Ask jkid Anything You Want. ANYTHING.

Started by jkid101094, October 13, 2011, 05:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

What games do you even play on Irene?

jkid101094

She can still run Skyrim quite fine, but I prefer consoles for my gaming experience.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

It still blows my mind that your old hunk-of-junk can somehow run Skyrim.

If Pokken Tournament comes to NA would you drag your lazy butt over to an arcade to play it?

Elija2

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 03, 2015, 11:48:08 AM
It still blows my mind that your old hunk-of-junk can somehow run Skyrim.
Found out recently that she could run Fallout: New Vegas perfectly fine as well. I know they use the same engine but considering how poorly optimized they are that's quite a feat.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 03, 2015, 11:48:08 AM
If Pokken Tournament comes to NA would you drag your lazy butt over to an arcade to play it?
I'd most likely just wait for the inevitable Wii U port.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 05, 2015, 07:54:38 PM
What's your favourite indie game?
Indie as in Braid or...?
I hate "artsy" games with a passion so I tend to despise most indie games but if I had to choose I'd say Shantae: Risky's Revenge. If that doesn't count then I don't even know.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 08, 2015, 02:27:34 PM
What's your favourite game from this year so far?
I don't think I've played any games that have released this year, aside from Dragonball Xenoverse so...that?

Quote from: Elija2 on July 10, 2015, 02:48:28 PM
How many questions am I gonna have to ask in a row before you start answering them?
There is no finite amount. You'll wait until my headache stops enough for me to tolerate answering your questions.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 10, 2015, 04:50:41 PM
Will you hug me?
If I could reach my arms through the computer then yes.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 10, 2015, 07:40:46 PM
Will you hug me?
No. Get your mom to do it.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 14, 2015, 07:21:53 AM
Are you gonna get the new Palutena amiibo?
Maybe, but I'm not a big Palutena fan. R.O.B. is highest on my priority list right now with Zero Suit Samus and Mewtwo coming right after.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 14, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
Well damn, missed opportunity to buy the Ultimate Edition during the Steam Summer Sale and install a bunch of sweet mods.
That's fine because I have a pirated version to play until I can afford the retail version. Not to mention I still need to get the Ultimate Edition for PS3 so I can use my main files anyway.

The hell? Since when are most indie games artsy-fartsy? Sure, some of them are like that but it's not like they're the majority or even the only ones that are popular.
They were incredibly big and it was during that time I got turned off to them. Couldn't care less for most releases these days. It's either an "art" game or it's pixel shits.

Huh, I never took you for a big R.O.B. fan.
I've loved R.O.B. for years. Where have you been?

So, what have you been up to lately?
Sleeping. Doing birthday things for the sister. Nothing much.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 14, 2015, 11:00:17 PM
And the fact that you categorize indie games as either art games or pixel games shows how much you know about indie scene.
Well there you go. We've established that I don't care enough to learn about the Indie scene, which answers your original question.

Ooh, it's your sister's birthday soon? Tell her I said happy birthday.
Her birthday was the 13th but thank you anyway. I'll pass on the message.

Do you think Nintendo should make an Iwata Amiibo?
As much as I love Amiibo I think the man deserves more than just that. Besides, I can't imagine people buying mass produced Iwata Amiibo. Give him and Mr. Yamauchi wax statues in the Nintendo World store or something. Amiibo are popular right now, but that popularity will die like every fad before them. Iwata deserves something that will last forever.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 14, 2015, 11:20:13 PM
I think the video games he worked on will last forever, but a statue would be nice. But then again Yamauchi didn't even get a statue and he was the one who lead Nintendo through their best years so I doubt that Iwata would get one.
It bothers the hell out of me. Here you have people who, through your name, have helped shape modern culture and you're just going to let their memories die to everyone but your most loyal fans? If you want my opinion Iwata should have been like Bill Gates where everyone and their mother recognizes the name. Instead he's going to fade away and the only people who'll remember him will be those of us who went out of our way to learn who he was.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 14, 2015, 11:20:13 PM
Have you ever played any of those Burger King Xbox games?
Owned? Yes. Played? Haha, no.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 14, 2015, 11:36:27 PM
Not every influential person is a household name and not every influential person has to be.
I never said they had to be because they don't. I'm saying they deserve to be.
Everyone knows who Walt Disney is and just as many can recognize Mickey Mouse, yet, a survey conducted in the early 2000s saw that more children could recognize Mario than Mickey. If you ask your average joe who Mario is I bet you they could tell you. If you ask them who Mickey is they'd tell you just as easily; but if you ask them who made those characters what they are? Sure, we gamers would say Masahiro Sakurai, but we'd be the only ones. I feel like Yamauchi, Iwata and Miyamoto (among others) deserve more than that.

People still remember Gunpei Yokoi. Maybe not your average person, but he's still remembered.
People don't remember Gunpei Yokoi. Gamers remember Gunpei Yokoi. This young industry that has become a household standard held up to mediums that have had years of advancements before it will be remembered until the last human being dies, but the important people that shaped it into what it is today are going to be lost to history and that's something that bothers me.

And why haven't you at least tried the BK games?
I don't have an Xbox.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Well if I could own an arcade cabinet with any game on it it'd have to be one of my own...that or one of those cool cabinets they have at the dentist that has like...30 classic games on it.

But if I have to choose a single game that already has a cabinet I'd have to go with either Pac-Man or Marvel vs. Capcom 2. The former because it's the ultimate boredom killer and the later because of those sweet, sweet childhood memories.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

You've asked me this before and my answer is still no.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Would you buy multiple versions of games you love if you could?
Like, owning the Wii U and 3DS versions of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 16, 2015, 04:13:52 AM
Would you buy multiple versions of games you love if you could?
Like, owning the Wii U and 3DS versions of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.
Depends on how much I support the series and what systems I'm buying them on. I want the GoTY Edittion of New Vegas for PS3 (to play it) and PC (to mod it), for example.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.