is unleashed going to bring back sonic???

Started by chet, January 06, 2009, 02:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

i read this on wikipedia:

Initial anticipation when the first media for Unleashed was revealed was high, as the demonstration videos hinted at a possible return of Sonic to his traditional platforming roots, especially after the decrease in the series' popularity and critical success after Sonic's transition to three-dimensional gameplay,[16] and a number of poorly received titles in the franchise that preceded it, such as Shadow the Hedgehog and the 2006 game, Sonic the Hedgehog. However, critical reception to Unleashed has been mixed, with Metacritic aggregate scores of 56, 60 and 66 out of 100 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions respectively.[64][62][63] The added element of motion controls for the Werehog sections, as well as text-based hub worlds and better Werehog level design and camera system, were reasons cited for the higher review scores for the Wii version of the game;[56][19] rarely, some review websites, such as 1UP, gave the Wii version a lower score than its 360/PS3 counterparts.[15][54]

Positive elements of Unleashed remarked upon by reviews include the environments, such as the "postcard-perfect architecture",[15] and the graphics, with stages looking "absolutely gorgeous"[15] and being "very pretty and lovingly animated",[21] with one reviewer comparing them to a playable Pixar film.[26] Praise was given to the technical competence of Sega's new Hedgehog Engine as a whole on the Xbox 360 version, with "bright cartoonish graphics that fly by without a stutter";[56] however, some complaints were raised about frame rate reduction when large numbers of enemies appeared during the Werehog sections.[65] Although the Wii and PlayStation 2 versions do not use the Hedgehog Engine, graphics for these platforms were still praised for their high quality,[20] with the title being nominated for Best Graphics Technology for the Wii by IGN in its 2008 video game awards.[66] The soundtrack to the game was also praised as being an improvement on more recent installments in the series;[20] use of an orchestral score, rather than rock as in more recent games, was appreciated.[21]

An almost universally strong negative reaction was given by critics to the Werehog concept and corresponding night-time sections, which contributed greatly to the lower than expected review scores. Complaints stemmed from the game's change of speed, from high-speed daytime sections to the slower, night-time sections; the "pace-breaking combat levels"[26] were described as "plodding",[56] as well as "lethargic" and "combat-heavy".[15] Further to the change of pace, the new style of gameplay that accompanies the night-time levels was widely criticised, involving "frustrating" platform elements[56] and combat described as not "terribly interesting"[67] and "boring",[56] with "awkward" action sequences overall.[25] Some reviewers felt that the Werehog as a concept did not mix well with the daylight areas and traditional Sonic gameplay; GamePro's review described them as "dreadfully out-of-place",[25] while IGN stated that they have "nothing to do with Sonic whatsoever", feeling that the Werehog was "being slapped on" to the Sonic experience.[60]

In stark contrast to the Werehog sections, many reviewers found the daytime levels to be enjoyable, especially the "exhilarating"[15] sense of speed they provide; with "the most satisfying gameplay of any Sonic title in years",[25] the game "perfectly [captures] the feel of classic Sonic".[25] Many also enjoyed the mixture of, and transition between, 2D and 3D sections.[26] Indeed, many reviewers remarked that they would have appreciated the game more had it comprised solely of, and expanded upon, the daytime levels.[15][65][56] GameSpot's review for the Xbox 360 version however argued that the controls were "unresponsive in the daytime levels, and that most of them were "horribly designed".[57] The Wii version was considered a "vastly superior experience", with the new daytime levels praised for better control and design.[58]

Aside from the criticism of Werehog levels, further aspects of the game were criticised, contributing to the low review scores. The quests that players must undertake in hub-towns were described as "inane"[15] and "tedious",[56] where "figuring out what happens next involves aimlessly wandering through towns and speaking to citizens, only to discover that most of them don't know what we're looking for".[65] The story and overall tone of the game, including the new character Chip, were criticised,[65] some remarking that it was too juvenile,[21] or comparable to that of a Saturday morning cartoon.[15] Some reviewers also felt that the voice acting for characters was poor.[56][67][27]

well what do you think??? WILL SU bring back sonic??? only time will tell
P.S. WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY DO PEOPLE KEEP ON -1 KARMAING ME!!!!!!!!
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

Hakudamashi

No,SU is not gonna do it -_-,too many unfair reviews,and too many whiny ppl
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I can already hear it now...

*new Sonic game announced*

"This next Sonic game is gonna bring back Sonic for sure!"

Oh god, make it stop!

Shadow84786

Sonic Unleashed didn't bring Sonic back Sega doesn't care if Sonic Sucks

Super Empra

The daytime stages in sonic unleashed have put the speed back into sonic.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

NeoMetalSonic

*sighs* hopefully SABK will do it. And if it doesn't. Hopefully it doesn't come to this but. If Sega ends it. Sayanara...Sonic, the Hedgehog. (But I want the series to stay alive and hopefully Sega will come to it's senses and revive him. They just can't let Mario win. I hope Sega doesn't end the series, but sell it to another company. *Glances at My Wii* But Sonic should always be made in Sega soil.

