Started by Skyle369, August 07, 2010, 03:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Lucyfied on January 24, 2011, 09:20:04 AM
Its supossed to be

Handheld < Console
not
Console < Handheld

The Wii is gonna be a product thats gonna age very bad- simply because it was already outdated back in '06.
PSP?
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Jazz Nova on January 24, 2011, 12:30:01 PM
Sir, we're talking in comparison to Wii.
Everything is stronger than a Wii
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jazz Nova

Tanassy

Quote from: Lucyfied on January 24, 2011, 09:20:04 AM
Its supossed to be

Handheld < Console
not
Console < Handheld

The Wii is gonna be a product thats gonna age very bad- simply because it was already outdated back in '06.
The Wii's aging fine. And the Console>Handheld thing is NOT a rule. After four years ALOT has changed.
And there's no point in releasing a new home console.

Quote from: windlessusher on January 24, 2011, 12:36:46 PM
Everything is stronger than a Wii
You, my friend. Are misunderstood. Go google the hardware specs of the Wii.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Tenacious BloodFury~ on January 24, 2011, 04:41:08 PM
The Wii's aging fine. And the Console>Handheld thing is NOT a rule. After four years ALOT has changed.
And there's no point in releasing a new home console.

But the Wii is simply not up to snuff for this console generation. It lacks features and capabilities that should be standard at this point. It isn't HD. You can't play DVDs, even though the thing has a DVD drive. Does that mean its bad? No. Does that mean it could be better? Yes.

I think maybe a Wii+ should be released. Not completely new hardware, but an upgrade. DVD playback. HD video. You wouldn't need an entire new system to do that.

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 24, 2011, 06:15:04 PM
But the Wii is simply not up to snuff for this console generation. It lacks features and capabilities that should be standard at this point. It isn't HD. You can't play DVDs, even though the thing has a DVD drive. Does that mean its bad? No. Does that mean it could be better? Yes.

I think maybe a Wii+ should be released. Not completely new hardware, but an upgrade. DVD playback. HD video. You wouldn't need an entire new system to do that.
It isn't needed. You don't NEED DVD playback. You don't NEED HD video. You're thinking too much tech and not enough idea.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Tenacious BloodFury~ on January 24, 2011, 06:20:35 PM
It isn't needed. You don't NEED DVD playback. You don't NEED HD video. You're thinking too much tech and not enough idea.

You're right. As a gaming machine, you don't need it. And it serves that purpose fine. I have a Wii and I've been playing it a lot lately. But you have to think about what the average consumer wants. Your average gamer is concerned with two things after "can it play games?" 1) how good are the graphics? and 2) what else can it do?

From a sales standpoint, the Wii has dipped a lot lately. Adding new features would certainly help out. Heck, they should be able to allow DVD playback with a free system update, since softmodding can pull it off easily enough. Or put it on the Shop Channel and sell it.

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 24, 2011, 06:28:15 PM
You're right. As a gaming machine, you don't need it. And it serves that purpose fine. I have a Wii and I've been playing it a lot lately. But you have to think about what the average consumer wants. Your average gamer is concerned with two things after "can it play games?" 1) how good are the graphics? and 2) what else can it do?

From a sales standpoint, the Wii has dipped a lot lately. Adding new features would certainly help out. Heck, they should be able to allow DVD playback with a system update, since softmodding can pull it off easily enough.
They could do that, but I can't see myself ever using the Wii to play DVD's.

Supersonic196

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 24, 2011, 06:15:04 PM

call me crazy, but i bought my gaming to play games, not watch dvds.
the netflix channel does that nicely.

hd would be nice :)
and some more proscessing power.

i'm happy with the library, but hd would make all the better, and open new oportunities for third parties.

Tanassy

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 24, 2011, 06:35:48 PM
call me crazy, but i bought my gaming to play games, not watch dvds.
the netflix channel does that nicely.

hd would be nice :)
and some more proscessing power.

i'm happy with the library, but hd would make all the better, and open new oportunities for third parties.
Excuse me for this but..
The 360 and PS3 don't even play most games in HD, it's called upscaling.
Some games, yes. But with new tech coming out, even they can't handle it. They aren't even playing in HD.

And also, 196, I totally agree. Advancements are welcome, and nice. But I bought my console for games, and the games I play on it are wonderful.

Hakudamashi

Soo, is a Sonic game coming on the 3DS?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

According to Sega, yes.
And all these things