15 year old hedgehog, RETIRING???

Started by chet, January 06, 2009, 05:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

special thanks to nIghtmare and proto_blaze for the articles

15 Year old hedgehog

RETIREING???

In the past decade, sonic the hedgehog has lost most of his popularity. Ever since sonic adventure 2, there has been no "good" sonic game. Sega's little blue mascot has spent his time in forgotin video game boxes because sega took things out of hand, like a car spinning out of control and crashing. Sonic fans every where are crying "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?!?" (yes even me.) recent sonic games have gotten very bad scores on there review.

A quote from yahoo.com:

"Remember when Sonic was awesome? Neither do we. We're not sure what's more puzzling -- the fact that they keep making terrible Sonic games, or the fact that Sega keeps using the tired blue blur as its official mascot. Other than the recent role-playing game Sonic Chronicles, there hasn't been a truly fun Sonic game in about a decade. That's about nine years too long. Speed kills."

Why are they so mean???

Whats more, cnet said this about sonic.

"In the next week, a new Sonic game, called Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood will hit store shelves for the Nintendo DS. Some are anxiously waiting for the title to be released, while many don't care all that much. Why is that? Probably because Silent Hill: Homecoming will be released during the same week and, well, Sonic has lost his stride over the past decade.

Practically any poll you search for on the Web about the most popular video game characters will say that Mario is tops. In fact, a recent survey in Japan [Google translation warning] returned similar results showing Mario as the popular game character in the country, followed closely by other big names like Cloud from the Final Fantasy series and Yoshi.

Other surveys feature Sonic in the Top 10 -- usually around the middle area -- and the vast majority of people I surveyed on my Twitter page agreed with the public: Sonic isn't the best video game character of all-time, but he's certainly up there.

So what happened to Sonic? A decade ago, the blue hedgehog was at the top of his game and battling it out with Mario for the top-spot as the world's most popular video game character. Since then, even though he has been featured in a number of titles, his popularity has dropped significantly and his money-making potential has fallen with it.

All the while, stalwarts like Mario and Link have clung to the top spots with nary a drop in popularity.

During the heyday of the Sega Genesis, I can still remember the fights that would break out over whether Sonic or Mario was better. The Sega fanboys would support their mascot until the end and the Nintendo fanboys would do the same for their plumber. Little did we know that that really was the beginning of the end.

As soon as the Nintendo 64 hit store shelves and Mario become the centerpiece of the 3D platforming world, Sonic's decline started. Sega couldn't muster a real competitor and its own desire for speed trumped its necessity for fun and exciting platforming gameplay.

In the meantime, Sega itself was declining at a rapid rate and its blunders is ostracizing developers and retailers turned the company into pariah. And as Nintendo continued its charge as the de facto leader in innovative gameplay, Sega and Sonic were left out in the cold.

Finally, with the release of the Sega Dreamcast, Sega made an effort in the platforming space and released Sonic Adventure, which, to this day, is still one of my favorite games to play when I'm bored. But alas, it was too late and the once-proud Sonic was forced to endure as his creators bailed out of the hardware business in favor of software.

Sure, it wasn't long ago that Sega dropped out of the hardware business, but it really has been a long time since Sonic was on-par with Mario. In fact, I'd say that Sonic hasn't been considered an equal to Mario for at least a decade. During that time, all the kids that stayed true to Sonic have moved on, grown up, and found gaming love in titles like Halo and Gears of War. And all the younger kids who don't remember the days of Nintendo-Sega fighting only know and love one major player in the space: Mario. Sonic games are relegated to the bargain bin for these children.

And perhaps that's why few people are getting excited about the latest and greatest Sonic game. The people that once cared are too old to get excited about Sonic anymore and the younger people who should be getting excited barely care he exists. They would be much happier playing the latest Mario title or checking out any of the other major franchises in the industry.

I still look back at the old days when Sonic was at the top as some of the greatest days in gaming. It was a time when derivative gameplay was the exception, not the rule. And it was a time when gaming didn't have to be about sexy women or killing prostitutes to be fun. It was a time when gaming was real and it was unique.

And unfortunately, it's becoming clearer by the day that Sonic, a stalwart of that time, is dying of old age with each sub-par title from Sega trying to revive the old hedgehog.

Thanks for the good times, Sonic. We loved every minute of them."

It seems now that Sega has run out of chances. But in march 2009; a last resort game will be coming out. Sonic and the black night will be the second installment in the storybook series. Perhaps this time, fans will be checking the rating before buying the game. BUT, from the game play style; it looks like sonic may jumping into the ranks again like Mario jumping on goombas.

Nowadays, it's no reason why shadow seems so... emo. In addition to that, Mario seems to have some kind of invincibility shield. In 2008, Mario and sonic at the Olympic games sold 10 million copies worldwide. The game scored very badly. No matter HOW many gold metals sonic won in the game, the ultimate loser, was, (you guessed it.) sonic. Sonic the hedgehog was pulled even lower in the ranks, while Mario stayed tops.

For now, lets just pray for sonic, for god knows WHAT will happen to him. Lets hope he will stay where he should be, on television screens, making fans happy saving the world. There is nothing wrong with Mario though. However, it seems they have temporarly stopped making Mario games. Lets hope sega takes advantage of mario's nap. Just like in the turtle and the hare...

Chet

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

darkness shadow

sonic has had a few games, but people don't seem to realise that sonic could be at his turning point
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Luma

old topic idd, sonic is 17 now (:P) his games wont die cause sega doesnt give any attention to surveys or w/e between mario and sonic, then they show up with a game like sonic unleashed and it sells tons again

chrono123

sonics not the worst in my opinion but could be a whole lot better like ty the tasmanian tiger

DatzAmorayEX

Well, I think Sonic will live on forever, no matter what. He'll get back on the top someday... I know it... We just gotta hang in there and hope for the best!
"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

Hakudamashi

Quote from: DatzAmorayEX on January 17, 2009, 04:49:39 AM
Well, I think Sonic will live on forever, no matter what. He'll get back on the top someday... I know it... We just gotta hang in there and hope for the best!
If only 3/4 of the world was as optimistic as you  :(
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheHedgehogX

=(  :'( :'( :'(
sonic doesnt suck....it needs to improve...

