A possible ban for games:Boy Shot Parents Because They Took Video Games Away

Started by Hakudamashi, January 15, 2009, 01:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Yeah,I found this.....
Daniel Petric shot his parents because they wouldn't allow him to play the violent video game Halo 3, prosecutors told a judge at the boy's murder trial Monday.

The trial, on charges of murder and attempted murder, opened Monday for Petric, 17, of Brighton Township. He is being tried without a jury before Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty because of Petric's age.

In September 2007, Daniel, then 16, had sneaked out of his bedroom window to purchase the game at a store against his father's orders. When he returned home, his parents caught him with the game and took it from him. About a month later, Daniel used his father's key to open the lockbox and remove the gun and the game.

Mark Petric, who is a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, testified that before the shooting on Oct. 20, 2007, his then-16-year-old son came into the room with a question:

"Would you guys close your eyes," Daniel Petric asked. "I have a surprise for you."

Mark Petric said he expected a pleasant surprise. The next thing he knew, his head went numb. He had been shot in the head. Susan Petric, 43, died of gunshot wound to the head.

He said the next thing he remembers is his son shoving the gun in his hand and saying, "Hey Dad, here's your gun. Take it."

Mark Petric was allowed to visit his son in jail over the past year. He said his son has apologized. "Dad, I'm so sorry for what I did to Mom, to you and to the family," Daniel Petric said, according to his father. "I'm so glad you are alive."

"You're my son," Mark Petric responded. "You're my boy." Mark Petric said his son told him he could hardly live with the guilt over what he did.

Daniel Petric's lawyers also gave a short opening statement to the judge. They said their client had been under great stress because of a snowboarding accident that resulted in a severe staph infection.

After I read this tragic story, I speechless. I don't know what to say, is it society's fault, or else? Should we blame games? Some people said the core issue here is simply the gun; others said what really caused this was the kid's psychological problems, in the wrong state of mind anyone is capable of the unthinkable. That's indeed a very tragic story, but anyhow, the fact that the father can forgive his boy for what he had done is a strong testament to the power of both family and forgiveness.

Actual article ----->http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-12-16/20081216070338758.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT,now the media and OUR parents are gonna use this as a reason to BAN video games
So much for KH3  :'(
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Gleech

*slaps fore-head* wow... just wow...

this'll be one of those things that they're gonna use it to show video games are bad for the next 5 years...

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

SonicFan47

That is just appalling.
Whether or not video games are the cause, there are very few reasons to shoot someone (much less your own parents)

oh, and...
Quote from: Gleech on January 15, 2009, 01:44:37 PM
this'll be one of those things that they're gonna use it to show video games are bad for the next 5 years...

I'd say closer to 10 or 15.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Gleech

oh right, i fogot about those 5 or 10 years that it'll be against the law to play em' (joking)

Shadow84786

That's the reason I don't play hardcore games, I been knew about this already I heard it at School its a shame he was in jail

darkness shadow

this makes me feel gutted, and if games do get banned, that'll be more or less what little life i hav down the drain
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Gleech

cant they see its not the games fault? The kid never even PLAYED it! It was his choice to shoot his parents...

Tavy

At least he is orphin for shooting his mum, who needs jail in this caze, I know how its whit no mum.
I like to be called 'fat coon', ain't that true? ^^

Super Empra

Kids fault! What was he thinking? You don't shoot someone just because they ban you from a game.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

DatzAmorayEX

Shooting and murder never solve any problems. It only makes the situation even worse.
"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

Shadow84786

Quote from: Super Empra on January 16, 2009, 11:56:19 AM
Kids fault! What was he thinking? You don't shoot someone just because they ban you from a game.
Yeah its kind of stupid of him to shoot his parents over a video game he wanted

Gleech

yeah, why didnt he just wait a few years, then he'd have freedom to do whatever he wants (or atleast MOSTLY...)

lildude1994

If their child is crazy enough to do that over a game then he must not have had good parents

Reaver77

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on January 17, 2009, 09:02:14 AM
What does that even mean?  ???
It's old news,it happened a good while ago,just look at the date of the article

But although its old,It could srew us up aaaaany second now
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

