196 rambles about things.

Started by Supersonic196, June 02, 2012, 09:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

I'm blasting off agaaaaaiiiiinnnnn.

See you all next week.

Supersonic196

GROUP RENTAL!!! YAAAAAYYYYno.

So anyways, this week some church rented out the entire campus to do their own thing on for a week, it's not like I was against this, and they seemed to be sweet people, but this week was absolutely brutal with the heat.

The thing is, I know like everyone at camp, so it's more like I'm working for my friends, something I'd do anyways, so the paycheck is more of an added bonus. This week that was not the case however.

Their counselors didn't control their kids at all, so the kids basically had free reign of the place, and the adults were only there to provide moral support. Most of the kids were well behaved, but some of them were just completely uncooperative, and that really sucked because I literally had no idea what they would do next, as we didn't get a schedule or anything.

Also there was this REALLY round man with a snow-white beard, with a really high pitched voice. He would just come walking into the kitchen during EVERY meal, and grab a salt shaker. Regardless of what we were having, or if they already had salt shakers at the tables. Pizza? Needs more salt. Pancakes? Not salty enough. Salt? Needs more iodine. He was a really nice guy though, so I was totally fine with it.

On Thursday we went over to our head Chef's house for game night, he's like 25, and just so happened to have picked up Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection for his PS3 on Wednesday. Everyone was impressed at my Sonic 3 run. Eventually that got old, so we played Smash Bros 64. I have never owned an N64. The controller was the most awkward thing in the world, and I was quite surprised with how terrible I was at a game that I expected to be quite good at. Next game night, I'm bringing my Gamecube and Melee.

Today was the worst. It got up to 102F, and the humidity was like inhaling thick mist all day long. Luckily the group had left Thursday morning, so today we just cleaned the kitchen. Every. Square. Inch.
It was the most exhausting thing I had done all summer. I'm just glad It's over.
We did (literally) throw out a fair amount of plates and mugs that we no longer need though. So that was fun. Until all the glass ran out and we had to back to cleaning. And also I missed the dumpster a few times. So I got to pick glass shards off the ground.

We have a night where we cosplay on Tuesday. One of my friends is dressing as me. So I need to find a shirt to loan her. Luckily I recently got new glasses, so I can give her my old frames, AND I have another identical bracelet to the one I always wear. It's like it was my destiny to have someone cosplay as me.

I'm here all Saturday. We should metaphorically hang out.