What anime are you focusing on right now?

Started by Skyle369, July 02, 2010, 06:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on November 05, 2015, 11:36:21 AM
is the anime is this a zombie like high school of the dead or something different.
It's about a dude who got stabbed by a serial killer while trying to save a woman from him, he then got ressurected by a cute necromancer. After some time he accidentally stole the powers of a magical girl, turning him into one making his weird life even weirder. It's a funny show, I reccomend it.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on November 06, 2015, 12:23:48 AM
It's about a dude who got stabbed by a serial killer while trying to save a woman from him, he then got ressurected by a cute necromancer. After some time he accidentally stole the powers of a magical girl, turning him into one making his weird life even weirder. It's a funny show, I reccomend it.

oh so the guy turns into a girl after being ressurected wow thats kinda fucked up

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on November 06, 2015, 07:30:29 AM
oh so the guy turns into a girl after being ressurected wow thats kinda fucked up
No, that's the plot of another anime...
I suck at explaing stuff, so here's a review:

Ioshyriku

Started watching Noragami Aragoto, this season came faster than I expected it to be.
The opening is not as cool as the first one but the style is still there.
The animation seems to have taken a step back though, but that might be just my immagination.
Also Yato's voice sounds different, I hope his VA is not sick or anything.
It also seems that Lotus Joice isn't performing in it anymore.

Also, compared to season 1, this one is quite depressing, it still has some funny scenese here and there but the FEELS are overcoming them.

lozphx

Akame Ga Kill is a really neat show that has alot of action and supprises

Ioshyriku

Currently watching the first part of Digimon Adventure Tri, saw the first two episodes but I'll watch the other two tomorrow (it's sort of a tradition to me to watch Digimon on our national day - 1st of December).
I like it so far, it's really well animated, especially the action scenes, very colourfull and the shading's quite nice as well, although something feels weird about the way they are drawn.
Other than that... it's Digimon, there is nothing else I can say without praising the heck out of it.
Child me is back, baby!
I also screamed like a happy little girl when Agumon evolved with the same song they used in the original series.

EDIT:

Finished it, it was pretty awesome, but I think it would work much better as an actual series than a film.
Can't wait to see the next part.

Ioshyriku

Finished Is This a Zombie?, it was fun, the second season (Of The Dead) seemed more concentrated on the humor and, story-wise feels a bit unfinished (makes sense since it ended in 2011, while the manga ended in 2013 and the light novel ended this year - I might give them a try someday), but it was a fun journey.

Started watching Samurai Champloo, directed by the same person in charge of Cowboy Bebop, and it's pretty damn awesome, I'm currently at episode 7.

Ioshyriku

Remember when I said that I finished the first season of Noragami in a weekend, well the same happened with Birdy the Mighty Decode, the show was pretty funny, then it got interesting, then more interesting, then the plot thickened and became darker and finished with a happy ending. It was really good I recommend it to anyone who likes odd but fun slice of life science fiction stories.
I also finished One Punch Man, it was awesome, I hope it gets a second season.

Skyle369

Oh god, this topic is almost 6 years old and alive.

I'm following Dragon Ball Super, One Piece, and Haikyuu!! right now.

RazoRTR

Planetes, 14 episodes left. After that, I'll start watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

Ioshyriku

Movies:
-Porco Rosso
-Kiki's Delivery Service
Me describing them would be a disservice, I suggest watching Doug Walker's Disneycember review of them, but it would be better if you watched them.

Series:
-"Gyakkyō Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor"; to tell you the truth I only started watching it because I like the art style, but the show itself is really cool, even though it's about gambling.
-"Shimoneta - A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist"; I started watching it just for how ridiculous the concept is. Another hilarious pervy-comedy made by J.C. Staff. It's not as sexual as Prison School, but I suggest wearing headphones or watching it when you're home alone since... there are..... noises.
EDIT: I was wrong, Prison School only had fanservice and the only sexual stuff is a ton of chapters in the manga after the plot of the anime, this on the other hand has a girl trying to feed the MC her p**sy juice in the 4th episode... so yeah..... but it's still pretty hilarious.
-"Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation", colour me impressed, the show is actually pretty good, a bit confusing on the direction it's trying to take, but decent nonetheless. It even taught me some things about the game itself.
-I also tried watching "WataMote", but it was too painful I couldn't even finish the first episode.
There are a few more, but I need to watch more of them to understand what they are about.

NiGHTSfan

Ioshyriku

I think Wikipedia's description about the main character says it all:
QuoteThe main character. Tomoko is often depicted as a desperate, lonely, and deranged girl who is characterized by her social anxiety and vivid facial expressions. She has a grim outlook on life, as most of her thoughts involve insulting others or herself. She spends most of her days playing otome games and browsing the web.

Elija2

Quote from: Ioshyriku on February 17, 2016, 07:56:27 PM

I didn't know they made an anime about jkid. No wonder you couldn't finish it!

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on February 17, 2016, 07:56:27 PM

The main character. Tomoko is often depicted as a desperate, lonely, and deranged girl who is characterized by her social anxiety and vivid facial expressions. She has a grim outlook on life, as most of her thoughts involve insulting others or herself. She spends most of her days playing otome games and browsing the web.

lol thats the strangest anime girl ive ever heard of