EliteDrkLrd

i think a sonic adventure 3 (with a CHAO garden) would bring back sonic if they had the game play of sa2 but with adventure fields like in sa1

my website banner that i made visit my website today: http://www.eliteshacks.webs.com/

DARKZAY

Quote from: chet on January 06, 2009, 02:32:41 PM
i read this on wikipedia:

Initial anticipation when the first media for Unleashed was revealed was high, as the demonstration videos hinted at a possible return of Sonic to his traditional platforming roots, especially after the decrease in the series' popularity and critical success after Sonic's transition to three-dimensional gameplay,[16] and a number of poorly received titles in the franchise that preceded it, such as Shadow the Hedgehog and the 2006 game, Sonic the Hedgehog. However, critical reception to Unleashed has been mixed, with Metacritic aggregate scores of 56, 60 and 66 out of 100 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions respectively.[64][62][63] The added element of motion controls for the Werehog sections, as well as text-based hub worlds and better Werehog level design and camera system, were reasons cited for the higher review scores for the Wii version of the game;[56][19] rarely, some review websites, such as 1UP, gave the Wii version a lower score than its 360/PS3 counterparts.[15][54]

Positive elements of Unleashed remarked upon by reviews include the environments, such as the "postcard-perfect architecture",[15] and the graphics, with stages looking "absolutely gorgeous"[15] and being "very pretty and lovingly animated",[21] with one reviewer comparing them to a playable Pixar film.[26] Praise was given to the technical competence of Sega's new Hedgehog Engine as a whole on the Xbox 360 version, with "bright cartoonish graphics that fly by without a stutter";[56] however, some complaints were raised about frame rate reduction when large numbers of enemies appeared during the Werehog sections.[65] Although the Wii and PlayStation 2 versions do not use the Hedgehog Engine, graphics for these platforms were still praised for their high quality,[20] with the title being nominated for Best Graphics Technology for the Wii by IGN in its 2008 video game awards.[66] The soundtrack to the game was also praised as being an improvement on more recent installments in the series;[20] use of an orchestral score, rather than rock as in more recent games, was appreciated.[21]

An almost universally strong negative reaction was given by critics to the Werehog concept and corresponding night-time sections, which contributed greatly to the lower than expected review scores. Complaints stemmed from the game's change of speed, from high-speed daytime sections to the slower, night-time sections; the "pace-breaking combat levels"[26] were described as "plodding",[56] as well as "lethargic" and "combat-heavy".[15] Further to the change of pace, the new style of gameplay that accompanies the night-time levels was widely criticised, involving "frustrating" platform elements[56] and combat described as not "terribly interesting"[67] and "boring",[56] with "awkward" action sequences overall.[25] Some reviewers felt that the Werehog as a concept did not mix well with the daylight areas and traditional Sonic gameplay; GamePro's review described them as "dreadfully out-of-place",[25] while IGN stated that they have "nothing to do with Sonic whatsoever", feeling that the Werehog was "being slapped on" to the Sonic experience.[60]

In stark contrast to the Werehog sections, many reviewers found the daytime levels to be enjoyable, especially the "exhilarating"[15] sense of speed they provide; with "the most satisfying gameplay of any Sonic title in years",[25] the game "perfectly [captures] the feel of classic Sonic".[25] Many also enjoyed the mixture of, and transition between, 2D and 3D sections.[26] Indeed, many reviewers remarked that they would have appreciated the game more had it comprised solely of, and expanded upon, the daytime levels.[15][65][56] GameSpot's review for the Xbox 360 version however argued that the controls were "unresponsive in the daytime levels, and that most of them were "horribly designed".[57] The Wii version was considered a "vastly superior experience", with the new daytime levels praised for better control and design.[58]

Aside from the criticism of Werehog levels, further aspects of the game were criticised, contributing to the low review scores. The quests that players must undertake in hub-towns were described as "inane"[15] and "tedious",[56] where "figuring out what happens next involves aimlessly wandering through towns and speaking to citizens, only to discover that most of them don't know what we're looking for".[65] The story and overall tone of the game, including the new character Chip, were criticised,[65] some remarking that it was too juvenile,[21] or comparable to that of a Saturday morning cartoon.[15] Some reviewers also felt that the voice acting for characters was poor.[56][67][27]

well what do you think??? WILL SU bring back sonic??? only time will tell
P.S. WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY DO PEOPLE KEEP ON -1 KARMAING ME!!!!!!!!

You should sometimes never trust wikipedia.  Its not what you see.  What you like and don't like is all a matter of opinion.
For me i love the game the speedruns i am brilliant i have the fastest speedrun record on youtube... I think. 

coalrocky

i actually think unleash can bring sonic back. the game looks good and way better than the last few games. If they work on the werehog a bit more, sonic should be in a good position.
MOOO

skyrus5150

yea i think so cuz the games awsum thru the videos i saw:) :)

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

chet

i just wish the reviews werent so unfair. its a good game!!!! >:(
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

NeoMetalSonic

If there was NO werehog. It probably would have

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Shadow84786

Quote from: jonXjon on March 12, 2009, 11:14:14 AM
If there was NO werehog. It probably would have
You mean if there was less night stages and more day stages.