DatzAmorayEX

"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

SlashXVI

Well, The apearence of "SONIC UNLEASHED" was reaallyyy cool! and the next awesome game will be Sonic and the black night

THANKS JET!

kokkirikid

i cant wait for black knight the game looks so cool

darkness shadow

Quote from: kokkirikid on January 24, 2009, 09:52:08 AM
i cant wait for black knight the game looks so cool
yeah, lets hope the controls are good
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Super Empra

I hope it doesn't have controls like the secret rings.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

KnuXXX

Quote from: SlashXVI on January 24, 2009, 03:11:37 AM
Well, The apearence of "SONIC UNLEASHED" was reaallyyy cool! and the next awesome game will be Sonic and the black night

Indeed! I didn't really like the werehog bit in Unleashed. But being Sonic the Hedgehog was shocking. I got blown away. And, I'm getting a 360 just to get Sonic The Hedgehog, and the 360 version of Unleashed, cause it looks so much better.. Can't wait!!
I hope the controls in Black Knight will be more like Unleashed. It has to be, really. Cause I swear I've heard that u shake the wiimote for swinging ur sword or something..
Doesn't matter, the game will be great!!
This is a signature.

darkness shadow

Quote from: Knux on January 24, 2009, 04:23:23 PM
Indeed! I didn't really like the werehog bit in Unleashed. But being Sonic the Hedgehog was shocking. I got blown away. And, I'm getting a 360 just to get Sonic The Hedgehog, and the 360 version of Unleashed, cause it looks so much better.. Can't wait!!
I hope the controls in Black Knight will be more like Unleashed. It has to be, really. Cause I swear I've heard that u shake the wiimote for swinging ur sword or something..
Doesn't matter, the game will be great!!
i liked the werehog part, it's great for stress relive, but the sonic stages... WHOO
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

SlashXVI

Quote from: ultrashadow on January 24, 2009, 08:17:51 PM
i liked the werehog part, it's great for stress relive, but the sonic stages... WHOO
Yep. The boosts are the best part of sonic stages.

THANKS JET!

NeoMetalSonic

Hopefully Sega saves him. I really don't want him to be gone. He was and still is a gaming icon. If Sega just gives up on him. It would be like (you guessed it) Nintendo giving up on Mario

DARKZAY

They dare try to make SONIC retired.  Fair play to SEGA for not believing in the surveys.  I hate mario.  Sonic is the new era.
All hail SONIC LOL

Jackle the hedgehog

Sonic is just gonna keep on running, even if sega says he is a dead character i know that someone somewhere will be playing a sonic game and no matter what the blue wind will run on

SlashXVI

Quote from: Jackle the hedgehog on February 01, 2009, 07:27:15 AM
Sonic is just gonna keep on running, even if sega says he is a dead character i know that someone somewhere will be playing a sonic game and no matter what the blue wind will run on
EXACLY! We all know that people will never stop playing sonic games...i mean, i can imagen myself playing S3&K In like...2012

THANKS JET!

skyrus5150

i agree with the others that no matter how old ssonic gets its still going to keep on getting to new games for example sonic unleashed was released and its pretty gud 2 i saw it in a video

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

chet

Quote from: AkatsukiSonic on January 07, 2009, 04:24:26 AM
old topic idd, sonic is 17 now (:P) his games wont die cause sega doesnt give any attention to surveys or w/e between mario and sonic, then they show up with a game like sonic unleashed and it sells tons again
sega wont give a sh*t of how sonic does... they think, the more games the more $.$
me:  >:D
Your reading my sig
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
O o

SonicChrono

I agree with everyone here.

I hope Sonic will continue to make his games much awesomer and better in the future after Black Knight is released.

Shadow84786

Quote from: SonicChrono on February 21, 2009, 05:10:48 PM
I agree with everyone here.

I hope Sonic will continue to make his games much awesomer and better in the future after Black Knight is released.
Yeah they should make better Sonic games in the future.

ShadowsOfSilver

Black Knight's gonna be awesome, what the heck are you talking about?!

The Meph's back in da hawz

I find it sad how Sega won't make a Sonic game that is REALLY good. Mario and Luigi RPG 3 looks great and all, but I really wanna see a Sonic game that is as good --- or even BETTER than Sonic Adventure 2.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: 525055 on February 23, 2009, 11:21:43 AM
I find it sad how Sega won't make a Sonic game that is REALLY good. Mario and Luigi RPG 3 looks great and all, but I really wanna see a Sonic game that is as good --- or even BETTER than Sonic Adventure 2.
So Sonic Unleashed was a failure?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on February 23, 2009, 01:21:55 PM
Well, with how F***ing indecisive 90% of fans and reviewers are, Sonic for the Genesis could have been a failure.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

sonic fan003

Quote from: DARKZAY on February 01, 2009, 12:15:35 AM
They dare try to make SONIC retired.  Fair play to SEGA for not believing in the surveys.  I hate mario.  Sonic is the new era.
All hail SONIC LOL
Mario isn't all bad, he's a cool person (always on mushrooms though lol)

KnuXXX

Quote from: sonic fan003 on February 23, 2009, 07:51:04 PM
Mario isn't all bad, he's a cool person (always on mushrooms though lol)
Sure, Mario's a real hero. He saves a princess just to get laid..
At least he did something in Galaxy
This is a signature.

panjr0809

sega should continue to make more sonic games

Crazy_mofo213

Quote from: windlessusher on February 23, 2009, 01:21:55 PM

Not really. It was a good game, but it wasn't GREAT. It was a good step in the right direction for Sonic though.

KnuXXX

Quote from: Crazy_mofo213 on March 17, 2009, 09:53:21 AM
Not really. It was a good game, but it wasn't GREAT. It was a good step in the right direction for Sonic though.
Indeed. Well, apart from the Werewolf
This is a signature.

SonicFan47

Quote from: KnuXXX on March 17, 2009, 10:06:35 AM
Indeed. Well, apart from the Werewolf
I don't know about that.
I think that werehog-style gameplay would work better for, say, Knuckles.
(Think about it: Knuckles attacking in a Werehog-style frenzy! AWZOME!!)
Sig attempt #7!

KnuXXX

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 17, 2009, 12:19:43 PM
I don't know about that.
I think that werehog-style gameplay would work better for, say, Knuckles.
(Think about it: Knuckles attacking in a Werehog-style frenzy! AWZOME!!)

or just the normal knuckles. I miss the more original sonic games. Like, awesome graphics, keep on running, lightened up and colorful stages...
I'm still waiting for a game like Unleashed, just without werehog, and with say.. Knuckles & Miles
This is a signature.

SonicFan47

Quote from: KnuXXX on March 17, 2009, 12:37:27 PM
or just the normal knuckles. I miss the more original sonic games. Like, awesome graphics, keep on running, lightened up and colorful stages...
I'm still waiting for a game like Unleashed, just without werehog, and with say.. Knuckles & Miles
Well, I meant normal Knuckles, but fighting like the werehog.
And I would like to see Silver, Big, and Shade return (or in Shade's case, enter) the 3D console games.
Sig attempt #7!

JetTheHawk

Quote from: SonicFan47 on March 17, 2009, 12:40:46 PM
Well, I meant normal Knuckles, but fighting like the werehog.
And I would like to see Silver, Big, and Shade return (or in Shade's case, enter) the 3D console games.
i would like to see that to and btw who is shade
NO SIGNATURE

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jet on March 17, 2009, 02:34:37 PM
i would like to see that to and btw who is shade
That other Echidna from Sonic Chronicles
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Kristomaster

Why do everyone say "Sonic is retiring", seriously, SEGA hasn't experienced big financial troubles, and as long as they don't Sonic will continue on his quest to stop Eggman and.... other... sinisters
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kristomaster on March 28, 2009, 09:05:10 PM
Why do everyone say "Sonic is retiring", seriously, SEGA hasn't experienced big financial troubles, and as long as they don't Sonic will continue on his quest to stop Eggman and.... other... sinisters
Sonic can't RETIRE
His comics kick ass :P
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

chet

i wonder why judges are so prejudice when it comes to sonic :'(
Your reading my sig
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
O o

Kristomaster

Quote from: chet on April 07, 2009, 07:12:59 PM
i wonder why judges are so prejudice when it comes to sonic :'(
It's just the critics who hate sonic, and SEGA who should have used more time in making the sonic games.
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kristomaster on April 10, 2009, 09:12:11 AM
It's just the critics who hate sonic
and the people who believe them.And Genesis junkies
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

looks like the blue hedgehog is back on his feet. black knight is awesome. but im a true sonic fan. i like all sonic games. when people say "werehog ruined sonic" or " why the hell does sonic have a sword" i just say one thing to them, espcially if their mario fans " why the fu** did mario have a water gun. get over it people change is good"

wont be soon until mario turns in to a octipuss.

i mean dont get me wrong i like that fat plumber. hes my favourite fat plumber.

but the point is if your a fan of mario and say somtin like that to a sonic fan han thats just hippocritical. hey no one is perfect
:P XD place signature here XD :P

Super Empra

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 11, 2009, 04:27:19 AM
looks like the blue hedgehog is back on his feet. black knight is awesome. but im a true sonic fan. i like all sonic games. when people say "werehog ruined sonic" or " why the hell does sonic have a sword" i just say one thing to them, espcially if their mario fans " why the fu** did mario have a water gun. get over it people change is good"

wont be soon until mario turns in to a octipuss.

i mean dont get me wrong i like that fat plumber. hes my favourite fat plumber.

but the point is if your a fan of mario and say somtin like that to a sonic fan han thats just hippocritical. hey no one is perfect

OMG! I can't believe i didn't think of that. People didn't mind when mario got a wierd talking water gun thing. Super Mario Sunshine was nothing like other mario games. People didn't complain then so why are they complaining about a sword or the werehog?

chet

its because there are BIG FAT hippocrites in the world.
Your reading my sig
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
O o

Hakudamashi

Quote from: chet on April 11, 2009, 07:40:05 AM
its because there are BIG FAT hippocrites in the world.
couldn't have said it better myself  :)
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

you see mario fans thrive for pleasure by bashing on sonic. they are fed from it.

KevChaos86

Yeah, that stupid exemption from criticism for whenever they do some new, stupid thing in the Mario games is really annoying. I figure Nintendo gets away with it cuz they know exactly what to shoot for when making those games though.. they play the safe route. After they come up with a new Mario game concept they beat it to death and rarely change things up within it. I mean seriously, how many versions do we freakin' need of Mario Party or the sports games?
- Kev

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

HereAndThere

sonics made it this far so hes gonna make it even further he cant be beat in any sort of thing ask you why do ppl even think that sonics dead? well cuz they hated one or two games and stopped playing like what happened with drift racings well ppl played those and thought they were so stupid that the hedgehog would go to the bottom but hes still here guess why CUZ HES THE NUMER ONE OF THE GAMES AND YOU CANT CHANGE MY MIND NINTENDO SCREW YOU NINTENDO YOU F***ING GAME COMPANY SONIC FOR EVER

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jeexx on April 17, 2009, 02:40:35 AM
HES THE NUMER ONE OF THE GAMES AND YOU CANT CHANGE MY MIND NINTENDO SCREW YOU NINTENDO YOU F***ING GAME COMPANY SONIC FOR EVER
agreed
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

well atleast sonic didnt make any educational games><
                                                                       _

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 24, 2009, 04:37:05 AM
                                                                       _
coughsonic'sschoolhousecough
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tixxy

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 24, 2009, 04:37:05 AM
                                                                       _

Yes he did in fact. My brother who owns a Leapster has a educational Math game of Sonic, thats based on which of Sonic CD

SonicFan47

Quote from: Tixxy on April 24, 2009, 04:39:15 PM
Yes he did in fact. My brother who owns a Leapster has a educational Math game of Sonic, thats based on which of Sonic CD
I thought that it was based off of Sonic X...
My brother has one too...

Quote from: windlessusher on April 24, 2009, 12:48:24 PM
coughsonic'sschoolhousecough
Ah, Sonic's SchoolHouse. I remember it well.
Sig attempt #7!

