Bill S.978

Started by jkid101094, July 02, 2011, 05:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

QuoteATTENTION

If Bill S.978 gets passed, all copyrighted material will be removed/blocked from the internet (including gameplay/commentaries and livestreams), UNLESS the person who posted the material have a special permission. If you DONT have the permission, the consequences for this will be either civil fines on thousands of dollars or jail.

create an Account & click 'I Oppose this Bill'

SPREAD THE WORD
That means no more Gmod videos, no more LPs, no more John Gillis playing Sonic song live for us, hell no more Sonic Zone...Or at least I think so. 

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I couldn't make an account because I don't have a "Valid 5-digit zipcode"

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 03, 2011, 10:00:32 AM
Sonic Zone is already illegal, hosting pirated content, etc.
If this bill pasted Sonic Zone wouldn't be the only thing we'd need to worry about.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

The law would be unenforceable. Roughly 80% of YouTube would land in butt-hurt prison.

IF it passes, they would probably go after websites hosting the content, rather than individual users. Eventually the government would pick a fight with a site that could actually punch back COUGHGOOGLECOUGH and the law will probably be overturned.

That, or they WILL go after every LETSPLAYDUDELOL on YouTube. Which would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Ioshyriku

don't worry this law is to ridiculous to be implemented
but in case I have a small question, is it America only or in all the world?

TheGameNinja

Just America. Then again, it's a law about the internet, so who the EFF knows. Legally, America technically owns the internet and can (and has tried before to put THIS into law) in theory turn the whole dang thing off.

So, like I said, who the EFF knows? Let's Players could soon become international fugitives! :D

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 04, 2011, 03:54:26 AM
Just America. Then again, it's a law about the internet, so who the EFF knows. Legally, America technically owns the internet and can (and has tried before to put THIS into law) in theory turn the whole dang thing off.

So, like I said, who the EFF knows? Let's Players could soon become international fugitives! :D
How the hell can you turn the intenet off? It's not run by any one system. There's a crap load of service providers and servers out there and you can't just "Turn the whole thing off" can you?

TheGameNinja

I don't know how they'd go about doing it, but there was a bill that was in Congress that would give the President an "internet kill switch." And I doubt they would even propose giving this option to the leader of the country unless they knew it worked. I don't know how it would work, but I really don't think they'd propose such a thing without knowing they could do it.

Then again, I guess it is possible it was drafted by a bunch of old farts that don't know nuthin bout that series o' tubes.

Tanassy

I find it hard to believe that given the internet has no beginning or end, it can be controlled by any one "switch".

I mean, it may be possible if EVERY SINGLE PROVIDER in the world agrees, but you know that ain't happening.

SmashFinale

Doubtful that the government can do it anyways

and then Echidna Power says...

Hakudamashi

Who thinks this is a good idea anyway?
This will obviously be opposed
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay