Wii U

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 21, 2011, 12:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

DISCUSS!

Elija2

Wii U more like PEE U!!! *laughter and applause*

jkid101094

I'm personally excited about this...but what I'm more excited about is Smash 4. I can't wait! o3o

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Gilly

I dislike Nintendo more and more every new console they release

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: John Gillis on June 21, 2011, 02:01:53 PM
I dislike Nintendo more and more every new console they release

Whats wrong with the Wii U, aside from beeing 5 years late?

Elija2

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on June 21, 2011, 02:04:52 PM
Whats wrong with the Wii U, aside from beeing 5 years late?

The controller looks like Steve Jobs' Etch-a-Sketch.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on June 21, 2011, 02:07:48 PM
The controller looks like Steve Jobs' Etch-a-Sketch.
Yep. I agree full-fledged with that
im gonna wait on more discussion from this forum before i start dissing all three companies and SmashFinale4.

but the etch a sketch comment is correct though

Tanassy

I think Nintendo are on the right track. Backwards compatible AND powerful? Damn, boy.

Hakudamashi

I read on gametrailers that the console only uses one controller
Online is nice n' all, but y do you need to sacrifice local multiplayer for it?
They're like training us to be asocial...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on June 21, 2011, 06:04:40 PM
I read on gametrailers that the console only uses one controller

At present, Nintendo has no plans for first-party games that will support more than one Wii U controller. They could change their mind in the future. Other companies could release third-party games that support more than one. But, I think it could get really confusing, at least based on the games I've seen running on the machine.

Wii controllers are compatible with the system, though, and will be supported by Wii U games. So there's always that.

Tanassy

i don't think the console would be quite powerful enough to stream to more than one Controller AND the TV, but I might be wrong. Wiimotes will definitely be an option.

Unhappy

Aint this the way the PS3 was spost to come out, with the PSP being the controler??? I think its kool, but they should figure out how to make the 3DS work as the controler (like a phone app), then it would be a masterpiece...

eXtremeAzure

The Wii you has some really great looks. It looks like a hyped-up version of the original Wii. Which is good. :D. I guess its a good thing that it's also backwards compatible with original Wii games (although graphics will most likely stay the same). It's also an awesome idea to have the controller be like a second screen, that's defenitley gonna come in handy.  ;D

jkid101094

My only real gripe (that I can recall at the moment) is that there's no Gamecube compatibility. NOTHING. No controllers, no games, no memory cards. Damnit, Nintendo. I wanted you to FIX the backwards compatibility issues the Wii had. Not remove them altogether! D<

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Where's the N64 backwards compatibility? Come on Nintendo, don't be lazy.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on June 22, 2011, 10:50:29 AM
Where's the N64 backwards compatibility? Come on Nintendo, don't be lazy.
It's called the virtual console. At least Gamecube games could fit in the fucking machine. :P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 22, 2011, 10:04:04 AM
My only real gripe (that I can recall at the moment) is that there's no Gamecube compatibility. NOTHING. No controllers, no games, no memory cards. Damnit, Nintendo. I wanted you to FIX the backwards compatibility issues the Wii had. Not remove them altogether! D<

Its the new games that matter, not the old ones.

Also, the old Controllers would be Useless just like the LOLMEMORYCARD.

jkid101094

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on June 22, 2011, 10:57:09 AM
Its the new games that matter, not the old ones.

Also, the old Controllers would be Useless just like the LOLMEMORYCARD.
Well, I'm still a little ticked about the fact that the Wii always reads my game saves as corrupted when I play when I can see them fine from the Memcard screen...And Smash just won't be the same without my GCN remote...

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 22, 2011, 10:04:04 AM
Games are understandable. Controllers are fairly possible. Memory cards are out of the question.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana~ on June 22, 2011, 02:43:08 PM
Games are understandable. Controllers are fairly possible. Memory cards are out of the question.
Then do like the PS3 does. Allow us to create a virtual memory card where we can transfer data from our Gamecube memory cards to the WiiU.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

eXtremeAzure

The only real problem I have with this  is the name. I mean like c'mon. Nintendo has had some good names in the past, all of which made sense but seriously, Wii U? It sounds worse than PS Vita. But either way. This system looks like it could be a win although the release price isn't gonna agree with a lot of people. But other than that, I'm actually looking forward to this system.

