The Red Ring of Death

Started by TheGameNinja, January 28, 2010, 10:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

I got it AGAIN today. FOR THE THIRD TIME! >:( And my warranty ran out already!! I just got Mass Effect 2, too. :'( I think this time it's actually my power supply, so maybe I can get a new one and that fix it, but if not I might just get a new 360. $100 for repairs that are ENTIRELY Microsoft's fault is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, feel free to discuss your issues with this.

The first time I got the RRoD I had plugged my 360 into a karaoke machine. ::) I wanted to know if I could play on that little black and white screen. But, no. You can't. Don't try. At least it was under warranty then. :-\

Fiamonder

Oh god, the RRoD.. i once had it, but i fixed it myself by kicking it.

..no really, it worked by itself again after starting it up some times.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

NiGHTS

oh the joys of having one of the newer xbox's where the bugs where fixed <3 lulz

but yea my uncle got the red ring about 6 times before they finally gave him a new xbox >.>

every case of it ive heard was due to a problem with the fan :/ but then most people i know dont stop playing their xbox's >.>

TheGameNinja

Well, I got a new power supply and the thing seems to be working fine. I'm sure it's just a matter of time until it breaks down for real again, though. :-\

ChaosDazer

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the fan.
I barely play my Xbox, so yeah.
witty sig caption

Hakudamashi

Microsoft sux anyway
I stick with Sony
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sonicispimpyoz

Got a 360. Rrod occurred. Traded it with my friend for his PS3. I am now happy.:)

Ioshyriku

why are they releaseing a console that get's broken so many times?

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Ioshyro-man on March 12, 2010, 09:33:00 AM
why are they releaseing a console that get's broken so many times?
Because Microsoft wanted to be the first to come out with a new console. They were first, so they, logically, would have the greater install base. But then the Wii came out and nullified that. And PS3 might have well just come out last year, since that's when they started pushing games out for it.

This rant has been brought to you by the letter C.

Oh yeah, pushing the console out that fast meant they didn't have enough time to test it thoroughly. Thus, the older consoles Red Ring all the time and the newer ones don't.

Fiamonder

I buyed my 360 in 2006, got the red ring in.. 2008? And it's 2010 now, and still nothing strange happened.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Gleech

I got the RRoD once, right after I bought Xbox Live.

That was, last year? Year before? Haven't had it again... kinda. Make sure the connection in the back is properly plugged in.

I 'got it' again, but the second time I just pushed the plug in further, and it stopped doing it... it was weird.

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

TranceRaver83

Never got one in my life <3 (I dont own a 360, but still.....)

My friend has gotten like 4 of those before, and still got a new one every single time.  I dont think its worth spending hundereds of dollars on a console that breaks every year.  That's why i stick to my computer and N64.

Gilly

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 28, 2010, 10:27:14 AM
I got it AGAIN today. FOR THE THIRD TIME! >:( And my warranty ran out already!! I just got Mass Effect 2, too. :'( I think this time it's actually my power supply, so maybe I can get a new one and that fix it, but if not I might just get a new 360. $100 for repairs that are ENTIRELY Microsoft's fault is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, feel free to discuss your issues with this.

The first time I got the RRoD I had plugged my 360 into a karaoke machine. ::) I wanted to know if I could play on that little black and white screen. But, no. You can't. Don't try. At least it was under warranty then. :-\

If you dont wanna send it in just do the towel trick. it works temporarily.
After months of doing the towel trick with my old 360 i just said to hell with it and i got a new one. thankfully i havent had any issues yet with my new one but the RRoD is the most annoying thing ever. i used to do so much shit to fix it i even took it completely apart to manually fix it and it fixed one of the problems and created a new one.

Sonic360