Main Menu

Writers Needed!

Started by Gilly, November 07, 2011, 05:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilly

WRITERS NEEDED!
I am looking for bright individuals interested in writing articles for SONIC ZONE NEWS, the new section of SONIC ZONE that will be focused on Sonic (obviously), and related news. I am looking for at least 5 people to be official writing staff. I plan eventually make SONIC ZONE an official competitor to TSSZ. My goal is to make the site be the source people turn to for Sonic News. Leave me a PM, or reply below if you are interested in contributing!

** WRITERS MUST BE VERY GOOD WITH SPELLING AND GRAMMAR, AND BE ACTIVE CONTRIBUTORS. YOU WILL NEED TO USE A SIMILAR TEMPLATE FOR ALL OF YOUR NEWS ARTICLES AND CITE SOURCES YOU USE FROM OTHER SITES. YOUR ARTICLES MUST NOT BE DIRECT COPIES OF OTHER ARTICLES, AND MUST HAVE YOUR OWN CREATIVE WRITTEN CONTENT.

GOAL: At Least 1 article per week, per writer

CONFIRMED WRITERS:
1. Stachekip
2. Chris Silvano
3. Kona-Chan

jkid101094

Eh, is this full time? I supposedly write good but my spell and grammar are atrocious. I might consider it if I could join and quit whenever I felt like it but full time isn't for me, sorry.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Skyle369

Well this is interesting, I could help and all but I have no idea what topics should I focus on.

Darkyellowz

I could sign up, but as Jkid said.
Quote from: jkid101094 on November 07, 2011, 06:22:59 PM
Eh, is this full time? I might consider it if I could join and quit whenever I felt like it but full time isn't for me, sorry.
If that was optional, I think you would get many people at once.
So, consider that option, John, and LOADS of people will sign up to be apart of this.

PSNGigoByte

Just a question, John.

Is the 'news' section going to be incorporated within the forum under it's own topic/heading, or is it going to be within a new part of the website itself?

Iwillbenapo

I don't think it's a good idea for me to join. I mean, I'm good at this stuff, but my time with the forum isn't really that great.

I mean, if you really want to, despite my constant long absences, I'll join.
Napo.

Gilly

Quote from: PSNGigoByte on November 08, 2011, 12:03:28 AM
Just a question, John.

Is the 'news' section going to be incorporated within the forum under it's own topic/heading, or is it going to be within a new part of the website itself?

For now it'll just be topics under the Sonic News board

EchidnaPower

Hello! xD You've got a fanfiction writer right here on the site! 900+ reviews and bordering on 1000! The only thing I wanna ask is this: Are articles allowed to have a certain amount of personal opinion thrown in?

I love Jesus! Do you?

jkid101094

Quote from: EchidnaPower on November 08, 2011, 03:49:00 AM
Hello! xD You've got a fanfiction writer right here on the site! 900+ reviews and bordering on 1000! The only thing I wanna ask is this: Are articles allowed to have a certain amount of personal opinion thrown in?
All articles are a bit biased.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I might be interested, though I'm not sure I'd have many sources. I can write, but I'm not really that plugged into Sonic news sites.

Gilly

Quote from: TheGameNinja on November 08, 2011, 04:01:36 AM
I might be interested, though I'm not sure I'd have many sources. I can write, but I'm not really that plugged into Sonic news sites.

All I mean by that is if you copy a paragraph word-for-word or something to cite which site(s) you got it from. Other than that, you can use whatever you find to write about.

Quote from: EchidnaPower on November 08, 2011, 03:49:00 AM

Yes, you may throw in personal opinions but make sure if it's something with 2 sides that you at least mention the other side of it.

Supersonic196

I can definitely do this.

I have a question though, would all the articles need to be Sonic related once we get our news page up? If so, I'm pretty sure that everyone already knows about TSSZ... Although, we could put our own spin on it.

I'd definitely like to expand our reader's horizons with other games

Gilly

Quote from: supersonic196 on November 08, 2011, 09:16:11 AM
I can definitely do this.

I have a question though, would all the articles need to be Sonic related once we get our news page up? If so, I'm pretty sure that everyone already knows about TSSZ... Although, we could put our own spin on it.

I'd definitely like to expand our reader's horizons with other games
You can post articles about any subject you want as of even now, but I am looking for an official staff of Sonic News writers

Super Sonic Boom

Very Interesting! I consider doing this - it's high time we have the news straight from us!
I'd be ineterested in doing this.

dreamcasthime

I definitely want to do this, if there is anything I'm good at, it's keeping up with current and up-to-date news. John, I know this would be perfect for me. Plus, I have tons of free time and college graduate level literature and grammar knowledge.

sonicwolfsdutch

oohh i cant do that sorry but it seems interesting dho