TheGameNinja

I hate the name. They should have just gone all in and called it the Wii 2 or the Wii +. I'd hate that too, but it's basically what this thing is.

They're keeping the Wii name because the Wii sold like crazy and the second this thing hits shelves it's going to sell like crazy too because it's the "new Wii," which makes it the fashionable new toy for people who never play video games to buy. They'll play whatever game comes with it and never even think of buying another game.

And as long as Nintendo plays into those people's hands, they will suffer for it in the long run.

Don't get me wrong. I'm going to buy it. I'll probably love it. But not for the reasons that most of the people that buy it are going to love it for. In fact, they might hate it! I just now thought of that... this thing is placing a bigger focus on single player... only one new controller per system (so far)... none of the people buying this thing as a toy will like that at all. Maybe this whole pandering to the non-gamer trend will start dying out. :D

eXtremeAzure

The entire reason why they called it the WII, was to attract different types of people. Gamers and non-gamers alike. Although it wasn't entirely a non-gamer system. It had it's gaming titles, and pretty good ones at that. It wasn't HD, big woof. A lot of games had some seriously great graphics and still played very smooth. The WII was made for people to have fun and get active. It wasn't entirely made like the PS3/360 (or any other console for that matter) to just sit down with the controller in your hands, eyes blood red, staring at a TV screen for hours-on-end.

If people think of the WII as a toy, let em think, I personally couldn't care less since that's their opinion, and this is mine. Can't expect everyone to love it.  :-\ But even so, this entire NON-GAMER trend, isn't bad at all. I happen to like the Wii's party games which were meant to be played with other people, and not just by yourself. Heck, it may not be very powerful but I still love the WII none-the-less. Yeah I'm a hardcore gamer. Yes I don't mind firing up my laptop to play some COD2, NFS:Undercover and Most Wanted, Portal 2, Burnout Paradise, and many other gaming titles that were meant for single player only.

But I still happen to like Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Just Dance, Wii Play Motion, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and many other COOP-oriented games. I never complain. I love em all. Heck, I'm even excited about the brand new game which I'm gonna kill come next year, Go Vacation. It looks 10x more interesting than Wii Sports Resort, but hey, I love it anyway. I've been a gamer ever from since I was able to pick up controller. Even though the WII has a lot of NON-GAMER titles, it's still one epic system. So, TGN, this NON-GAMER trend, isn't a bad thing at all, but why do you make it sound so horrible and pathetic?

shadowDOESrock

Just Dance?
Really?

Go get some DDR.

TheGameNinja

I don't mind games like that existing. There have always been games like that and there will always be games like that. From Pong to that Kinect Disneyland game. I've played them. I own a few. Most are awful, but the decent ones are fine.

The problem is that it seems like 80% of everything on the Wii fits in that category and most of it's crap. And, yeah, I know, there are good games on it. I have good Wii games. I like them.

As for it not being HD, that is a problem. It may not matter to some people, but it does to others. Not only that, but it's old tech. The Wii was basically obsolete when it came out. This new machine is everything the original should have been from the beginning. Nintendo knows it and both Microsoft and Sony know it. Neither of them are going to be releasing new consoles to compete with it because this is Nintendo catching up to them.

Oh, and the non-gamer trend is killing the industry. The Kinect has AMAZING potential... but Microsoft is using it for games aimed at non-gamers. I have not heard of a single Kinect game being good yet. It's not just Nintendo I'm disappointed with. Every one of the Big 3 has been pushing it. At least Sony has eased off the Move a bit.

And here is why the non-gamer trend is so bad. Right now, the non-gaming general public thinks of the following when they think of video games: Mario (no specific game, just Mario), Wii (again, no specific game, but they probably mean something like Wii Sports), and "murder simulators" (GTA, any shooter, etc.). And they would NEVER entertain the notion of video games being art. To them, games are toys that are meant for children and hip parties where everyone laughs while they make weird poses in front of the TV. And the Wii embraced that notion. It got a lot of people that never play games to buy it. And this system cemented that way of thinking into the minds of these people. The media FREAKED OUT when Madworld came out because it was on the Wii and that must mean it's for kids! It's not a party game, so it must be for the only other people that play games, children! Even though it was rated M. And none of the marketing was aimed at children.