EnjoiTheRide

huh that is one kid tons of people play games and are not obessed to the point thelle kill for it.   

but there was one sorta funny thing i read about a kid and another kid only reason i say it was kinda funny is because a little boy thought he was a fire mage and caught another kid on fire XD i dont think he died tho

JetTheHawk

wow its hard to believe there is another reason. dumb kid thought that there parents were probably one of the bosses in the game or something.  i dont get violent games like that. ohhh sonic and the black knight is almost out. yay=D
NO SIGNATURE

Gleech

Quote from: jet on January 18, 2009, 08:39:25 AM
wow its hard to believe there is another reason. dumb kid thought that there parents were probably one of the bosses in the game or something.  i dont get violent games like that. ohhh sonic and the black knight is almost out. yay=D
Bold=spam...

but anyway to the rest of the post:
i only get violent if its a stupid, annoying, part im stuck on... im sure alot of people are like me, but this is seriously going to far, if my parents say i cant play a game, im upset, but i dont KILL them O_o

also if you're talking about bosses in Halo 3, there arent many... theres only like 3 or 4... or 1 :P i can only count guilty spark for now...

TheHedgehogX

HxK Retro

Funny thing about this, the kids parents probably sooner or later given the game back to the boy anyhow.

But because he shot his parents, he'll have to wait even LONGER to play the game. That kid must've been retarded.

R.I.P to the boy's mother though.

flick

what the hell, that is so messed up, why would u shoot your own parents because you couldnt play a video game? sleep over a mates house who has it ;)

Shree

I hope that the ESRB sues this kid for everything he owns. His parents were just protecting him

Gleech

Quote from: Shree on January 22, 2009, 04:40:28 PM
I hope that the ESRB sues this kid for everything he owns. His parents were just protecting him
i think they really dont care what happens to the people who buy the games, i mean they just put the stuff like, "E, E 10+, T, M, etc.." right? I really dont think they'll do anything..

guy

Quote from: lildude1994 on January 17, 2009, 08:18:23 AM
If their child is crazy enough to do that over a game then he must not have had good parents
from what it says his parents were doing there job by modetering wat he was playing to see if it was appropriate and the articels neglects to metion the years of untreded mental issues

chet

Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

Dark-one

*goes to the top of a very tall building*
MORONS!!!
WE'RE SURROUNDED BY MORONS!!!

SonicFan47

Quote from: Dark-one on February 15, 2009, 01:58:14 PM
*goes to the top of a very tall building*
MORONS!!!
WE'RE SURROUNDED BY MORONS!!!
Oh, I've known that for years.
You just gotta watch out for 'em and help 'em out when ya can.
Sig attempt #7!

Princessofthechaosemerald

*cue gasp*......o...m...g his own parents.....w...o...w..we are surrounded by ppl today that just dun wanna obey rules....

THEY ARE JUST RULES TO PROTECT....gosh

Eryth

Quote from: SonicFan47 on February 18, 2009, 12:25:49 PM
Oh, I've known that for years.
You just gotta watch out for 'em and help 'em out when ya can.

And hope you don't become one of them. Insanity may be, in fact, rather infectious among some circles of gamers, or as some psychologists will try to prove... Gives me the jitters just thinking about zombie children running around trying to zap people to death with Wii-motes.

All doom and gloom aside, you guys are all sane, right?  
-"Why do you press the same button to punch and to talk to someone?"

Let the people be warned; violent and peaceful interaction are now rolled into one button. Use with caution.

SonicFan47

Quote from: Eryth on February 26, 2009, 03:34:32 PM
And hope you don't become one of them. Insanity may be, in fact, rather infectious among some circles of gamers, or as some psychologists will try to prove... Gives me the jitters just thinking about zombie children running around trying to zap people to death with Wii-motes.
huhga...that is a creepy thought...

Most of the people on this site have, as one user's now-deleted spam/off topic, "...a healthy level of insanity."
The way that I put it to people: "If you're not slightly insane, then no one can take you seriously."
Sig attempt #7!

