Virus Epidemics && Bioterrorism?

Started by Dracoslythe, February 24, 2010, 01:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoslythe

I just got done reading the book Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney, and it struck me hard like ice water in the face.

In the book, this kid finds scabs of Variola Major (Smallpox) victims from the 1902 Boston smallpox epidemic, and accidentally breathes them in (after making the dumbass move of messing with them), and he's worried that he might be getting it, and there's no cure; he hadn't been vaccinated either.  Then on top of that, he'd kidnapped by a bioterrorist group who claims "you will kill your own people, we will dance in your streets," who had planned on using him to infect the rest of Manhattan with Smallpox.  (But thankfully, in the end, he didn't get Smallpox, AND he killed the terrorists by locking them in a basement and fucking around with the furnace, causing them to die of carbon dioxide poisoning.  xD)

What if there was a virus that'd been controlled, but suddenly broke out again?
And do you think bioterrorists would be all over it like Al Queda on a bomb?

To be honest, it's a very scary and realistic thought.
Just reading that book made me shudder.  @-@

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Yeah, that would really suck if, say, the bacteria Yersinia pestis which is likely the cause of the Black Death came back and-

FUCK!

JetTheHawk

Quote from: Dracoslythe on February 24, 2010, 01:39:24 PM
I just got done reading the book Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney, and it struck me hard like ice water in the face.

In the book, this kid finds scabs of Variola Major (Smallpox) victims from the 1902 Boston smallpox epidemic, and accidentally breathes them in (after making the dumbass move of messing with them), and he's worried that he might be getting it, and there's no cure; he hadn't been vaccinated either.  Then on top of that, he'd kidnapped by a bioterrorist group who claims "you will kill your own people, we will dance in your streets," who had planned on using him to infect the rest of Manhattan with Smallpox.  (But thankfully, in the end, he didn't get Smallpox, AND he killed the terrorists by locking them in a basement and fucking around with the furnace, causing them to die of carbon dioxide poisoning.  xD)

What if there was a virus that'd been controlled, but suddenly broke out again?
And do you think bioterrorists would be all over it like Al Queda on a bomb?

To be honest, it's a very scary and realistic thought.
Just reading that book made me shudder.  @-@
o.o cba to read all that but... i can tell that sounds bad
NO SIGNATURE

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Hank J Wimbleton on February 24, 2010, 01:51:08 PM
o.o cba to read all that but... i can tell that sounds bad
basically this kid thinks he has a dead disease
and terrorists kidnap him, thinking he'll kill his own people.

TailsLover2010

Holy crap on a stick. john was live while this was posted
-No advertising in signature, please.