Anyway, I'm not saying those kinds of games are always bad and I'm not saying no one should play them. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be what the console forms it's base around. Those kinds of games should be used to bring non-gamers INTO gaming, not to make those people think that that IS gaming.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 23, 2011, 07:15:35 PM
I have not heard of a single Kinect game being good yet.

Forza 4
Fable: The Journey
Ghost Recon: Future Soilder
Dance Central (?- apprantly people love it)

Forza 4 & Ghost Recon look extrodenary with Kinect.

TheGameNinja

Other than Dance Central, those aren't out yet. ;)

Mass Effect 3 is going to be great and it uses Kinect a little, and the little it uses it looks to be just right. If I have Kinect by the time it comes out, I'll use it.

Tanassy

I like the name. It's catchy, it really brings two different sides of gaming together in an easy recognizable way. The fact it is essentially and upgraded Wii brings about more good than bad, and the non-gamer trend really isn't that overwhelming. Think of the sheer amount of games coming out at the end of this year and early next. Most of those are complete gamer-nerdgasms. Think of the sheer amount of third-party Wii-U support already, and remember that third party preview? The first thing on it was  Darksiders 2, then it went on to show a whole bunch of things completely gamer-oriented. Some even multiplayer. Don't go saying this is no compliment to gamers as much as it is to non-gamers. Nintendo makes a place for both. And while multiplayer has lost a bit of focus it stands that nintendo know it's really a lasting thing. All of those first party demos SPECIFICALLY showed off multiplayer functions, and who's to say Nintendo are the only ones? Think about it. Your points are valid, but only to a degree. Nintendo is complimenting the Wii, and complimenting the industry. They live off innovation, and they've done it again. But they're not killing off the whole idea behind video gaming and gamers themselves. Do you really think Nintendo would go down just like that? Manic has a point when he says how good the original Wii is as a console and while you saying it's outdated is not far from the truth it is also.. very far from the truth. And yes it had a craptonne of crap titles, we all know. But can you blame it on them? Blame it on the shitty developers who made those shovelware games for money because they knew parents had plenty of money to spend.  Okay, I'm going around in circles here but let's just say I think this is a very good idea and I DON'T think the industry is dying. This year has proved the total opposite of that, you really have to look at the bigger picture.

Also, I believe this is a Wii U topic, not a Kinect topic. Please take that discussion elsewhere.

TheGameNinja

I get that this console is going to be more focused on what most gamers would like to see in a game console. I guess it's just that I was expecting a bigger change from the Wii to... this. Before the official announcement at E3, Nintendo had said that this would not be a new Wii. And, yeah, I guess they didn't technically lie, it's not a new version of the Wii. But it is basically, like I said, Wii 2 or Wii+. I understand the name choice. I keeps the profit-oozing Wii name and at the same time suggests a more single-player focus.

The developers are, of course, mostly to blame for the Wii's mountain of bad games, but Nintendo encouraged it. Even if they didn't meant to, the system as a whole really leads itself to being easily exploited that way. I remember back when all games on a Nintendo console had "The Official Nintendo Seal of Quality," while if you'll notice that emblem today, it is just the "Official Nintendo Seal." I just feel like Nintendo let games like that be made because they new they'd make a butt-load of cash off it. And they did. And now that sales are drying up, they're releasing a new one.

And I meant that the non-gamer focus in general is what's killing the industry, not just Nintendo's actions but everyone that's doing it. That's why I mentioned Kinect's problems.

Oh, and several of the trailers they showed for upcoming Wii u games weren't running on the Wii U. They just showed video of the 360/PS3 versions.

Tanassy

I have noticed the whole "Seal of quality" thing myself too.. but I suppose that's just been brought down.

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 24, 2011, 10:24:18 AM
Oh, and several of the trailers they showed for upcoming Wii u games weren't running on the Wii U. They just showed video of the 360/PS3 versions.
So what if they showed those versions? We know the Wii U is capable of things like that and even more, I've seen alot of their post-E3 meet ups and those games look amazing. (Even if the textures take a little while to load.. haha)

sonicfan300

i think that the Wii U is going to be better and than the PS3/360

TheGameNinja

Nope. If only for the fact that it won't be able to play Blu-ray movies despite the fact that it's games will be on BDs. It will have other features that will make it arguably better or worse than other consoles. No one console is better or worse than another because they shouldn't be compared in that way unless there is a reason to compare them that way.