Eryth

Quote from: SonicFan47 on February 26, 2009, 04:14:52 PM
huhga...that is a creepy thought...
Most of the people on this site have, as one user's now-deleted spam/off topic, "...a healthy level of insanity."
The way that I put it to people: "If you're not slightly insane, then no one can take you seriously."

lol, that's an interesting way of putting it...

Insanity, a necessary evil

Let the people be warned; violent and peaceful interaction are now rolled into one button. Use with caution.

friesnchip

Oh man, I always say instead of blamming the game parents should take responsibility and take control of what their kids play, but now...

I can't belive it, that's just horrible...

Hakudamashi

Well alrighty then O_o

[/quote]
Well I ain't anyway XP
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Eryth

revenger

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 03, 2009, 05:17:43 PM
I don't get it  ???
Short Answer: Yes; Video games should dissapear because of negative influence, contribution to obesity, and other health conditions.

Long Answer: No; Video games should not be removed from the market. Video games may contribute to violence, theft, obesity and other health conditions, but it is not the only factor involved. Another is outside influence, while yet another is a simple lack of common sense. Video games can also be used for educational purposes, such as simulator uses (flight sims, surgery sims, etc.). They have also been used in rehab (both for mental trauma and for disabilities) and in mental/visual training.  Basically, they can do as much good as bad, just like a lot of things.

(The whole "Long answer/Short answer" thing came from my 9th grade geography teacher)
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Well that makes everything clearer XP
no really it does,but ppl can't seem to see the good part  :(
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

That's cause the bad sticks out to our minds more.
We see it as more important than the good which, sometimes, it is.
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 03, 2009, 06:10:32 PM
True, but I think that it's MOST of the time.
Like 75% of the time.
it feels more like in the 90s to me  :-\
bt I'm just being negative
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 03, 2009, 06:13:26 PM
it feels more like in the 90s to me  :-\
bt I'm just being negative
Nah, that's probably a closer number.
Sig attempt #7!

Craig@Game

Quote from: DatzAmorayEX on January 17, 2009, 04:55:11 AM
Shooting and murder never solve any problems. It only makes the situation even worse.

well done mr. obvious (clap, clap, clap)

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

RedCap-BlueSpikes

OH HELL NO! im gonna keep playing games till i die!
its the retarded kids fault that he did that,
NOT THE POOR GAMES! and plus theyde be putting
ALOT of people out of a job. *COUGHCOUGHGAMESTOPCOUGHCOUGH*
well lets just hope for the best, and anyways
its not like its gonna happen when most of teh world
plays teh gamezors. lol. MEDIA FOR TEH ULTEAMATE FAIL!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: MonictheDemon777 on March 26, 2009, 02:17:56 PM
ok u need to calm down O_O
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: MonictheDemon777 on March 26, 2009, 02:17:56 PM
While a large part of me agrees with that statement, you have to relent to fact at some point.
It has been scientifically proven that most outside sources which stimulate the imagination (books, songs, movies, video games, etc.) can influence action.
While it is possible to overcome these influences with willpower, it is recommended that these be absorbed in variety. (i.e. mix up the FPS with Party or racing games)
It's also recommended by doctors to not play games too much as it can cause carpel tunnel syndrome, parkinsons disease, (only record I know of was some idiot playing a PS2 game using heavy rumble support for 12 straight hours!), and deaths (yes, deaths; plural.)

What am I trying to say here?
Ummm...I don't...actually...know yet...
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Your saying that the media IS right
Games are bad and can influence our actions
But with proper willpower,restriction and mentally,we can overcome our silly actions.The media is just focusing on the bad to get it out of our lives forever because they only look into the lacking/stupid ppl that do stupid things to blame them to get rid of em

.....now I don't know what I'M saying XP
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 27, 2009, 04:39:33 PM
Your saying that the media IS right
Games are bad and can influence our actions
But with proper willpower,restriction and mentally,we can overcome our silly actions.The media is just focusing on the bad to get it out of our lives forever because they only look into the lacking/stupid ppl that do stupid things to blame them to get rid of em

.....now I don't know what I'M saying XP
I do, though.
That's exactly what I'm saying.
The media dwells on the bad, but, as you said, "...with proper willpower,restriction and mentally,we can overcome our silly actions.The media is just focusing on the bad to get it out of our lives forever because they only look into the lacking/stupid ppl that do stupid things to blame them to get rid of em."
So, what's my point?