Tixxy

Quote from: SonicFan47 on April 29, 2009, 06:18:34 PM
I thought that it was based off of Sonic X...
My brother has one too...
Ah, Sonic's SchoolHouse. I remember it well.

It's kind of a mix, I was just basing it off of Graphics

ultimate life form

wat!!!???? noooooooooooooooooooo :'( :'( :'( my whole childhood is ruined

Skyle369

I was always scared when I was a kid when I play Sonic School house.

HereAndThere

why were you? also aint this the wrong section?

skyrus5150

YOU WERE SCARED :o is it a scary game?

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

Skyle369

I was creeped out of Sonic in that game when I was a 4 year old.

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicdude

great just great thanks alot sega idea for you guys listen to your fans
Brawl code:4897-8216-5956
Jump Ultimate Stars:5199-3422-0617
Tatsunoko VS Capcom:0260-1745-5878

HereAndThere

Quote from: Sonicdude on May 22, 2009, 06:18:15 PM
great just great thanks alot sega idea for you guys listen to your fans
yeah thats true but sega doesnt listen to their fans cause of their work on new games shows and stuff like that they dont have time so after they do they may make a new game if i would work at sega id had a good idea to it but i dont  :'( so its too bad

Sonicdude

Quote from: jeexx on May 22, 2009, 06:20:24 PM
yeah thats true but sega doesnt listen to their fans cause of their work on new games shows and stuff like that they dont have time so after they do they may make a new game if i would work at sega id had a good idea to it but i dont  :'( so its too bad
true I got some ideas to but same reason
Brawl code:4897-8216-5956
Jump Ultimate Stars:5199-3422-0617
Tatsunoko VS Capcom:0260-1745-5878

HereAndThere

Quote from: Sonicdude on May 22, 2009, 06:37:36 PM
true I got some ideas to but same reason
yeah but if i can i will try some day try to get there and then i will make the second ultimate sonic game (if i am good enough) (and ill make the idea LOLZ)

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

damnhedge

if sega woud stop mkaing sonic games i will hang up my self cuz i love him hes the best and even haters like him a little bit so if go away i go away

skyrus5150

i think everyone would do that...well mostly everyone.

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

HereAndThere

Quote from: kilerdad on May 26, 2009, 06:31:55 PM
i think everyone would do that...well mostly everyone.
you wouldnt? i would jump off a cliff

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

HereAndThere

skyrus5150

or id even lose my self in the emptyness of space.s

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

HereAndThere

Quote from: kilerdad on May 26, 2009, 06:59:34 PM
or id even lose my self in the emptyness of space.s
now im relly  :o my friend well id go to the bottom of the sea and let a shark eat me

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

SonicLover25

SONIC SHOULDN'T RETIRE!HE'S THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME!HE WAS THE FIRST EVER GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED!I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS!SONIC STAYS!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicLover25 on May 29, 2009, 12:03:03 PM
SONIC SHOULDN'T RETIRE!HE'S THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME!HE WAS THE FIRST EVER GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED!I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS!SONIC STAYS!
IO think you need some rennalin ._.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

HereAndThere

Quote from: SuperSonic11 on June 02, 2009, 03:01:42 PM
I have SATBK. it's hot, but I beat it 4 times already. The story's short but the gameplay is f***kin' awesome. ;D He can't retire. No f***kin' way. >:(
i agree but theres soemthing ya forgot to mention "NINTENDO CANT F*CKING CHANGE MY GOD DAMN MIND!!! SONIC FOREVER!!!!!" i said that XD

Super Empra

Quote from: jeexx on June 02, 2009, 09:42:16 PM
i agree but theres soemthing ya forgot to mention "NINTENDO CANT F*CKING CHANGE MY GOD DAMN MIND!!! SONIC FOREVER!!!!!" i said that XD

Nintendo aren't trying to change your mind, its the reviewers.

HereAndThere

Quote from: Super Empra on June 03, 2009, 03:58:48 AM
no nintendo tryed to change our minds with sonic in SSBB  :P and yes i agree reviewrs should f*ck their selfs

Zonic10

Yahoo Games did state that the Sonic the Hedgehog series should quit, but I don't think so yet. Sonic isn't old yet, there are more good games to come.

Hakudamashi

like everyone else
game reviewers should keep their "opinions" to themselves
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: jeexx on June 03, 2009, 08:05:24 AM
no nintendo tryed to change our minds with sonic in SSBB  :P and yes i agree reviewrs should f*ck their selfs

I don't get it? how did they change our minds with sonic in SSBB?

HereAndThere

Quote from: Super Empra on June 04, 2009, 07:24:18 AM
I don't get it? how did they change our minds with sonic in SSBB?
yesh they did they made sonic the most weakest char and who only spins >.< so nintendo tryed to show sonic fan boys how sucky their hero rly is (i disagree with nintendo)

Super Empra

Quote from: jeexx on June 04, 2009, 07:25:35 AM
yesh they did they made sonic the most weakest char and who only spins >.< so nintendo tryed to show sonic fan boys how sucky their hero rly is (i disagree with nintendo)

Thats really a matter of opinion. He is not weak, he's a good character. It depends how good you are at playing with him.

HereAndThere

Quote from: Super Empra on June 04, 2009, 07:37:18 AM
Thats really a matter of opinion. He is not weak, he's a good character. It depends how good you are at playing with him.
yah.......i agree but nintendo has tried to change so fans mind with few mario games...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jeexx on June 04, 2009, 07:25:35 AM
so,just because you can only spam with him,he sux?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

HereAndThere

Quote from: windlessusher on June 04, 2009, 10:38:24 AM
so,just because you can only spam with him,he sux?
nope he doesnt suck but nintendo (like many other companies) have said something about another game that it sucks...like street fighters creator said tekken rlez and mortal combats TEKKEN SUCKS!!!!!!

damnhedge

oke if he quits i tink i woud do noting i tink i just make my one sonic games

NiGHTS

stuff reviewers they are mostly made up of people obsessed with a certain company or game series and will say "oh this game doesnt have guns" or "oh this game doesnt have a fat guy jumping on people " and just say its rubbish and give lame excuses for it and wont listen to anything the public says as they are being payed to write full on major BS
and about the sonic brawl thing thats about all sonic does in the first place they are hardley gonna include every version of sonics moves they just include what he usually does, his main feat is speed therefor hes fast but if he was fast and strong it would giva an unfair advantage.
Sonic shouldnt retire just because he lost a few fans boohoo stuff them they only liked one game therefor could not be classed as fans

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SuperSonic11 on June 08, 2009, 12:07:42 PM
Nintendo really wants Sonic to suck balls, don't they?!  >:(
no they don't
but the fans do
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on June 08, 2009, 03:43:41 PM
Which one were you talking about originally?
The Mario fans
but then I did some thinking
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on June 08, 2009, 03:51:57 PM
The Mario fans
but then I did some thinking
Ooohh...
So you're saying that just about everyone wants our friendly hedgehog to die?
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on June 08, 2009, 03:53:01 PM
Ooohh...
So you're saying that just about everyone wants our friendly hedgehog to die?
pretty much,yeah
well...except newborns
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

SonicFan47

Quote from: SuperSonic11 on June 08, 2009, 04:10:53 PM
AND ME!  >:(
By us here, I meant the SonicZONE Members.
Which, unless I'm too much mistaken, includes you.
Sig attempt #7!

DJ Boredom

It's not that I want sonic to die.

It's just I wouldn't play anymore if the games kept being the same basic BS, I like how the features change like in the games. Keeps it interesting for me ^_^;

Shadic90 For this sig

dingadergen

Hakudamashi

Quote from: dingadergen on June 22, 2009, 12:09:39 PM
He doesn't act or look 15 to me!
alright then,how DOES a 15yr old act? :P
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ds169

SSWB

Sonic is going back up so LONG LIVE SONIC

SlashXVI

Quote from: SSWB on June 26, 2009, 09:21:36 AM
Sonic is going back up so LONG LIVE SONIC
I think the games that nintendo and sega are making like SSBB are A LOT better. SEGA should really somehow share copyright of sonic with nintendo and keep making games together if that is not what they already did.

THANKS JET!

Will the Hedgehog

*snif* I remember when Sonic Adventure DX came out...DON'T DIE SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asshat

they should make a 2d, old fashioned game like megaman did with megaman 9, maybe sonic the hedgehog 4 or something
nothing to see here

ChaosMaster

I hate when people rated S&MaTOG badly because of sonic. If it was MaTOG, it'd be a 8/10 or higher. Since sonic was included, and with a couple of bad games before, critics instantly assumed "this game is terrible and gets a 2/10", but becuase mario was in it, they had to make it up a few noches. I hate how critics these day go by the word of the past, and don't just rate for how it is. If they did, games like SU, S&TSR, S&MaTOG, and S&TBK could be rated fairly and not by "this game isn't like the classic, it sucks" but yet somehow the don't rate mario that way, why? becuase they stuck to one idea the whole way through and didn't change anything but 2-D/3-D and were the game is (space, castle, the world itself, etc.)

Sonic shouldn't retire, and critics need to get a freaking grip already, franchises change, and it doesn't mean it's bad.

Sig made by ShadowsofSilver

Visit me on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSnake753

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ChaosMaster on August 20, 2009, 04:01:53 AM
"this game isn't like the classic, it sucks" but yet somehow the don't rate mario that way, why? becuase they stuck to one idea the whole way through and didn't change anything but 2-D/3-D and were the game is (space, castle, the world itself, etc.)
and notice how they rated Super Mario Sunshine bad for being different from the classics
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sasuke8976

Quote from: chets mix on January 06, 2009, 05:28:23 PM
special thanks to nIghtmare and proto_blaze for the articles

15 Year old hedgehog

RETIREING???

In the past decade, sonic the hedgehog has lost most of his popularity. Ever since sonic adventure 2, there has been no "good" sonic game. Sega's little blue mascot has spent his time in forgotin video game boxes because sega took things out of hand, like a car spinning out of control and crashing. Sonic fans every where are crying "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?!?" (yes even me.) recent sonic games have gotten very bad scores on there review.

A quote from yahoo.com:

"Remember when Sonic was awesome? Neither do we. We're not sure what's more puzzling -- the fact that they keep making terrible Sonic games, or the fact that Sega keeps using the tired blue blur as its official mascot. Other than the recent role-playing game Sonic Chronicles, there hasn't been a truly fun Sonic game in about a decade. That's about nine years too long. Speed kills."

Why are they so mean???

Whats more, cnet said this about sonic.

"In the next week, a new Sonic game, called Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood will hit store shelves for the Nintendo DS. Some are anxiously waiting for the title to be released, while many don't care all that much. Why is that? Probably because Silent Hill: Homecoming will be released during the same week and, well, Sonic has lost his stride over the past decade.

Practically any poll you search for on the Web about the most popular video game characters will say that Mario is tops. In fact, a recent survey in Japan [Google translation warning] returned similar results showing Mario as the popular game character in the country, followed closely by other big names like Cloud from the Final Fantasy series and Yoshi.

Other surveys feature Sonic in the Top 10 -- usually around the middle area -- and the vast majority of people I surveyed on my Twitter page agreed with the public: Sonic isn't the best video game character of all-time, but he's certainly up there.

So what happened to Sonic? A decade ago, the blue hedgehog was at the top of his game and battling it out with Mario for the top-spot as the world's most popular video game character. Since then, even though he has been featured in a number of titles, his popularity has dropped significantly and his money-making potential has fallen with it.

All the while, stalwarts like Mario and Link have clung to the top spots with nary a drop in popularity.

During the heyday of the Sega Genesis, I can still remember the fights that would break out over whether Sonic or Mario was better. The Sega fanboys would support their mascot until the end and the Nintendo fanboys would do the same for their plumber. Little did we know that that really was the beginning of the end.

As soon as the Nintendo 64 hit store shelves and Mario become the centerpiece of the 3D platforming world, Sonic's decline started. Sega couldn't muster a real competitor and its own desire for speed trumped its necessity for fun and exciting platforming gameplay.