You can compare the Wii to the Wii U and decide if it's an improvement or not. You can compare the Genesis and the SNES because they were, at the time, in DIRECT competition with one another. Those kind of arguments are rarely relevant today.

Now if you want to say which console does certain things better or worse, that's different. Graphical capabilities and internet connectivity or online experience can vary extremely from console to console.

sonicfan300

i know but the Wii U is cooler than the PS3 OR 360 :P

All_Hail_Shadow42

hmm i thought it would ook more like the wii but hopefully it will be worth buying...

Unhappy

farda12

I think it is awesome

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tana~ on August 10, 2011, 12:40:30 PM
Wii U.. Supports possibly more than one controller.  Well. According to a rep.
That's all well and good, but will the Wii U controllers be sold separately? So I won't have to buy a 2nd console to get a 2nd controller
Cause I normally have ppl over when I play multiplayer
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on August 10, 2011, 12:44:56 PM
That's all well and good, but will the Wii U controllers be sold separately? So I won't have to buy a 2nd console to get a 2nd controller
Cause I normally have ppl over when I play multiplayer
Well that's a given...

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

You sure got the deep end of the price range.

shadowDOESrock

Be ready to poop in your pants..
Level 5
Professor Layton Chronicles

Activision
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete
GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
World of Warcraft

Capcom
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops
Okamiden HD

Electronic Arts
Boom Blox Wii U
NFL Blitz Touchdown
Burnout: Rush Hour
Shank 2
Crysis

Gaijan Games
Bit Trip Runner 2

Namco Bandai
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Meteos
Pac-Man Battle Royal

Nexon
Dragon Nest

Nintendo
Big Brain University
Super Mario Strikers Unlimited
Fluidity: Toxic

Sabarasa
Protocol

SEGA
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Renegade Ops 2
Phantasy Star Online 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2

Spicy Horse
Big Head Bash

Square Enix
Demon's Score
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Telltale Games
The Walking Dead

Ubisoft
UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded
I Am Alive

Valve
DotA 2
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Note that this is a rumor, but the list seems to be legit enough.

Supersonic196

Tanassy

Tony Hawk Pro-Skater HD-Complete? What's that? Cuz I'm probably gonna be nostalgiajizzing all over it.

Also, crysis? Well, that's definitely a sign regarding hardware.

SmashFinale

World of Warcraft lolwut?

Okamiden HD Seems... unnecessary

Crysis How would this play out?

Super Mario Strikers Unlimited Fucking Finally....

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 No surprise there.

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on March 24, 2012, 09:37:49 AM
World of Warcraft lolwut?

I personally like the idea. No more intrusive HUD.. as long as it has addon support and isn't tied to the Nintendo Network.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 24, 2012, 11:29:05 AM
I personally like the idea. No more intrusive HUD.. as long as it has addon support and isn't tied to the Nintendo Network.
It's an Eshop game. Isn't the opposite rather inevitable?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 24, 2012, 11:30:48 AM
It's an Eshop game. Isn't the opposite rather inevitable?

It shouldn't be tied to a ''Nintendo network" account. It should be used with existing Battle.net accounts...

SmashFinale

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 24, 2012, 11:32:07 AM
It shouldn't be tied to a ''Nintendo network" account. It should be used with existing Battle.net accounts...
Who knows? Maybe they'll do something weird like that.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on March 24, 2012, 11:32:07 AM

the chances that they'll do that is slim.

as for Crysis, i'm pretty sure its the dumbed down CE3 Version they used for the 360.

Tanassy

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on March 24, 2012, 03:56:42 PM
the chances that they'll do that is slim.

as for Crysis, i'm pretty sure its the dumbed down CE3 Version they used for the 360.

And the PS3. And yes, it is. But I assume only because the original game had too many buttons to be mapped to a controller effectively.

shadowDOESrock

Ew, new start/select button position that you might press by mistake.

This was leaked by TT Games known for the Lego (Enter Franchise) Games.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 11:20:27 AM

This was leaked by TT Games known for the Lego (Enter Franchise) Games.
If you press those buttons by mistake you don't deserve to be a gamer. Did the Gameboy teach us nothing of finger positioning?

What concerns me the most is how high the joysticks are. Most people use their thumbs for joysticks so if you're playing...say...an FPS, you would have to hold your tablet upside down to effectively use your other 8 fingers.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 19, 2012, 11:28:12 AM
If you press those buttons by mistake you don't deserve to be a gamer. Did the Gameboy teach us nothing of finger positioning?

