US Supreme Court recognizes video games as protected speech

Started by xSalashawty, June 27, 2011, 08:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSalashawty

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011/06/supreme-court-ruling-could-affect-video-game-industry
:discussion:

Okay. THIS IS POINTLESS. It's the parents fault for letting the kids buying the game. Besides, kids aren't dumbasses. The politics don't realize how kids really do act. Us kids know not to shoot people for no reason and that pissing on people..my god. Why the fuck would they do that anyways x3. Besides, cencorship..pointlessism. We will all learn it sooner or later..soo ya.

:Disscuss:

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Super Sonic Boom

Huge gap in Mature games by the way on Steam, unless it is just because I am of age to buy them - anyone on Steam being at least 13 - remembering people also create Steams before 13 can buy mature games over the distribution platform.

I was able to buy Left For Dead 2 and Garry's Mod (both M games) without any age verification questions except maybe my birthday on my purchase (which anyone can lie about).

TheGameNinja

This law would not have only affected M-rated games. It would have applied to ANY game the state decided was "violent." Smash Bros., Portal, or even Wario Ware could have qualified.

Anyway, the Supreme Court has once and for all settled things. Video games are officially now and forever protected as free speech under the First Amendment of the US Constitution. This also renders the de facto result of video games being recognized as an art form.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 27, 2011, 12:16:47 PM
This law would not have only affected M-rated games. It would have applied to ANY game the state decided was "violent." Smash Bros., Portal, or even Wario Ware could have qualified.

Anyway, the Supreme Court has once and for all settled things. Video games are officially now and forever protected as free speech under the First Amendment of the US Constitution. This also renders the de facto result of video games being recognized as an art form.

Awww yeah!

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.