Yes, the media is right, but it's not as right as it claims that it...is...

Okay, now I'M confused too!
Sig attempt #7!

Super Empra

I'm sure that video games do more good than bad. All the media lists is the bad things but what about the good things?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on March 28, 2009, 12:00:11 AM
I'm sure that video games do more good than bad. All the media lists is the bad things but what about the good things?
It increased my quickness with my right hand
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: Super Empra on March 28, 2009, 12:00:11 AM
It's used in retirement homes for preventing/treating arthritis and as a form of therapy to soldiers scarred by the horrors of war.
It's also used to train pilots, professional drivers (not with GTA, mind you), and other professions.
It also increases hand-eye coordination.
(It's all true; look it up)
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 28, 2009, 11:17:14 AM
It's used in retirement homes for preventing/treating arthritis and as a form of therapy to soldiers scarred by the horrors of war.
It's also used to train pilots, professional drivers (not with GTA, mind you), and other professions.
It also increases hand-eye coordination.
(It's all true; look it up)
I only knew the last one :O
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Kristomaster

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 03:44:58 AM
I only knew the last one :O

Same here, my reactions are so fast that people don't even manage to do it before I react. HYAAAH! :P
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kristomaster on March 29, 2009, 04:17:07 AM
Same here, my reactions are so fast that people don't even manage to do it before I react. HYAAAH! :P
.....wut?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

You can also learn new words. Basically it teaches you much better than a teacher can.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on March 29, 2009, 07:24:36 AM
You can also learn new words. Basically it teaches you much better than a teacher can.
lol true,its where I learned what plasma is
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Kristomaster

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 04:23:26 AM
.....wut?
Video games has made me a fortune teller that can see the near future.

Quote from: Super Empra on March 29, 2009, 07:24:36 AM

I was crappy in english but I learned english really well when I started playing video games, at the age of 10 I didn't experience problems with English at all! There you go Psycotic superduperoverprotective parents! Gaming is learning :P
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

I even learned that without mucus your stomach will digest itself in a game  :D
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on March 29, 2009, 09:58:18 AM
I even learned that without mucus your stomach will digest itself in a game  :D
I learned that from the Penguins of Madagascar.
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Switching the voice to Japanese in sonic games helps you learn Japanese words. Marth's phrases in brawl have proved quite useful...

ultimate life form

similar story,

A 5-year-old boy stabbed his 10-year-old sister because she didn't want to give him her Nintendo DS. Her mother, who has sole custody of the children, was sleeping at the time and was alerted by her daughter's screams.

The girl is still at the hospital, but she's not in mortal danger. The boy is aware of what he's done. He said to the police that his sister didn't want to give hime her Nintendo DS, and that he thought the knife was a toy. I've also read that he apparently likes the game "Power Rangers", in which the characters (alledgely) throw knives.

The mother of the 2 children has been raising them since the father abandoned them and fled to Albania. According to her, he was violent to the point of hitting her. She works at night to raise her children, and while she's at work, her brother and her niece babysit them.

heres the article http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/03/02/report-5-year-old-stabs-sister-over-nintendo-ds
:P XD place signature here XD :P

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 11, 2009, 04:37:42 AM
similar story,

A 5-year-old boy stabbed his 10-year-old sister because she didn't want to give him her Nintendo DS. Her mother, who has sole custody of the children, was sleeping at the time and was alerted by her daughter's screams.

The girl is still at the hospital, but she's not in mortal danger. The boy is aware of what he's done. He said to the police that his sister didn't want to give hime her Nintendo DS, and that he thought the knife was a toy. I've also read that he apparently likes the game "Power Rangers", in which the characters (alledgely) throw knives.

