IE8 Crashing Hype

Started by Ryltohn, December 16, 2010, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryltohn

So IE8 came out about a year ago..and its the last one that will ever grace XP computers again.
*moment of silence*

Now, when it came out, there was this big hype about how terrible it was and how it was more of a testing browser and it crashed so much this and crashed so much that.

Well, I have it. and I've had it for a wile. And its DARN TOOTIN GOOD. Even better than IE7 may I add. So why the hype?
All your bass are belong to me

Tanassy

It's sucks lao-shan balls. End of story, kthnxbai.

Seriously, Firefox, opera, netscape, chrome, whatever floats ya boat. ITS BETTER THAN IE.

Ryltohn

we all know that DF. Its a known fact. Piut it this way: IT SBETTER THAN IE7.

Super Sonic Boom

3 words for Vista and 7 users:

INTERNET EXPLORER 9

(Sucks for XP users but that's what happens when they want to continue on with the 7 series instead of the XP one)

Ryltohn

SSB no fair! whats changed?

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: GTCharizard on December 17, 2010, 04:08:04 AM
SSB no fair! whats changed?

First of all it's a beta so it's a work in progress, the interface is sleeker now and not all bunched up.
The search bar on the right has been combined with the area where you can type in URL's and the tabs have been moved to where that search bar use to be. I still experience occasional freezing but not as bad sometimes as IE8, but it's a beta so they are still working out the kinks on it. IE9 is getting better FPS where you would have the page refreshing alot on IE8 and changing text sizes in the browser are a bit more smoother now (but I have not see it personally happen to me yet in IE9).

Tanassy

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on December 17, 2010, 04:49:55 AM
First of all it's a beta so it's a work in progress, the interface is sleeker now and not all bunched up.
The search bar on the right has been combined with the area where you can type in URL's and the tabs have been moved to where that search bar use to be. I still experience occasional freezing but not as bad sometimes as IE8, but it's a beta so they are still working out the kinks on it. IE9 is getting better FPS where you would have the page refreshing alot on IE8 and changing text sizes in the browser are a bit more smoother now (but I have not see it personally happen to me yet in IE9).

That barely brings it up to standard.. Besides I'm never leaving firefox mainly because of the useful addons I have.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Deathwing~ on December 17, 2010, 10:23:08 AM
That barely brings it up to standard.. Besides I'm never leaving firefox mainly because of the useful addons I have.

...And thus why it is a beta...