Wii U

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 21, 2011, 12:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 07, 2013, 08:58:21 AM
How's the user interace? In terms of how fast things load and how is it just poking through the menus n' shit?

It's basically Wii in HD when it comes to Home Menu and such, but Settings, and all web-based apps are  streamlined as well. each screen is used well, everything is large and clear even in HD (Sometimes HD makes text too small, this is not the case here). The loading times used to be ass but the recent system update made everything about 400% better in that regard.

As for the D-pad.. well it's a Nintendo D-pad. It's squareish, but it has nice feel to it. in 2D games, it's much better than the stick, it even has a perfect depth, as with all of the gamepad's buttons, they're super easy to press. No need to buy a pro controller for something like that unless the overall width of it is getting in the way. It's MUCH better than on the 3DS at least in my perfectly honest opinion.

If you want to know how good games look in general.. well, some of them seem to be very bloomed up, and you might not be used to FXAA-Blur, especially on the gamepad's downscaling. But to be fair, it usually looks better than the competition, especially with some games running at a higher resolution. and overall, even playing games solely on the gamepad is no disadvantage. perhaps it's even an advantage in some games.
The only reason not to buy a Wii-U game over a competing console's (360 mostly) version is the sometimes-poor-framerate. But considering the PS3 is the worst in the framerate department in nowaday's games, that's a nonissue for your eyes.. well at least I'd assume so. It applies only to select games you probably don't care about anyway.

matter of fact, the only game I've personally played with a noticable FPS problem was ASR, and only during a very select few 1~5 second segments of very specific tracks, and not once did I feel any control-lag, so it's all good.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 29, 2013, 06:16:24 AM
useful words
Awesome.
One last question, do the analog triggers matter at all?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Well... Maybe if you play racing games. Or hope to see a Super Mario Sunshine sequel. Then it matters, yes.

Otherwise........ No.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

To clarify, when I say "Racing Games" I mean proper ones. S&ASRT is amazing on the gamepad.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 16, 2013, 09:03:52 AM
When you say "proper"...

Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, etc. - Take your pick.
But its not like there even is one on Wii U as of now.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 16, 2013, 09:11:44 AM
Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, etc. - Take your pick.
You mean "Racing Simulators"?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 16, 2013, 01:11:58 PM
yeah
Those are extremely boring to me.
If i wanted to simulate real life I'll just live it instead of playing a game.
And btw Project Cars is coming anyways so who cares?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 17, 2013, 01:32:35 AM
Those are extremely boring to me.
And btw Project Cars is coming anyways so who cares?

Aha
I'd like to see you curising around at 200kph around Silverstone with a McLaren.

And Project Cars is the exact same category.

SmashFinale

I know Project Cars is the same category. That's why i mentioned it.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 17, 2013, 01:32:35 AM
You can professionally drive racing cars?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2013, 01:19:04 PM
You can professionally drive racing cars?
I could try doing it illegally.

Tanassy

I don't mean racing simulators no... I mean any racing or driving game involving real cars, proper acceleration, braking and other semi proper physics for racing. That could mean anything between Gran Turismo to Burnout.

At this point I think the only one would be Most Wanted U... to my knowledge, that's actually very playable. so maybe I'm wrong about the triggers, they could just be a luxury.