The mother of the 2 children has been raising them since the father abandoned them and fled to Albania. According to her, he was violent to the point of hitting her. She works at night to raise her children, and while she's at work, her brother and her niece babysit them.

heres the article http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/03/02/report-5-year-old-stabs-sister-over-nintendo-ds
Well the boy thought the knife was fake
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

sonicstar

I can't belive that the games will be banned only because some stupid crazy kids are doing horible thing because of them. Not all of us are like this. >:(

Hakudamashi

Quote from: sonicstar on April 11, 2009, 08:14:31 AM
I can't belive that the games will be banned only because some stupid crazy kids are doing horible thing because of them. Not all of us are like this. >:(
who said they're B&?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 11, 2009, 08:50:34 PM
that article could also be a possible ban to power rangers
They'll do anything to ban everything besides newspapers,T.V. and coffee
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

lol  ;D  ;D  but news are teachin young children the wrong answers. but my parents raised me better then that

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 12, 2009, 12:35:54 AM
lol  ;D  ;D  but news are teachin young children the wrong answers. but my parents raised me better then that
Nooo,the news are teaching that the things THEY like are the ONLY good things
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

Quote from: windlessusher on April 12, 2009, 10:28:36 AM
Nooo,the news are teaching that the things THEY like are the ONLY good things

true

movin on i know who is gonna use this evidence wind provided. yes thats right,

JACK F***EN THOMPSON

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

hes that retard that is trying to ban video games search him you'll get much more info

Tixxy

Quote from: windlessusher on January 15, 2009, 01:37:14 PM
Yeah,I found this.....
Daniel Petric shot his parents because they wouldn't allow him to play the violent video game Halo 3, prosecutors told a judge at the boy's murder trial Monday.

The trial, on charges of murder and attempted murder, opened Monday for Petric, 17, of Brighton Township. He is being tried without a jury before Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty because of Petric's age.

In September 2007, Daniel, then 16, had sneaked out of his bedroom window to purchase the game at a store against his father's orders. When he returned home, his parents caught him with the game and took it from him. About a month later, Daniel used his father's key to open the lockbox and remove the gun and the game.

Mark Petric, who is a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, testified that before the shooting on Oct. 20, 2007, his then-16-year-old son came into the room with a question:

"Would you guys close your eyes," Daniel Petric asked. "I have a surprise for you."

Mark Petric said he expected a pleasant surprise. The next thing he knew, his head went numb. He had been shot in the head. Susan Petric, 43, died of gunshot wound to the head.

He said the next thing he remembers is his son shoving the gun in his hand and saying, "Hey Dad, here's your gun. Take it."

Mark Petric was allowed to visit his son in jail over the past year. He said his son has apologized. "Dad, I'm so sorry for what I did to Mom, to you and to the family," Daniel Petric said, according to his father. "I'm so glad you are alive."

"You're my son," Mark Petric responded. "You're my boy." Mark Petric said his son told him he could hardly live with the guilt over what he did.

Daniel Petric's lawyers also gave a short opening statement to the judge. They said their client had been under great stress because of a snowboarding accident that resulted in a severe staph infection.

After I read this tragic story, I speechless. I don't know what to say, is it society's fault, or else? Should we blame games? Some people said the core issue here is simply the gun; others said what really caused this was the kid's psychological problems, in the wrong state of mind anyone is capable of the unthinkable. That's indeed a very tragic story, but anyhow, the fact that the father can forgive his boy for what he had done is a strong testament to the power of both family and forgiveness.

Actual article ----->http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-12-16/20081216070338758.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT,now the media and OUR parents are gonna use this as a reason to BAN video games

No, this is what you get for having those games like GTA that show kids how to do this stuff, and why didnt the parents keep the key in a descreet location. Some kids are crazy, and the parents don't know so they buy violent games and this is what it turns into. Kids going a little coocoo and not realizing what they are doing until they follow through.

Post Merge: April 24, 2009, 10:49:32 PM

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 11, 2009, 04:37:42 AM
similar story,

Ehh, well the boy thought the knife was a toy, and when I was a kid I never saw Power Rangers throw knifes. O.O when did they add this in????

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Quote from: windlessusher on March 26, 2009, 03:14:32 PM
ok u need to calm down O_O

you do realize that i was calm. lawlz, people misunderstand me it more ways
then imagine-able. MOAR LAWLZ

Design

Wow...a kid shot his parents only because his parents didn't let him play Halo 3? Man, he's dumb.

superhedgehog4

i barely play violent games i only play sonic games or racing games

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

Super Sonic Boom

The most violent video game I own is like Super Smash Bros Brawl! :D

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

skyrus5150

but that is cartoon violence.. and besides.. there isnt any blood.

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

HereAndThere

Quote from: kilerdad on May 26, 2009, 06:33:25 PM
true but it oes for ppl who play it they think it doesnt hurt others and start to hit em so much they start bleeding

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

HereAndThere

SonicFan47

Quote from: kilerdad on May 26, 2009, 06:33:25 PM
Technically speaking (meaning that this isn't listed in the ratings), it contains imitatable violence.
Also, you do see blood from Master Hand in SSE.
Sig attempt #7!

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

NiGHTS

ive never really seen blood either but that still doesnt mean its not imitable and some characters use weapons making it even more serious of some tries to imitate falco marth link (maybe peach if they have a sharp umbrella ::) ))etc but what makes me wonder is why shoot someone over a stupid game (my opinion) like Halo and why his father didnt hide the key very well ::)

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

NiGHTS

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

NiGHTS

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on January 15, 2009, 01:37:14 PM
Yeah,I found this.....

whats KH3?
Have fun Germans and Americans.

The rest of the world dosn't care. Thank gods.  ;D

HereAndThere

Quote from: shadowDOESrock on June 03, 2009, 03:16:44 AM
whats KH3?
Have fun Germans and Americans.

The rest of the world dosn't care. Thank gods.  ;D
kingdom hearts 3 it wont be coming  :'( i wish it would!!!!!

SuperSonic23

I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

SuperSonic23

I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

azlj01

Before it gets locked Dumb kid wasn't allowed to play games threw a fit and stole parents key for the game saw the gun and tried to teach his parents a lesson.
Kid+anger+acess to a gun x (parents - authority)=Murder

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: SuperSonic11 on August 30, 2009, 04:37:42 PM
Nobody's talking and the topic is mostly dead.
Hmm...
I'm gonna have to say no, as topics are rarely bumped in this area (the gaming news) and when they are, the penalty isn't all that big, since there's only one page.
Good job for pointing that out, though.
Quote from: Windlessusher on August 31, 2009, 07:54:09 AM
its still debatable news dammit
And that would be the other reason not to lock this.
Sig attempt #7!

Sonicboom238

Lol hay i like cheese.

HMS7

Quote from: jeexx on June 03, 2009, 08:14:04 AM
kingdom hearts 3 it wont be coming  :'( i wish it would!!!!!
it is they have a sign for it in gamestop i think between this year and next
behold I AM THE KNIGHT OF KUNCKLES

DJ Boredom

Call me morbid, I lol'd.

Whats next? Some kid steals a cop car because he couldn't play GTA?

Shadic90 For this sig

solid kobra

HMS7

behold I AM THE KNIGHT OF KUNCKLES

Chaos Swissroll

Ungrateful kids nowadays gone psycho.

He should be grateful that her mom at least give him play games.

Now he repays her mom by shoot her in the head?

Ridiculous.

S-Sooooonic

smbcomix

I agree, S-Sooooonic, that kid had serious issues. No wonder his dad wouldn't let him have Halo 3.

But this is rubbish. You can't ban video games just because some psychotic, spoiled teenager shot his parents in the head.

At least the story had a somewhat happy ending . . . the boy apologized and his dad forgave him. You don't see that every day, you know. For anything.

Craats

So, recap: you can kill your mother, and try to kill your father, then apologise and everything is ok?
he should get the chair, no one, NO ONE, with such personality should be allowed to live. And if it is about video games., No wonder his parents took the game away.
it makes my blood boil.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Craats on November 29, 2009, 08:26:09 AM
So, recap: you can kill your mother, and try to kill your father, then apologise and everything is ok?
he should get the chair, no one, NO ONE, with such personality should be allowed to live. And if it is about video games., No wonder his parents took the game away.
it makes my blood boil.
he has a long way to walk, he'll learn from his mistakes and he'll be sorry for his life.

Craats

But that is not enough! how can you ever redeem yourself!? killing your own mother! really, do you really think that is gonna happen?

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Craats on November 30, 2009, 05:47:54 AM
But that is not enough! how can you ever redeem yourself!? killing your own mother! really, do you really think that is gonna happen?
spend his life in jail.

Craats

why isnt he getting killed, i dont know the english word.. when you get.. life sentence or something..

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Craats on November 30, 2009, 05:50:37 AM
why isnt he getting killed, i dont know the english word.. when you get.. life sentence or something..
executed.
btw he's too young, he might get in a reformatory, and just head straight to jail, who knows what happens next.

Craats

right, thats the term i was looking for, but back to the start: you must be pretty messed up to even WANT to play halo 3  :P

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Craats on November 30, 2009, 05:54:12 AM
right, thats the term i was looking for, but back to the start: you must be pretty messed up to even WANT to play halo 3  :P
umm halo 3 is okay, kids just need to see it the right way, i've played halo 1 before it's not that bad, it's quite fun.

WELL  somehow i dunno why kids get serious over that >_>

Craats

Indeed, though you must admit that halo is quite full of cliché space horror things:
i dont know if the image works...

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Craats on November 30, 2009, 06:02:35 AM
Indeed, though you must admit that halo is quite full of cliché space horror things:
i dont know if the image works...

no, it's not just about the single player but the multiplayer.
without it so many kids are gonna be much happier and less tears.

btw i gtg

Craats

Fiamonder

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

smbcomix

The kid was pretty messed up, I agree. I'm still steamed over this.

You wanna know what's funny, though? This wasn't on the news. Usually the press would be jumping at the chance to get a few parents steamed up over videogames with violence and have them storm the game companies. I guess they were either too busy lauding Obama's newest plan, or this news item didn't really happen. I'm not sure which is more true, if either.

sonicmaddave

That kid is rather messed up. Couldn't he wait a couple of years or something? It's not like the game is going to disappear at all even. :o

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 10, 2009, 07:48:48 PM
That kid is rather messed up. Couldn't he wait a couple of years or something? It's not like the game is going to disappear at all even. :o
Well maybe he's become very hardcore and gaming becomes a dependence....

JoeBro387

Somehow, this kind of makes me glad I'm more of a Casual Gamer. Knowing that Hardcore Gamers do that, not as much Casual.

(I wonder how many lives that kid's father has now?)
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

JoeBro387

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on December 16, 2009, 12:22:23 PM
no wonder, he was a Halo 3 player.

Yeah, I'm not too much a fan of Halo 3, but my friends are. (And Xbox360 day in school is tomorrow. They're planning on bringing in Halo 3. I'll just bring in my DSi and play some Worms. :P)
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: JoeBro387 on December 16, 2009, 08:46:11 PM
Yeah, I'm not too much a fan of Halo 3, but my friends are. (And Xbox360 day in school is tomorrow. They're planning on bringing in Halo 3. I'll just bring in my DSi and play some Worms. :P)
Your friends, are a bunch of lucky bastards. :P

JoeBro387

Not really. Everyone here who's entitled to Xbox360 day has a problem of some sort. I've got Aspergers. (Easily angry)

Anyway, it got transferred to the half-day Tuesday. D:

Hakudamashi

he could lose it...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

JoeBro387

Quote from: Windlessusher on December 17, 2009, 09:36:03 AM
he could lose it...
Yeah, but that's no reason to kill your parents. Couldn't he go over a friend's and play it or tried to converse a way into getting it? :S

Joseppi

They won't ban video games over something like that. There's no logic. It would be stupid if they tried. But it would never work. If he shot them because they took his football away, would they ban football too?

JoeBro387

Quote from: Joseppi on December 17, 2009, 09:59:59 AM
They won't ban video games over something like that. There's no logic. It would be stupid if they tried. But it would never work. If he shot them because they took his football away, would they ban football too?
That's a good point. Banning of the video game industry would drive some people mad, anyway. Just as banning football would. (Although I'm all for banning football - or as the americans call it, soccer. :P)

sonicmaddave

Also if you ban the video game industry, loads and loads of people would become unemployed. The world is suffering from an unemployment crisis, if video games became illegal that would make it a lot worse. :o

Tanassy

TheGameNinja

Yeah, they won't ban video games. The whole freedom of speech thing protects it. There are some games I don't think should be made, but they have every right to make them.

JoeBro387

Quote from: TheGameNinja on December 17, 2009, 09:59:29 PM
Yeah, they won't ban video games. The whole freedom of speech thing protects it. There are some games I don't think should be made, but they have every right to make them.

Agreed. I HATE Grand Theft Auto and think it shouldn't have been made, but it is and I believe it's driving some people overboard, especially young children.

But yeah, I'm planning on making games too. -.-

Rulep

Quote from: JoeBro387 on December 18, 2009, 04:41:24 AM
Agreed. I HATE Grand Theft Auto and think it shouldn't have been made, but it is and I believe it's driving some people overboard, especially young children.
Maybe it's the kids behaviour/matureaity and/or their parents teaching right from wrong seriously.(Seriously I see parents swearing in front of their young kids... >:( ) Also No i'm not a fanboy of Grand Theft Auto, just
saying that since I playing that series since 5 and i'm the nicest thing ever.
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Rulep on December 18, 2009, 06:20:07 AM
Maybe it's the kids behaviour/matureaity and/or their parents teaching right from wrong seriously.(Seriously I see parents swearing in front of their young kids... >:( ) Also No i'm not a fanboy of Grand Theft Auto, just
saying that since I playing that series since 5 and i'm the nicest thing ever.
here in Australia I seen some guy take his flip flop off in a busy street and smacked the side of his son's head with it, and the boy was about 5. :o

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: JoeBro387 on December 18, 2009, 04:41:24 AM

But GTA is a bad boy's dream.

As soon they are mature, they won't do anything crazy.

Craats

TheGameNinja

But some people never mature. I was just as mature in 5th grade as I am now, and I'm in my first year of college, but my little brother sure isn't.

Craats

Eventually everyone will, but some have a diffrent age of doing so.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Craats on December 18, 2009, 08:29:08 AM
Eventually everyone will, but some have a diffrent age of doing so.
I think there are people in prison who would prove you wrong. ;)

jaimie

Craats

Not entirely true, sometimes killing someone prevents the mass slaughter of many.
FI: if someone had killed hitler, all the jews might never have been killed.

Tanassy

Quote from: Craats on December 19, 2009, 02:42:43 AM
Not entirely true, sometimes killing someone prevents the mass slaughter of many.
FI: if someone had killed hitler, all the jews might never have been killed.

but i would eventually cycle around in chains of death and more death... and more death... and so on..

Craats

True. people cant control bloodlust when they have the power to kill...

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Craats on December 19, 2009, 10:11:54 PM
True. people cant control bloodlust when they have the power to kill...
Everybody has the power to kill yet not all of them does it

Craats

The power to kill is reserved for the mad. You cannot kill, (and now it gets psychological  :P ) because you cannot make yourself kill someone else because, a normal human has some thing called a self defense system, against him/her self. conclusion: you cannot kill someone because you will stop yourself.
im very good at explaining.... so its ok if you dont get it. its my fault  :-\

shadowDOESrock

Hes 16.

He can drive car. [America?]

There is no reason for Mommy and Daddy to do that, since its too late anyways.
But there is also no reason to kill Mommy and Daddy. Because, with 16 you can earn your own Money...and buy it again. Halo 3 doesnt cost much. Or just play ANOTHER FUCKING GAME HALOFANBOY!!!!11!!!

TheGameNinja

Quote from: DarkKyoushu on December 22, 2009, 12:10:41 AM
Hes 16.

He can drive car. [America?]

There is no reason for Mommy and Daddy to do that, since its too late anyways.
But there is also no reason to kill Mommy and Daddy. Because, with 16 you can earn your own Money...and buy it again. Halo 3 doesnt cost much. Or just play ANOTHER FUCKING GAME HALOFANBOY!!!!11!!!
Except you have to be 17 to buy "M" rated games in America.

Conker534