What concerns me the most is how high the joysticks are. Most people use their thumbs for joysticks so if you're playing...say...an FPS, you would have to hold your tablet upside down to effectively use your other 8 fingers.

It depends of the actual size of the thing. If its small and your entire hand can fit onto the side of the controller, if you play a quick game you might press that Start Button by mistake when trying to reach the Y Button.

Old Design:

What i also dont like is that the sticks are now 'normal' joysticks, not these 3DS-like joypads.
Might get unconfortable.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 11:43:38 AM
It depends of the actual size of the thing. If its small and your entire hand can fit onto the side of the controller, if you play a quick game you might press that Start Button by mistake when trying to reach the Y Button.

Old Design:

What i also dont like is that the sticks are now 'normal' joysticks, not these 3DS-like joypads.
Might get unconfortable.
I don't see any shoulder buttons on the new model, either. You sure the new picture is up to date?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 19, 2012, 11:57:22 AM
I don't see any shoulder buttons on the new model, either. You sure the new picture is up to date?

It was just leaked this today.

The shoulder buttons probably just arent visible from that position, they dont seem to be big anyway.

Supersonic196

Oh good, real analog sticks. I was a bit skeptical of the slide pads.

THIRD POWER!

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 11:20:27 AM
Better than having to stretch your fingers just to reach them.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 11:43:38 AM
Might get unconfortable.
Are you incapable of playing video games on every other system because it is uncomfortable?

Actually, it turns out this was an older design for the Wii U controller, as you can see here and here. The one shown at E3 last year is the new design.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 02:17:14 PM
Better than having to stretch your fingers just to reach them.
Are you incapable of playing video games on every other system because it is uncomfortable?

Actually, it turns out this was an older design for the Wii U controller, as you can see
The one shown at E3 last year is the new design.

Oh, thank gods. Effin Fags at TT Games.
But wait, why do they use an old version of the controller then? :l

And its not like you gotta press start/select quickly, you can easily take your hand off the stick to hit pause.

And it depends - the only time i wasnt capable of playing properly was on this... thing

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 03:14:47 PM
Oh, thank gods. Effin Fags at TT Games.
But wait, why do they use an old version of the controller then? :l

And its not like you gotta press start/select quickly, you can easily take your hand off the stick to hit pause.

And it depends - the only time i wasnt capable of playing properly was on this... thing

You... you have idea how fast i have to press start to stop a computer from creaming me in a fighting game do you?

and that controller looks pregnant.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 19, 2012, 04:00:21 PM
You... you have idea how fast i have to press start to stop a computer from creaming me in a fighting game do you?
...Then you just suck.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Actually it turns out that the "older" design may actually be the new version since it was leaked after E3 and people could have confused it for an older prototype. We'll find out soon enough.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 03:14:47 PM

Odd, I was 10 years old and still able to play with that beast.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 05:26:48 PM
Odd, I was 10 years old and still able to play with that beast.

Eh, good know there are people who actually liked that thing.
It was redesigned a few months after the release of the xbox, so i couldnt have been the only one.

Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 05:26:48 PM
Actually it turns out that the "older" design may actually be the new version since it was leaked after E3 and people could have confused it for an older prototype. We'll find out soon enough.

Dear god, i hope not.

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 19, 2012, 06:18:55 PM
Eh, good know there are people who actually liked that thing.
It was redesigned a few months after the release of the xbox, so i couldnt have been the only one.

I didn't particularly like it, but I managed with it until I got the redesign. The redesign was actually the japanese version of the controller, because Microsoft thought that japanese people have smaller hands and the rest of the world has goliath hands.
Looking at it now, it does look pretty rough. That d-pad looks terrible, the right thumbstick doesn't look comfortable, and the huge Xbox logo in the middle is just stupid. Those black and white buttons were always absolutely useless too.

jkid101094

The picture Kyo posted actually is the newer version, apparently.
Quote from: Elija2 on May 19, 2012, 02:17:14 PM
Actually, it turns out this was an older design for the Wii U controller, as you can see here.
The one shown at E3 last year is the new design.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38023781&postcount=208

Quote from: JordanActually, its the reverse.
The first one is the original patent yes, however the second is the design used while the patents were still going through most countries legal systems.

So the design went from analog -> slider (filler for legal) -> analog

That's how that rumor goes along. However this is a dev kit model of the controller for TT games. Meaning it is truly much older than May 19th. However if Nintendo truly wanted analog designed games and were confident that their patent would go through successfully, why would they give their early adopters filler tech?

Also another slightly relevant rumor. Square Enix is supposedly updating the console Kingdom Hearts games and porting them to Wii U along with 382 days or whatever that one game was.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 01, 2012, 08:35:54 AM
The picture Kyo posted actually is the newer version, apparently.

Indeed, just as I said three posts above yours.

Hakudamashi

I just saw the pre E3 conference about the Wii U, I am now legitimately excited.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Supersonic196

Quote from: windlessusher on June 03, 2012, 12:15:08 PM
I just saw the pre E3 conference about the Wii U, I am now legitimately excited.
I was already excited, but those 20 seconds of Mario gameplay pushed me over the top.
The social network thing looks pretty neat too.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Supersonic196 on June 03, 2012, 12:19:17 PM
I was already excited, but those 20 seconds of Mario gameplay pushed me over the top.
The social network thing looks pretty neat too.
As long as they don't pull any of crap that the next Xbox or Playstation may be doing, then I'm pretty much sold.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Looks like Nintendo is finally embracing proper online capabilities, what with the absence of friend codes and every Wii U game being downloadable.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the social networking thing though. I hope you can turn it off. I don't need to see everyone's comments every time I die in a game.

Hakudamashi

I'm happy their imputing all this new sh*t into the 3DS as well. It's funny, I used to have buyer's remorse for the thing, now I use it every day... funny how that works.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on June 03, 2012, 01:53:48 PM
I'm happy their imputing all this new sh*t into the 3DS as well. It's funny, I used to have buyer's remorse for the thing, now I use it every day... funny how that works.
You fickle son of a bitch xD

jkid101094

I haven't watched the entire thing but...joy sticks like the Gamecube controller, my God...

...Not that I have a problem with the sticks in general, but you guys already know I'm a weird motherfucker. I have a really bad habit of chewing on joy sticks. >.> <.<

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

So jkid, how does the controller feel?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

OK. I haven't really noticed a different between it and any other controller thus far and Monster Hunter plays really well on it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

How doe the Wii U d-pad feel in comparison to the 3DS d-pad l?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 06, 2013, 12:57:29 PM
How doe the Wii U d-pad feel in comparison to the 3DS d-pad l?
I honestly can't say. I've only played two Wii U games and neither one has used it for anything.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 06, 2013, 02:09:59 PM
I honestly can't say. I've only played two Wii U games and neither one has used it for anything.
Well, how does it feel? I need to know if I can play my fighting games reliabley.
I can't with the 3DS d-pad, but I find the Vita d-pad to work wonders... except Blazblue...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on April 06, 2013, 02:40:46 PM
Well, how does it feel? I need to know if I can play my fighting games reliabley.
I can't with the 3DS d-pad, but I find the Vita d-pad to work wonders... except Blazblue...
Really? I think the 3DS D-Pad is heaven. Then again, i have only played SSIV3D and Generations with it.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 06, 2013, 04:25:01 PM
Really? I think the 3DS D-Pad is heaven. Then again, i have only played SSIV3D and Generations with it.
How fat are your hands?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

To me the Wii U gamepad seems like it would be difficult to play fighting games with. I'm a control stick user though so it wouldn't bother me.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 06, 2013, 04:29:22 PM
To me the Wii U gamepad seems like it would be difficult to play fighting games with. I'm a control stick user though so it wouldn't bother me.
If you're saying I can't reliably play my fighting games, that cripples it's value for me...

Well how pretty do the games look? Cause this Vita and PS3 have clearly shown me that Youtube makes games look like garbage in comparison due to its compression bullshit.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

All... the two fighting games on the platform.
Anyway, you can always get the Wii U Pro Controller and bundles (that arent Nintendo Land) usually come with one as well.

Hakudamashi

Yup, gotta spend extra moneys to play games properly...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 06, 2013, 05:20:13 PM
If you're saying I can't reliably play my fighting games, that cripples it's value for me...

Well how pretty do the games look? Cause this Vita and PS3 have clearly shown me that Youtube makes games look like garbage in comparison due to its compression bullshit.
I don't have an HD TV but the games still look really good, I suppose. Nintendo Land is really pretty on the Gamepad~

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

How's the user interace? In terms of how fast things load and how is it just poking through the menus n' shit?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on April 07, 2013, 08:58:21 AM
How's the user interace? In terms of how fast things load and how is it just poking through the menus n' shit?

It's basically Wii in HD when it comes to Home Menu and such, but Settings, and all web-based apps are  streamlined as well. each screen is used well, everything is large and clear even in HD (Sometimes HD makes text too small, this is not the case here). The loading times used to be ass but the recent system update made everything about 400% better in that regard.

As for the D-pad.. well it's a Nintendo D-pad. It's squareish, but it has nice feel to it. in 2D games, it's much better than the stick, it even has a perfect depth, as with all of the gamepad's buttons, they're super easy to press. No need to buy a pro controller for something like that unless the overall width of it is getting in the way. It's MUCH better than on the 3DS at least in my perfectly honest opinion.

If you want to know how good games look in general.. well, some of them seem to be very bloomed up, and you might not be used to FXAA-Blur, especially on the gamepad's downscaling. But to be fair, it usually looks better than the competition, especially with some games running at a higher resolution. and overall, even playing games solely on the gamepad is no disadvantage. perhaps it's even an advantage in some games.
The only reason not to buy a Wii-U game over a competing console's (360 mostly) version is the sometimes-poor-framerate. But considering the PS3 is the worst in the framerate department in nowaday's games, that's a nonissue for your eyes.. well at least I'd assume so. It applies only to select games you probably don't care about anyway.

matter of fact, the only game I've personally played with a noticable FPS problem was ASR, and only during a very select few 1~5 second segments of very specific tracks, and not once did I feel any control-lag, so it's all good.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 29, 2013, 06:16:24 AM
useful words
Awesome.
One last question, do the analog triggers matter at all?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Well... Maybe if you play racing games. Or hope to see a Super Mario Sunshine sequel. Then it matters, yes.

Otherwise........ No.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

To clarify, when I say "Racing Games" I mean proper ones. S&ASRT is amazing on the gamepad.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 16, 2013, 09:03:52 AM
When you say "proper"...

Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, etc. - Take your pick.
But its not like there even is one on Wii U as of now.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 16, 2013, 09:11:44 AM
Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, etc. - Take your pick.
You mean "Racing Simulators"?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 16, 2013, 01:11:58 PM
yeah
Those are extremely boring to me.
If i wanted to simulate real life I'll just live it instead of playing a game.
And btw Project Cars is coming anyways so who cares?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 17, 2013, 01:32:35 AM
Those are extremely boring to me.
And btw Project Cars is coming anyways so who cares?

Aha
I'd like to see you curising around at 200kph around Silverstone with a McLaren.

And Project Cars is the exact same category.

SmashFinale

I know Project Cars is the same category. That's why i mentioned it.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 17, 2013, 01:32:35 AM
You can professionally drive racing cars?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on May 17, 2013, 01:19:04 PM
You can professionally drive racing cars?
I could try doing it illegally.

Tanassy

I don't mean racing simulators no... I mean any racing or driving game involving real cars, proper acceleration, braking and other semi proper physics for racing. That could mean anything between Gran Turismo to Burnout.

At this point I think the only one would be Most Wanted U... to my knowledge, that's actually very playable. so maybe I'm wrong about the triggers, they could just be a luxury.

Hakudamashi

So I got my Wii U today, the name is still stupid.
Because of reasons I got this special bundle of a used black 32GB model which came with a Wiimote with wii motion plus and a nunchuck instead of Nintendoland. It was soo much cheaper than all the other options that if I were to buy Nintendoland right now it'd still be cheaper...

Didn't get a pro controller, but I did get to use it at the store to play Injustice. It was quite awkward at first, but after a few seconds, everything felt "right", so there's no worries where my fighting games are concerned.

This gamepad is surprisingly light @_@

The UI is quite enjoyable to go through, and the Miiverse is pleasant. The load times in between apps is tolerable for me and I appreciate it's ability to multi-task.

If there's one thing I'm pissy about, it's that whole "You can only play this demo _____ times"...

Overall, I've taken quite a liking to the console, and it is now my go-to device for Youtubing on a big screen.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay