Legendary Godzilla

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 06, 2010, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

I am SO excited for this, you dont even know.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

I was very disappointed. The middle... hour drags like hell. the beginning and ending are great though.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 20, 2014, 03:33:19 PM
I was very disappointed. The middle... hour drags like hell. the beginning and ending are great though.

Well, if you expected Pacific Rim. Yer fault, yo.

I have just seen 'Godzilla'. First of all: awful cine-audience - talking, laughing, smartphones, ugh...

As for the Movie: Surprisingly awesome. I expected something the likes of Pacific Rim, but no, its a genuinely good movie. Acting was superb by all parties. Watanabe, Johnson and Cranston were amazing. CGI was great and the soundtrack was unique and pumping. The Movie is full with homages to past Japanese Godzilla Flicks, Jurassic Park and, yes, even Emmerichs Godzilla. Its great! The pacing is fantastic as well and really dig the more 'realisitc' take on these superpowered monsters. Thr first time you see Godzilla full-scale... Wow. It was so epic. I havent seen a movie pull of 'Epic' of this level since... Camerons Avatar. The action is fantastic and never feels... Overdone like in Transformers or The Avengers. And there is no dumb sequel-bait ending.

The dialogue is surprisingly simple, yet feels really... Real. Some of the lines come over so awesome that you cant help but to simply go 'Yeah!' or fist-bump. The scene from the trailer where Watanabe says 'Let them fight!'? Just wow.

This was a true Godzilla Flick. This is how most of them are, just more "grounded".

TheGameNinja

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 21, 2014, 09:19:40 AM
Well, if you expected Pacific Rim. Yer fault, yo.

I wasn't exactly. But I think they teased the fights way too much. The last straw was when that one fight started and the doors closed in front of the camera. The 2nd act of this movie needed that action. Everything up until Cranston dies and everything after they get to California is great. But, man, that second act. If they'd had one small fight to break it up or just a bit less of the talking then it would have been fine.

It was alright. High hopes for the sequel.

Hakudamashi

What I hear about this movie is too much people, not enough Godzilla.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 21, 2014, 09:51:12 AM
I wasn't exactly. But I think they teased the fights way too much. The last straw was when that one fight started and the doors closed in front of the camera. The 2nd act of this movie needed that action. Everything up until Cranston dies and everything after they get to California is great. But, man, that second act. If they'd had one small fight to break it up or just a bit less of the talking then it would have been fine.

It was alright. High hopes for the sequel.

But that was kinda the directors' intention. He said he wanted to recreate the feeling of Jurassic Park, Jaws and yes, the original Godzilla where you wont get to see the full thing until the very end.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Yeah.

It's more like Godzilla 1954, Godzilla 1985, Godzilla 2000, Godzilla X Mechagodzilla than the other Godzilla films.

Hey wait... those where all Godzilla reboots.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 22, 2014, 03:54:24 AM
But that was kinda the directors' intention. He said he wanted to recreate the feeling of Jurassic Park, Jaws and yes, the original Godzilla where you wont get to see the full thing until the very end.

I understand that. But the second there's that one pan up, and you know the one I'm talking about, that shows Godzilla from his feet up and he gives that huge amazing roar is when they lost that element of fearing the unknown. From that point on, you know what he is, what he looks like, and what he's capable of. It's about the same point in Jurassic Park when the movie shows it's hand, but in that movie you keep seeing dinosaurs after that point. In this movie, they cut away and you don't see Godzilla again for another half hour. Like I said, one fight, even a small one, in that second act would have made this movie a lot better. But, as it is, it's pretty good. As long as you don't fall asleep in the middle.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on May 23, 2014, 01:33:20 PM
I understand that. But the second there's that one pan up, and you know the one I'm talking about, that shows Godzilla from his feet up and he gives that huge amazing roar is when they lost that element of fearing the unknown. From that point on, you know what he is, what he looks like, and what he's capable of. It's about the same point in Jurassic Park when the movie shows it's hand, but in that movie you keep seeing dinosaurs after that point. In this movie, they cut away and you don't see Godzilla again for another half hour. Like I said, one fight, even a small one, in that second act would have made this movie a lot better. But, as it is, it's pretty good. As long as you don't fall asleep in the middle.

To be fair, theres all this other stuff going on with the MUTOs and the Brody's.
Sure, it isnt a fist fight, but it's not like the movie stopped dead and slowed down to a crawl.

There was still a lot going on. But, I see your point.

shadowDOESrock

So, yeah, it's out on BluRay / Netflix. Check it out if you're interested.