In the meantime, Sega itself was declining at a rapid rate and its blunders is ostracizing developers and retailers turned the company into pariah. And as Nintendo continued its charge as the de facto leader in innovative gameplay, Sega and Sonic were left out in the cold.

Finally, with the release of the Sega Dreamcast, Sega made an effort in the platforming space and released Sonic Adventure, which, to this day, is still one of my favorite games to play when I'm bored. But alas, it was too late and the once-proud Sonic was forced to endure as his creators bailed out of the hardware business in favor of software.

Sure, it wasn't long ago that Sega dropped out of the hardware business, but it really has been a long time since Sonic was on-par with Mario. In fact, I'd say that Sonic hasn't been considered an equal to Mario for at least a decade. During that time, all the kids that stayed true to Sonic have moved on, grown up, and found gaming love in titles like Halo and Gears of War. And all the younger kids who don't remember the days of Nintendo-Sega fighting only know and love one major player in the space: Mario. Sonic games are relegated to the bargain bin for these children.

And perhaps that's why few people are getting excited about the latest and greatest Sonic game. The people that once cared are too old to get excited about Sonic anymore and the younger people who should be getting excited barely care he exists. They would be much happier playing the latest Mario title or checking out any of the other major franchises in the industry.

I still look back at the old days when Sonic was at the top as some of the greatest days in gaming. It was a time when derivative gameplay was the exception, not the rule. And it was a time when gaming didn't have to be about sexy women or killing prostitutes to be fun. It was a time when gaming was real and it was unique.

And unfortunately, it's becoming clearer by the day that Sonic, a stalwart of that time, is dying of old age with each sub-par title from Sega trying to revive the old hedgehog.

Thanks for the good times, Sonic. We loved every minute of them."

It seems now that Sega has run out of chances. But in march 2009; a last resort game will be coming out. Sonic and the black night will be the second installment in the storybook series. Perhaps this time, fans will be checking the rating before buying the game. BUT, from the game play style; it looks like sonic may jumping into the ranks again like Mario jumping on goombas.

Nowadays, it's no reason why shadow seems so... emo. In addition to that, Mario seems to have some kind of invincibility shield. In 2008, Mario and sonic at the Olympic games sold 10 million copies worldwide. The game scored very badly. No matter HOW many gold metals sonic won in the game, the ultimate loser, was, (you guessed it.) sonic. Sonic the hedgehog was pulled even lower in the ranks, while Mario stayed tops.

For now, lets just pray for sonic, for god knows WHAT will happen to him. Lets hope he will stay where he should be, on television screens, making fans happy saving the world. There is nothing wrong with Mario though. However, it seems they have temporarly stopped making Mario games. Lets hope sega takes advantage of mario's nap. Just like in the turtle and the hare...

Chet

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sonic Is Not Going To Retire . He Still Has His Good moments. Okay Sonic Heroes Was Not That Good But Sonic Unleashed Got Sonic Back Up To Date So He Is Not Going To Retire.He Was Good In Secret Rings And Great To Me In Black Knight.

Ds169

Sonic will never give in to DEFEAT!!!!!!

WeaselBandit

i think that a sa3 could bring back the franchise..

cuz the 2 previous games were epic!
Hedgehog (definition): an animal who hoards all the bushes.

Barc

Quote from: WeaselBandit on October 04, 2009, 10:44:58 AM
i think that a sa3 could bring back the franchise..

cuz the 2 previous games were epic!
sonic 06 is sa3 but whitout the chao garden and the japanese name of sonic unleashed was sonic world adventure

SonicFan47

Quote from: shadic the ultimate on October 08, 2009, 09:57:23 AM
sonic 06 is sa3 but whitout the chao garden and the japanese name of sonic unleashed was sonic world adventure

*stares*
Why does Japan always get the epic versions of game covers?
Sig attempt #7!

Barc

Quote from: SonicFan47 on October 08, 2009, 11:11:28 AM
*stares*
then you should see the jap cover of sonic and the black knight

take this:

SonicFan47

Quote from: shadic the ultimate on October 09, 2009, 09:26:21 AM

take this:

...I'm not sure which one I like more.
Sig attempt #7!

WeaselBandit

Quote from: shadic the ultimate on October 09, 2009, 09:26:21 AM

take this:

aww no fair,
why didn't they just leave the cover alone for the English version?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on October 08, 2009, 11:11:28 AM
*stares*
Cause they made it
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Barc

Quote from: Windlessusher on October 09, 2009, 04:13:07 PM
Cause they made it
and becuse they love tomake us suffer so they can say:"oh yeah nwe are so great because we make the games so you can´t have the true  cover of OUR games"

and i hate them because of that

Gleech

OH I KNOW, RIGHT?!

(No offence, any Japanese people reading this)

But I'm really mad at them for make KH:FM, and KHII:FM+, ONLY for Japan, (And from what I hear) JUST BECAUSE WE GOT 2 BOSSES THEY DIDNT >_>

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Hakudamashi

wow,so they got a few exclusive things for their country only,big deal
Japan still kicks ass
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicDalton

In 2010 there is going to be a new sonic 2D game its said to bring the ratings back up... :)

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicDalton on October 21, 2009, 01:37:57 PM
In 2010 there is going to be a new sonic 2D game its said to bring the ratings back up... :)
don't hold your breathe
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

firesonic101

I am almost 15 years old, and, even though hardly anyone I talk to agrees with me, SONIC IS FRIGGEN AWSOME!!!! he is one of the altime coolest video game heros, and always will be in my opinion. ;D
firesonic101

Chaos Swissroll

There should be more games for Sonic, unless Sega thinks he is no longer their mascot and don't care about him anymore.
And that would SUCK.

S-Sooooonic

:o I...AM...SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: S-Sooooonic on November 08, 2009, 09:54:23 AM
:o I...AM...SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???
Don't spam or I'll fucking grind your head off with a skateboard and do a ollie on your corpse and kickflip on it and then crankflip on your legs with my BMX and cutting them off and I will use my skateboard to stall your arms off and ollie from the top and squish your fucking body.

smbcomix

I'm sick and tired of all the critics out there who criticize gameplay and graphics for a game they only spent maybe fifteen to twenty minutes playing. People are chastising Sonic because they think his games are no fun anymore?? What kind of nonsense is that??

Sonic will not die, at least not in the near future. I'd hate to see the character that inspired me to become a (rather unsuccessful) speed-jogger get sacked and replaced by Alex Kidd. Not that I have anything against Alex Kidd, but c'mon!!

Sonic is still as fun to play as always. He'll always stand in stark contrast to Mario in terms of gameplay. Mario takes it slow and steady as he's going to rescue the princess; Sonic would have beaten him there in something like five minutes, and then met him as he was coming back -- with Bowser's head on a platter and Peach slung over his shoulder. Mario was always about simple side-scrolling action (which has its charms, definitely, or else I wouldn't ever have started playing it), while Sonic is about the adrenaline rush of blind-sighting your foes while doing 750 mph through Green Hill Zone.

As long as people remember what the defining core gameplay is, and not focus too much on minor stuff, any game for any character can be received with a positive air. The same goes for Sonic.

Top THAT, Chet!  ;)

DarkSuperPower

JoeBro387

I remember when I started playing Sonic when I was 10. Had Mega Collection Plus for my birthday and loved it, so I got Sonic Heroes. I actually found that one fun. Then Sonic Riders came out, got it, game glitched out on me and I didn't find it fun enough to do anything about it. (It did give me a good play first.)
Then Sonic 06 came out, and I was all "Uhh, what did they do to Sonic?"

Then Kirby stepped in the way. (Yeah, Kirby. Not Mario like most. Kirby.)

EDIT: Nowait! I remember playing Sonic on my nan's Sega Saturn earlier than that! But it was a demo, so eh. Me and my sister used to play it alot, we'd fight who would be Sonic. I won 66% of the time. (She also liked being Tails, but eh.) T'was fun.
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

Joseppi

No good games since Sonic Adventure 2? That's taking things out of control. The Sonic Rush games were pretty good IMO. And a lot of people loved the Sonic Advance games. A lot of the newer games might not be considered great, but they aren't terrible.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Joseppi on December 17, 2009, 10:03:16 AM
No good games since Sonic Adventure 2? That's taking things out of control. The Sonic Rush games were pretty good IMO. And a lot of people loved the Sonic Advance games. A lot of the newer games might not be considered great, but they aren't terrible.

As a writer of fan fics, I find the plotline very important. And the ones that have come out lately aren't all that great. But I am glad that they're slowly leaning towards Sonamy, which I support 100%. But they need to step things up a notch on the gameplay too.

I love Jesus! Do you?

JoeBro387

Quote from: Joseppi on December 17, 2009, 10:03:16 AM

I loved the Sonic Advance games, and I haven't seen the Sonic Adventures...
I think there's been no good games since Heroes, tbh.
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

jaimie

Quote from: DatzAmorayEX on January 17, 2009, 04:49:39 AM
they could try and make a sa3b maybe but then again that might be going over the top

Conker534

This will suck if sega does this, i will lose all respect for them.  But they do need to step up and build games how they used to!

Xyno76

i'm finally currently playing sonic & the secret rings, and the storyline makes sense, but i think they overdid the storyline... (which a bug number of games are doing these days...)
i hope project needlemouse will have a non-storyline look like sonic 3... a little story, but just enough that it makes sense :O
I don't want a signature yet. I gotta think of a new one first xD

Conker534

WeaselBandit

Quote from: Xyno76 on January 21, 2010, 03:41:12 PM
i'm finally currently playing sonic & the secret rings, and the storyline makes sense, but i think they overdid the storyline... (which a bug number of games are doing these days...)
i hope project needlemouse will have a non-storyline look like sonic 3... a little story, but just enough that it makes sense :O

i agree
  a lot of games these days either go overkill on the action or overboard on the story/ cutscenes and the game end up making no sense.

Sonicispimpyoz

Quote from: WeaselBandit on February 25, 2010, 02:49:06 PM
i agree
  a lot of games these days either go overkill on the action or overboard on the story/ cutscenes and the game end up making no sense.
Mostly cause many can't stick to one main idea, and just make things more complicated when they shouldn't be.

Conker534

Tanassy

ENDragoon

I agree with all of this, exept I belive the sonic francize got a little rejuvination from the release of Shadow the hedgehog, as it gave the gunners amoungst us some hope for the franchize, and the oppourtunity to rampage gave it a lot more appeal.

Also if you just say speed to a fellow gamer they're likely to think of sonic.
Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result. -Tien T'ai-

WeaselBandit

Quote from: Conker534 on March 01, 2010, 12:36:50 PM
sonic is already dead.. :/

if sonic was already dead, then this forum wouldnt be here....

ENDragoon

sonic is still alive, sure, but he is dying a slow death as sega crank out crap like unleashed, and don't continue the storybook series (adventure, adventure 2, heroes, shadow the hedgehog etc).
Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result. -Tien T'ai-

Tanassy

Quote from: ENJACKAL on April 07, 2010, 06:42:11 PM
sonic is still alive, sure, but he is dying a slow death as sega crank out crap like unleashed, and don't continue the storybook series (adventure, adventure 2, heroes, shadow the hedgehog etc).

1- unleashed wasnt crap

2- the story book serie is things like secret rings and black  knight you doof.

there are lots of different series, the adventure storyline (SA's heroes ShTH etc.)
the storybook series (SBK SSR etc)
then the other random ones like 06 and unleashed.
and the classic (STH1,2,3,K)

they should make a new adventure game. ^_^

sth05

Quote from: ENJACKAL on April 07, 2010, 06:42:11 PM
I hope sonic don't die. If sonic died, every sonic fan in the world would either quit and go to Mario or just hope for sonic to be be revived once again. SEGA should create a game good enough to put sonic back on top. If sonic the hedgehog 4 is screwed, then this is their last chance.
One of sonic's best friends. Author and leader of the mystics

chet

wow, i posted this like years ago... and its still alive... sonic 4 better be good, but for some reason i dont think its gonna be a winner...
Your reading my sig
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
O o

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

RedBlastie

Lol when the Sonic games willl go for 20 years more then what? Sonic will be 50 or something and still young?
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Shadowx126 on October 28, 2010, 10:31:02 PM
Lol when the Sonic games willl go for 20 years more then what? Sonic will be 50 or something and still young?

