Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™

Started by Tanassy, February 12, 2012, 07:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

QuoteIt turns out the rumour was correct and that Sega will be releasing a sequel to the well-received Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. The publisher informed Kotaku of the news at the Toy Fair in New York. Sega has yet to reveal platforms but fingers are firmly crossed for the inevitable Wii U version. New characters and vehicles will be revealed later this year.

Current expected release platforms are 3DS, Vita and Wii U, apparently no mention of PC, PS3 or 360. But it'd be pretty stupid not to include them.

Well, I liked the first game. I'm kind of excited, what would you like to see in this? I'd love to see a wider range of vehicles and characters, some new and more varying tracks and even a bit of balancing to the original formula. Riiight, and I can't forget; give the announcer more lines and less terrible jokes. Please.

I never quite expected this to happen, however.
Discuss!

If someone has already beat me to this, I apologise.

jkid101094

I never played the first one but one word comes to mind and I know a few people will agree:

Bayonetta.

Despite me never have played that either.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 12, 2012, 07:20:20 AM
I never played the first one but one word comes to mind and I know a few people will agree:

Bayonetta.

Despite me never have played that either.

Me and my friend ENDragoon were discussing that at the launch of the first game; "Bring in Bayonetta DLC"
Okay, maybe not so kid friendly.. but come on, there was even a part IN Bayonetta that had gameplay just like ASR, with fitting animations and even a suitable all-star move..
Plus, she's badass. Actually she has a really nice ass...

Supersonic196

I'm genuinely excited for an all stars racing 2. The first game was absolutely brilliant, I liked it better than Mario kart prior to the release of 7.

Tanassy

I wouldn't go that far, But I also certainly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, every single Monkey ball track ruined it for me. :U

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on February 14, 2012, 11:12:05 AM
I wouldn't go that far, But I also certainly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, every single Monkey ball track ruined it for me. :U
I love monkey ball, and I liked how they captured the course designs while still being playable as a race stage.
That said, the jungle course is really the only one I'd replay :P

Tanassy

I hated them... the 90 degree turns pissed me right off. THen again.. playing as eggman on that stage = A whole load of rage. Don't do it.

Supersonic196

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on February 14, 2012, 12:40:15 PM
I hated them... the 90 degree turns pissed me right off. THen again.. playing as eggman on that stage = A whole load of rage. Don't do it.
If you let go of the gas while drifting you can take those corners quite well. Nobody online seemed to know that, and that's part of why I loved it so much :P

Tanassy

I know that already, it's one of my main techniques, especially on thunder deck... so much love I have for that track. So much love.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 17, 2012, 02:36:32 PM
lolstorymodeinakartracer
lolstoryinapartygameaboutvideogamecharactersjoiningtheolympics

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale