Article: Why SEGA Doesn't Care when Sonic Sucks

Started by Gilly, January 07, 2009, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: SuperSonic11 on June 09, 2009, 06:06:16 AM
OMFG! You know what? Never mind what I said!  >:(

Dude just calm down...OK, before this really gets out of hand. 8)

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: SuperSonic11 on June 09, 2009, 06:23:18 AM
Thanks Sonic Boom! I needed that!  8)

Hey, that is only 1/12 of my job here! Although I am getting off topic...sorry people! :D

Super Empra

SEGA doesn't care because it will still sell a lot, just because sonic is in it.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Super Empra on June 09, 2009, 08:06:45 AM
SEGA doesn't care because it will still sell a lot, just because sonic is in it.

That pretty much hits the nail right on the head! ;)

shaneme3

I haven't bought any of the new sonic games, in fact, im embaresed to even be a sonic fan, in public.
"Of course we're in Canada, thats why all the pigs taste like bacon!" My youtube channel, please check it out! http://www.youtube.com/user/shaneme3?feature=mhee

HereAndThere

Quote from: shaneme3 on June 14, 2009, 09:56:53 PM
I haven't bought any of the new sonic games, in fact, im embaresed to even be a sonic fan, in public.
GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE

O_o are u embarresed? think it like this ppl like a 100 KG weighting plumber whos 40-60 and dates a 20 year old princess for living now THATS embarissing

jkid101094

*runs away and cries under a palm tree underwater in a cave inhabbited by EarthWorm Jims near the center of the earth in Brazil next to a Private jet on the coast of Rhode Island*

That made no sense! ;D

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: shaneme3 on June 14, 2009, 09:56:53 PM
And why is that?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tavy

[late] If SEGA doesn't care, why should we care, huh? -_-' [/late]

I hope I was just joking >_>
I like to be called 'fat coon', ain't that true? ^^

SuperSonic23

I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

dingadergen

Sega's just trying to milk the same sonic cashcow over and over.  And people keep buying.

Super Empra

Quote from: dingadergen on June 22, 2009, 12:08:17 PM
Sega's just trying to milk the same sonic cashcow over and over.  And people keep buying.

Isn't that what nintendo do?

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on June 22, 2009, 08:16:31 PM
Isn't that what nintendo do?
Yes it is
but its A-ok when Nintendo does it,but a sin if anyone else does it
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ds169

Quote from: NiGHTMaRE on January 07, 2009, 10:55:49 AM
WHY SEGA DOESN'T CARE WHEN SONIC SUCKS

It's the money, stupid. And enough gamers buy crappy Sonic games for Sega not to care, according to an anonymous Sega employee.

"Boss Rush was an anonymous blog, currently deleted, run by someone who actually turned out to be Sonic Europe employee Ben Andac (who is no longer with the company). Among other things, he clearly knew about the impending "Werehog" gimmick of Sonic Unleashed a full year before the game's trademark was even registered. On the subject of Sonic the Hedgehog games, Andac had this to say, as preserved by archive.org:

Instead of using the re-structuring for good Sonic Team became complacent slaves of their earlier successes. Their primary goal now is purely business driven: to please the managing directors wth good ROIs; this is not so abnormal - it is a business after all - but they leave little room for creativity and originality in their particular brand of working practices. Clearly the blame does not lay squarely at Naka and Sonic Team's door - the direction of Sega (or rather Sammy) as a corporation; the narrow-minded short-term annual business-plan practices and development processes (i.e. tight development schedule) that demand yearly churning out of Sonic products all play a major part...

So that's why Sonic is constantly in roughly three or four games a year, despite few of them being any good. To Sega, the Sonic franchise is now a money train the company is willing to ride all the way to shovelware station. As long as gamers keep buying lousy games starring Sonic, nothing is going to change."

By Alicia Ashby, OMGNintendo.com
January 07, 2009

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. It is good buisness owning Sonic, but it sucks that they have to not care at all about what Sonic has become. Although at least we now know how little Sega cares about their official mascot (even though it's kind of obvious with many recent Sonic Games), to be honest, thinking in the perspective of a businessman, I could see why Sega would make crappy Sonic games; because they get the same money they would if they made decent games as they do when they make the crap ones. Do little work, get paid well. Sad, but true.

They sould at least make a better version

Nexos

Wow, Sonic Team makes me feel confused, and very P.O'ed right now ??? >:(