"Entirely New" Pokemon Series Coming This Year (to Japan at least)

Started by TheGameNinja, January 28, 2010, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

http://kotaku.com/5459349/entirely-new-pokemon-series-coming-this-year

Says it will have new Pokemon in it. I wonder how many new ones they'll bring out, since there's already just about 500. I remember back when it was just 150, and THAT seemed like a daunting task. Nowadays you can get that many different Pokemon just playing through the story.
I've never felt old before... thank you, Pokemon... I guess...

powersonic

TheGameNinja

Quote from: powersonic on January 30, 2010, 04:00:23 PM
its heart gold and soul Silver DUMB >:(
NO. HeartGold and SoulSilver are ALREADY out in Japan. Did you even read the article? These are NEW games that aren't out yet. New info is supposed to come out in the next issue of CoroCoro Magazine in Japan, but they might say something on the next Pokemon Sunday episode.

NiGHTS

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 28, 2010, 08:05:18 PM

Says it will have new Pokemon in it. I wonder how many new ones they'll bring out, since there's already just about 500. I remember back when it was just 150, and THAT seemed like a daunting task. Nowadays you can get that many different Pokemon just playing through the story.

so many pokemon @.@ the first lot were so the coolest >:U pokemon yellow and being stalked by a pikachu and owning the first series just by getting a nidoking FTW

ChaosDazer

Quote from: NiGHTS on January 31, 2010, 03:25:14 AM
so many pokemon @.@ the first lot were so the coolest >:U pokemon yellow and being stalked by a pikachu and owning the first series just by getting a nidoking FTW
Nidoking was my bumchum.

:3
witty sig caption

Fiamonder

Ugh, MORE Pokémon? I thought that the 4th one was the end, since the last Pokémon, number 493 if im right, is the God of all Pokémon's. These Pokémon should be some bonus ones, like new evolutions or something.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Fiamonder10 on January 31, 2010, 10:51:41 AM
Ugh, MORE Pokémon? I thought that the 4th one was the end, since the last Pokémon, number 493 if im right, is the God of all Pokémon's. These Pokémon should be some bonus ones, like new evolutions or something.
That may very well be the case. That's what I've been thinking, at any rate. All that has been said is that the games are an "entirely new RPG series," that they're on the DS, that they're supposed to be out in Japan this year, and that they will contain new Pokemon. They didn't say how many new Pokemon. I wouldn't mind a pre-evolution or two before Kangaskhan myself. Rumor is, the next episode of Pokemon Sunday will have some information, but the next issue of CoroCoro Magazine is going to have some kind of information on the games.

Jazz Nova

I've heard of this...
Its supposed to be a 5th gen
There are soon going to be too many pokemon (and I thought 300 something was bad...)

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 28, 2010, 08:05:18 PM

lol!
(maybe... nvm)
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

TheGameNinja

http://serebii.net/generation5/

Pokemon Sunday had Jun'ichi Masuda (who works on the Pokemon games) on, and he showed off the silhouette of a new Pokemon, 5th generation. It is supposedly the "Z" in the new movie, "Phantom Champion Z."

EDIT: Better quality picture added to replace the old one.

Jazz Nova

TheGameNinja

Quote from: ice the fox on February 07, 2010, 12:42:53 PM
COOL!!
will these be in pokemon ranger 3?
I don't think so. It's for a new game in the main series.

Jazz Nova

TheGameNinja

Quote from: ice the fox on February 09, 2010, 03:35:25 AM
yeah...
I just found out from project pokemon  :-\
look
project pokemon 5th gen!
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. :3

New picture! :o

Next issue of CoroCoro comes out on Feb. 15, so we should get some more info then.

Fiamonder

Looks like a fusion between Lucario, Carnivine, Pidgeotto and... damn you Nintendo. WHY A 5TH GENERATION.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: Fiamonder10 on February 09, 2010, 10:39:35 AM
Looks like a fusion between Lucario, Carnivine, Pidgeotto and... damn you Nintendo. WHY A 5TH GENERATION.
yeah...
It's going to be HELL capturing all those pokemon.
at least i only have to memorize the new pokemon...