which i'd have to modify myself to getit to work and just wait for PS4

Besides, I'd probably be too busy with HD collection games anyways.
Good luck with that.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 28, 2012, 06:49:46 PM
...Explain please. If it's about that in-game commercial thing that either you or kyo showed us then i can understand.
Well the PS4 is shaping up to be a terrible console all things considered. It's not just in-game advertising, but tying games to accounts and practically making used games useless without an extra purchase.. like online games but not just for online.
That and it's also very restrictive in other areas... again having no backwards compatibility. I'll explain more when I have more legit information to work with, but as it is right now... we're all better off getting a Wii U or NextBox for the upcoming generation..

Still, a PS3 is well worth it in this generation.

Hakudamashi

And now that the next Xbox will catch up to the PS3, maybe the PS3 will stop getting the crappy ports... hopefully.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on November 29, 2012, 02:13:32 AM
And now that the next Xbox will catch up to the PS3, maybe the PS3 will stop getting the crappy ports... hopefully.
This is what happens when you know nothing about console hardware.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 29, 2012, 02:51:15 AM
This is what happens when you know nothing about console hardware.
You mean me assuming the Xbox is catching up to the PS3? Or the Ps3's crappy ports?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Pardoned.

There's nothing more the current generation can show us. It's time to see what the next will provide.

..so far, it's only providing genuine evidence we're approaching another gaming crash.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 29, 2012, 05:54:59 AM
Pardoned.

There's nothing more the current generation can show us. It's time to see what the next will provide.

..so far, it's only providing genuine evidence we're approaching another gaming crash.
you mean people making games to make money instead of making money to make games?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on November 29, 2012, 03:15:24 PM
Yes
Tequila tastes horrible btw, don't drink that sh*t.
I hope you didn't eat the worm.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 29, 2012, 03:19:57 PM
I hope you didn't eat the worm.
You and me both, but enough of my drinking problems, SASRT, looks f*cking good n' all, but where's the demo?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on November 29, 2012, 03:21:55 PM
but where's the demo?
Wait what? I expected a demo for the console AND portable versions. Are you saying that neither have a demo for it?

Tanassy

SmashFinale

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on November 29, 2012, 09:17:58 PM
Not all games have demos.
But this is Sega we are talking about, Iris. Usually they have demos for games they release.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 29, 2012, 10:16:37 PM
But this is Sega we are talking about, Iris. Usually they have demos for games they release.
Did Bayonetta have a demo?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on November 30, 2012, 04:26:33 AM
Did Bayonetta have a demo?
i didnt play hotbirtwitchthatpacksheat. So i dont actually know. Im going to assume no since you are being smart with me.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 30, 2012, 06:27:12 AM
Bayonetta has a Demo on Xbox Live.
Sega and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed has a Demo on Xbox Live.

I dont know about PSN, but i'm assuming there is one there too.
No, there isn't...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on November 30, 2012, 12:06:24 PM

I have Xbox Live Gold, so it might be that these demos are Gold-Member Exclusive.
Probably is, cause I have PS plus and there's no demo.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

There's no demo for either game, and I have PS Plus too.

Nobody really gives a fuck anyway.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on December 03, 2012, 02:05:24 AM
There's no demo for either game, and I have PS Plus too.

Nobody really gives a fuck anyway.
Is it so wrong to want to try a game before I buy it?
Welp, that's why there's pirating I guess.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 03, 2012, 07:46:48 AM
Is it so wrong to want to try a game before I buy it?
Welp, that's why there's pirating I guess.
Actually, that's why I have Gamefly.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 03, 2012, 02:29:12 PM
And we'll probably get Shenmue-Guy, Hatsune Miku and Segata Sanshiro as DLC.

Yeah I saw that poll. It's all unofficial, though.

How much do you think SEGA would have to pay to pull Miku in? I'm 99.999% sure she has nothing to do with SEGA.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 03, 2012, 02:42:07 PM
They have all the video-game rights and Miku made appearances in other SEGA Games already. 

And the poll is official.
Prove both of these.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I asked you to prove your points. Not for a Kotaku article. =P

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?427121-S0L-s-Challenge-The-Campaign-for-SEGA-characters-to-become-DLC

This is apparently the legitimate topic on the SEGA forums. The OP even states that nothing is likely to come of this.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 03, 2012, 03:13:10 PM
That also reminded to watch this video again on a daily basis.

That video is pretty cute, I have to admit.

Hopefully we'll get lucky and SEGA takes that list to heart (though less than 4000 votes still isn't a lot). I'd love a stage to go with it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

It's official by the developers, but SEGA haven't said whether they'll do anything about it. We may or may not get this DLC, time will tell.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 03, 2012, 02:29:12 PM
I'll be getting it on ze wii u.

Everyone will be over the game by the time you get it in like 2 years.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on December 03, 2012, 04:23:25 PM
Everyone will be over the game by the time you get it in like 2 years.
The problem with almost every multiplayer ever...

Also
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

The more I play this game the more problems I find I have with it.

...I should write a review.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 04, 2012, 02:17:31 PM
...You should make a video review for yer yewtweb for my channel.
That hide your true thoughts thing isn't working...

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 04, 2012, 02:13:22 PM
The more I play this game the more problems I find I have with it.

...I should write a review.
HAH, I was right to hold off on this game, problems like what?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on December 04, 2012, 02:17:31 PM
...You should make a video review for yer yewtweb for my channel.
You do know transparent is a color code on this forum, right?

---> See?

Also no for too many reasons.

Quote from: windlessusher on December 04, 2012, 02:23:14 PM
HAH, I was right to hold off on this game, problems like what?
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun. There are just a few glaring flaws that hurt the enjoyment you'll get out of it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 04, 2012, 02:41:15 PM
Not answering my question...
Wait until I get to the review, then. I don't like repeating myself.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 04, 2012, 02:46:26 PM
Wait until I get to the review, then. I don't like repeating myself.
That implies you're actually going to make it
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Why fix what wasn't broken?
Why not keep the old way of unlocking stuff, and have this whole "Challenge Mode" unlock costumes and other fluff stuff?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on December 07, 2012, 10:13:01 AM
Why fix what wasn't broken?
Why not keep the old way of unlocking stuff, and have this whole "Challenge Mode" unlock costumes and other fluff stuff?
Ask Sumo Digital. Not me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Green Mii

Anyone know if you can use your Miis on the Wii U version?

jkid101094

Quote from: Green Mii on December 14, 2012, 02:17:19 PM
Anyone know if you can use your Miis on the Wii U version?
You can, but I believe you have to unlock them.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Green Mii

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 14, 2012, 02:28:36 PM
You can, but I believe you have to unlock them.
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to know where, would you?

jkid101094

Quote from: Green Mii on December 14, 2012, 03:31:56 PM
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to know where, would you?
Well you could easily look it up but if it's anything like the PS3 version you'd do it either in the Grand Prix or Tour Modes.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Jkid's right, actually. You unlock them via GP mode.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on December 15, 2012, 12:27:55 AM
Jkid's right, actually. You unlock them via GP mode.
We need to play this game again. I probably suck now.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheSonicGamer201X

Quote from: Supersonic196 on February 14, 2012, 10:34:13 AM
I'm genuinely excited for an all stars racing 2. The first game was absolutely brilliant, I liked it better than Mario kart prior to the release of 7.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™ IS ALREADY an all stars racing 2....

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 17, 2013, 12:26:51 PM
... the trailer was posted today, how is that late.
Besides, no one else posted it - so shush.
I've known about this since before the consoles releases. The trailer might be new but the info isn't. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 17, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
I've known about this since before the consoles releases. The trailer might be new but the info isn't. =P
So blame the trailer guy.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay