Main Menu

Hard Drive Failure Imminent

Started by jkid101094, December 29, 2010, 11:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

My comp freezes so I have to shut it off. Just as it's been doing and just as I've been doing. I reboot it up and see that message. I'm going to throw everything of importance that isn't already on the internet onto a CD or two. If I suddenly poof I don't want you to think I'm dead (again). I'll still be able to use my Wii and PS3 to get on the internet, but no MSN or anything like that...

Just sayin'. I'm not planning on disappearing for good or making this a tearful farewell. Just giving you guys a good heads up.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Is it an actual hardware problem? If it isn't you can just do what I did, format and put another OS on there.
Of course, back things up if possible.

jkid101094

I'm honestly not sure WHAT it is. All I know is what my comp is telling me and that it wants me to back everything up in case of apparently "imminent" failure.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Hm, I can't say anything, I've never experienced this problem...

But I was reading up, and apparently, it's not lying.
Back everything up, FAST.
I believe the only way to fix a failing hard drive is to replace it...I could try to ask my dad about how one goes about finding out what harddrive they need, and how to tell, but he isn't home.

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on December 30, 2010, 08:41:58 AM
Hm, I can't say anything, I've never experienced this problem...

But I was reading up, and apparently, it's not lying.
Back everything up, FAST.
I believe the only way to fix a failing hard drive is to replace it...I could try to ask my dad about how one goes about finding out what harddrive they need, and how to tell, but he isn't home.
Could you, really, next time you see him? D=
I put everything of value that isn't already on the internet on a CD (pics, our chatlogs, RPGMVX files, etc.). It started this when I posted the topic and it's done it once since then.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I'm guessing you have an IDE hard drive..

In any case, back up your shit. Then format and re-install windows. Do some checks and see if you have bad sectors, if you do you need a replacement.

Gamerdude

Well that kinda sucks to hear. :l
Well hopefuly you can get this problem fixed up real quick-like.

Quote from: Dracoslythe
                                              MSN: 
                               All the cool shit happens thur.
jkid loves you, GD. :3
HERE'S A BIG FUCKING HUG FROM KAY, GD.  CCCC:

rockout909

Ya, Back everything up now! Even all the stuff on the internet, you never know if the internet'll go out next :\

Til then, how to see you asap Jkid.

jkid101094

Quote from: BloodFury~ on December 30, 2010, 11:47:28 AM
I'm guessing you have an IDE hard drive..

In any case, back up your shit. Then format and re-install windows. Do some checks and see if you have bad sectors, if you do you need a replacement.
We're going to my Uncle's today for New Year's Eve. I'll ask him. :3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.