Article: Why SEGA Doesn't Care when Sonic Sucks

Started by Gilly, January 07, 2009, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxas717

rob4nj3

IGUESS they are pretty crappy games , hey maybe you guys should make a game or not idont know how but if you did make one and let sega play it they would probably making better games

visualboy64

Sega was great back in the day but now they dont care shame on Sega

Rulep

I'm not even surprised that Sega is lazy. I don't even own small amount of their games... They should really put more effort on their games so they can attark more people to their series. Well at least Sony cares about their games and few other. Final Ign is cool their not dumb. Their just Sonic haters since their Mario Fan's. It makes sence!  ;)
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

SonicFan47

Quote from: Rulep on July 31, 2009, 05:00:43 PM
I'm not even surprised that Sega is lazy. I don't even own small amount of their games... They should really put more effort on their games so they can attark more people to their series. Well at least Sony cares about their games and few other. Final Ign is cool their not dumb. Their just Sonic haters since their Mario Fan's. It makes sence!  ;)
How does that make sense?
I'm a Mario fan, and I don't hate Sonic.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Quote from: John Gillis on January 07, 2009, 10:55:49 AM
WHY SEGA DOESN'T CARE WHEN SONIC SUCKS

It's the money, stupid. And enough gamers buy crappy Sonic games for Sega not to care, according to an anonymous Sega employee.

"Boss Rush was an anonymous blog, currently deleted, run by someone who actually turned out to be Sonic Europe employee Ben Andac (who is no longer with the company). Among other things, he clearly knew about the impending "Werehog" gimmick of Sonic Unleashed a full year before the game's trademark was even registered. On the subject of Sonic the Hedgehog games, Andac had this to say, as preserved by archive.org:

Instead of using the re-structuring for good Sonic Team became complacent slaves of their earlier successes. Their primary goal now is purely business driven: to please the managing directors wth good ROIs; this is not so abnormal - it is a business after all - but they leave little room for creativity and originality in their particular brand of working practices. Clearly the blame does not lay squarely at Naka and Sonic Team's door - the direction of Sega (or rather Sammy) as a corporation; the narrow-minded short-term annual business-plan practices and development processes (i.e. tight development schedule) that demand yearly churning out of Sonic products all play a major part...

So that's why Sonic is constantly in roughly three or four games a year, despite few of them being any good. To Sega, the Sonic franchise is now a money train the company is willing to ride all the way to shovelware station. As long as gamers keep buying lousy games starring Sonic, nothing is going to change."

By Alicia Ashby, OMGNintendo.com
January 07, 2009

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. It is good buisness owning Sonic, but it sucks that they have to not care at all about what Sonic has become. Although at least we now know how little Sega cares about their official mascot (even though it's kind of obvious with many recent Sonic Games), to be honest, thinking in the perspective of a businessman, I could see why Sega would make crappy Sonic games; because they get the same money they would if they made decent games as they do when they make the crap ones. Do little work, get paid well. Sad, but true.

Lemme just say this, i think Soni Team lost their drive to make Sonic games
since Sonic 06 when people started bashing SEGA for Sonic Team's blunder,
seriously, its not SEGA its SONIC TEAM. Even a dude who worked there couldn't
tell the difference.

Rulep

Quote from: SonicFan47 on July 31, 2009, 06:14:29 PM
How does that make sense?
I'm a Mario fan, and I don't hate Sonic.

Well i mean their more of Nintendo fan from last gen and hated Sega hate time since Nintendo and Sega had compation.
Their ultimate Mario fans from last gen.... Or atleast that's why they hate Sonic Games.
Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

HellFireX8

When there is Fire, there is Light

All_Hail_Shadow42

really sega  ??? sega should listen to the fans for good ideas like sonic adventure 3 but...it´s like they dont care >_>

Unhappy

I think Sega wantsa to make the best game for the time they have... They keep switching it up so all the games are not the same...  ;D If they just wanted to make money, they would have came out with alot of more shitty games then they have... Sonic team has always gave it there all... It sounds like Ben was just salty...

sonicamyforever

wow segas that cheap thats why some sonic games suck
i love sa2b

Takulya