20 + 20 = 50

But, yeah, characters don't age unless the creators want them to. Goku aged, but Mario doesn't.

Ravenfreak

xD Seriously, I don't know if Sonic will last that long... I mean all good things have to come to a end eventually... though it's going to suck once Sega stops making new games. :(

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

knucklesinsonic2.com

all sonic games r ok 2 me i mean they werent bad

silversonic12

I think Sonic is the best and wiil never 'dye' because sega is trying to do better games...UM like Sonic Free Riders ...is so cool ...

Supashadic

You know,I hate to say it guys,I really do,because I've stayed with sonic from when I first knew his games existed,which was around when sonic CD came out,my years arent too good,but I think this may just be it,After sonic 4 and sonic free riders come out,then what is there left? All sage can really do is make sonic the hedgehog 4 episode 2 and then what? What SEGA needs to do is make a game of sonic that will show just how awesome sonic is,maybe a game that isnt rated everyone,but sadly,SEGA thinks sonic is for children,so that's how sonic will stay.

I'll miss ya sonic,this isn't your fault man.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Supashadic on November 08, 2010, 03:31:52 PM
What SEGA needs to do is make a game of sonic that will show just how awesome sonic is,maybe a game that isnt rated everyone,but sadly,SEGA thinks sonic is for children,so that's how sonic will stay.
And just what the f*ck is wrong with making games for children?
Please, enlighten me
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Supashadic on November 08, 2010, 03:31:52 PM
You know,I hate to say it guys,I really do,because I've stayed with sonic from when I first knew his games existed,which was around when sonic CD came out,my years arent too good,but I think this may just be it,After sonic 4 and sonic free riders come out,then what is there left? All sage can really do is make sonic the hedgehog 4 episode 2 and then what? What SEGA needs to do is make a game of sonic that will show just how awesome sonic is,maybe a game that isnt rated everyone,but sadly,SEGA thinks sonic is for children,so that's how sonic will stay.

I'll miss ya sonic,this isn't your fault man.

A game doesn't need to be "macho-manly super-cool sunglasses-during-daytime badass" to be awesome.

e.g. Shadow the Hedgehog.

Supashadic

All im saying is that they could probably make a game that could get a higher rating than E 10+ and theres nothing wrong with it being for children,but then older generations might find it too corny to play

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Supashadic on November 11, 2010, 02:06:07 PM
All im saying is that they could probably make a game that could get a higher rating than E 10+ and theres nothing wrong with it being for children,but then older generations might find it too corny to play
Or not. You can make a game for kids without pandering to them. It's like a Pixar movie compared to a Dreamworks movie. Pixar will make a movie like Up, which is a kids movie that is very enjoyable for adults as well, and in no way treats the audience like sheep. Dreamworks on the other hand will make something like Megamind, which again is a kids movie, but does NOTHING but pander to children. Anyone over the age of 11 will groan at every line of dialogue and will be able to say how it will end without even watching it. Both are for kids, and kids will like both, but only the smart one will succeed in being enjoyed by people outside of the target audience.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on November 11, 2010, 03:42:00 PM
Or not. You can make a game for kids without pandering to them. It's like a Pixar movie compared to a Dreamworks movie. Pixar will make a movie like Up, which is a kids movie that is very enjoyable for adults as well, and in no way treats the audience like sheep. Dreamworks on the other hand will make something like Megamind, which again is a kids movie, but does NOTHING but pander to children. Anyone over the age of 11 will groan at every line of dialogue and will be able to say how it will end without even watching it. Both are for kids, and kids will like both, but only the smart one will succeed in being enjoyed by people outside of the target audience.
This
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on November 11, 2010, 03:42:00 PM
Very nicely said..

connerpeel

:-\ Omg that's so gay. Why would they take out Sonic...He's the best.I love like all of his games.If Sonic Retired i would cry.He is too amazing.I could just type bout him 24/7. But ya know what.Even if he did retire we still have his games.And everything about him. Will be know and we can pass it on to our childern of our best games that we played. Best games=Every Sonic and pOkemon Game!

chet

wow, i never thought this post would get so many replies... i posted it back when i was just a little peanut!!! ahah!
Your reading my sig
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
O o

badgersaur

... eh.. his new games are pretty bad.. i mean, i had one little scratch on my SONIC THE HEDGEHOG game disk, and it screwed up my whole game. the whole game!!!

SoulReaver

Quote from: badgersaur on February 28, 2011, 01:19:43 PM
... eh.. his new games are pretty bad.. i mean, i had one little scratch on my SONIC THE HEDGEHOG game disk, and it screwed up my whole game. the whole game!!!
ikr i liked his old games, sonic unleashed is ok but the werewolf killed it

Supersonic196

Quote from: badgersaur on February 28, 2011, 01:19:43 PM
sooooooo, you're rating the quality of Sonic06 on the disc? That game sucks btw and you shouldn't own it.

Sonic123

100 posts is everyones goal on this fourm... no one seems to care about anything..

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sonic123 on February 28, 2011, 09:14:11 PM
Sonic is like 19 or 20 now.... :D
Does that mean this topic is 5 yrs old?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

WeildSonic64

I think i hope i know ..
and i want SEGA Launching new Sonic series!!!
i want see Hedgehog in ACTION again..!!!!!

Ultramariologan

Wow, that's sad.

:-[ :-[ WHY YOU PEOPLE, WHY!!!  :-[ :-[

Unhappy

Quote from: Super Empra on January 24, 2009, 12:39:44 PM
I hope it doesn't have controls like the secret rings.

They are way better...

Sonic will live forever, but on a side note when are we going to see a Tails game...

Ultramariologan

Quote from: Tsuruneru on June 21, 2011, 05:02:02 PM
He's still alive don't give up.

I know he's alive. I was talking about the people.

SmashFinale

He's not 15 anymore, he's a man in his twenties now.

epicwinning

this reminds me of rare ware and how ever since its big switch to microsoft they are at an end of games

tehhocktuck

He is not going to retire and I believe in him