How did you get to know Sonic Zone/Forum?

Started by Shadow26, December 22, 2009, 07:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow26

How?I want to hear :) This is how i found Sonic Zone:

Well,i really wanted Sonic riders and Sonic heroes.So i went to youtube.I saw a lot of video's about Sonic Zone and said "oh alright......".Then when i came,it was a nice place :) Nice people,threads and etc. Thats how i found out about spriting and making sigs.This site has taught me some things ;) So now i'm still here,going in elections,roleplaying,commenting an having fun :)

Whats your story?

Fiamonder

I actually had the same story!

I downloaded DX a while ago, and thought: "Why not try to download Heroes?"
So i went on Youtube, i saw lots of videos with SonicROMs on it, and i took a look at the site.
It looked pretty nice, so i thought, lets register. And just like you, i learned alot of things
and im really enjoying this site.

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

sonicmaddave

Hmm.... about August 2008 a friend of mine who is here under the name of 'Supersonic Zero' or something like that told me about this site on MSN and so I signed up 31st August 2008. :P

EchidnaPower

Pretty basic story.

It started when ECCO joined up to download games. At first, I disapproved because of the people on here, but eventually the time came when I needed to recruit help for the Dash Project. So I registered, and started hiring spriters. And then I realized that this place is actually pretty cool. Now look...I have more posts than ECCO does. xD

I love Jesus! Do you?

sonicmaddave

Well it's lucky you are here Echidna because you are a really cool guy XD

EchidnaPower

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 23, 2009, 03:50:03 PM
Well it's lucky you are here Echidna because you are a really cool guy XD

And so are you my friend. I can definitly say that you're one of the nicest people here. It's guys like you that make this forum worth coming to. ;)

I love Jesus! Do you?

sonicmaddave

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 23, 2009, 03:51:59 PM
And so are you my friend. I can definitly say that you're one of the nicest people here. It's guys like you that make this forum worth coming to. ;)
Aww thank you very much ;D people like you are what keeps me coming back as well. ;D

General Echidna

When I first started, I had no intentions other than getting Sonic Heroes , but now that has changed, hasn't it?
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, who practices?

Shadow26

Quote from: General Echidna on January 09, 2010, 06:04:01 AM
When I first started, I had no intentions other than getting Sonic Heroes , but now that has changed, hasn't it?
I don't know what you mean.xD

Elija2

We met at the park a year ago. She was flying a kite and, not looking where she was going, bumped into me. We had a nice little chat afterwards and when I had to go she gave me her number and promised we'd keep in touch. I called her a few days later and we decided to hang out again. Since then we've been really good friends and have hung out a lot. When she became sick a few days ago I became a bit worried, but she got better fairly quickly so we've got a lot of catching up to do.

Shadow26

Quote from: Elija2 on January 09, 2010, 06:15:39 AM
We met at the park a year ago. She was flying a kite and, not looking where she was going, bumped into me. We had a nice little chat afterwards and when I had to go she gave me her number and promised we'd keep in touch. I called her a few days later and we decided to hang out again. Since then we've been really good friends and have hung out a lot. When she became sick a few days ago I became a bit worried, but she got better fairly quickly so we've got a lot of catching up to do.
Isn't that going off topic? :/

ChaosDazer

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 23, 2009, 03:48:44 PM
Pretty basic story.

It started when ECCO joined up to download games. At first, I disapproved because of the people on here, but eventually the time came when I needed to recruit help for the Dash Project. So I registered, and started hiring spriters. And then I realized that this place is actually pretty cool. Now look...I have more posts than ECCO does. xD

You Disaproved? >:C

And 26 Elija's joking. I wouldn't take him seriously rofl

---
I needed an community. 'Nuff said.
witty sig caption

Shadow26

I see..........O_O.......xD

Off Topic:LOL,your calling me 26 xD

ChaosDazer

witty sig caption

Shadow26

HereAndThere

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Shadow26 on January 09, 2010, 06:34:26 AM
Off Topic:LOL.And nobody calls me Shadow

Erm...back on topic please.

Quote from: ChaosDazer on January 09, 2010, 06:21:47 AM
You Disaproved? >:C

At first, I saw all forums as dangerous. But, here I am. And you guys are awesome, I'm glad I came.

I love Jesus! Do you?

ChaosDazer

Quote from: EchidnaPower on January 09, 2010, 06:37:39 AM
Erm...back on topic please.

At first, I saw all forums as dangerous. But, here I am. And you guys are awesome, I'm glad I came.

Off Topic: If so, how did you start your fanfictions and stuff?
witty sig caption

EchidnaPower

Quote from: ChaosDazer on January 09, 2010, 06:38:44 AM
Off Topic: If so, how did you start your fanfictions and stuff?

I joined the Dash Forum because I noticed that xstealthkingx was Christian. Which made me feel comfortable, but this community was way more spread out. But, I adapted to it.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Shadow26

smash_legend

I typed in "how to get sonic adventure dx free" on youtube and... bam, soniczone (sonic ROMS at the time, and I got VIP by making a 12beet video)
Leon says Sora is the keyblade master?
he obviously hasn't met me yet

by reading this you are wasting 10 whole seconds of your life, hope your happy

if people said that breathing was uncool, 96% of teens would die
put this in your sig if you'd be one of the 4% laughing your head off

JoeBro387

Me? Well, I wanted SADX, but forgot I could have transferred it from my other computer at the time. (I have the CD!)

So I found this place. So I joined. So I stayed. So I hope I'll stay longer.
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

Fiamonder

Quote from: JoeBro387 on January 10, 2010, 09:53:42 PM
Me? Well, I wanted SADX, but forgot I could have transferred it from my other computer at the time. (I have the CD!)

So I found this place. So I joined. So I stayed. So I hope I'll stay longer.

You must. This place is epic >:C lol.

smash_legend

Gilly

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 23, 2009, 03:45:51 PM
Hmm.... about August 2008 a friend of mine who is here under the name of 'Supersonic Zero' or something like that told me about this site on MSN and so I signed up 31st August 2008. :P

i'm surprised i didnt get to know you sooner if you have been here since opening month back in August 2008! Anyways, I am happy to have you as part of the staff

JetTheHawk

From this one video saying how to get SADX, it had a lot of views lawl
NO SIGNATURE

smash_legend

Quote from: JetTheHawk on January 11, 2010, 03:57:37 PM
maybe it was the same video that I saw ;)
lol

Fiamonder

Quote from: JetTheHawk on January 11, 2010, 03:57:37 PM

Lol ikr, almost all those vids where/how to download the games leads to SonicZone.

We want a new story now kthxbai <3

[GM]Zerzavy

The first time,I wa searching for a SADX full PC version,that was 2 years ago(old fourms) but when i heard it shut down due to many players,I thought "If they re opening,I wont stay there just for the downloads."
So then like 2009,I joined again ^^.And here I am!!1

Sonic360

Well my 19 yr old bro told me about the site in november 08, some of you really old ppl may know him as Sonic661 or Meagashadow soraga.  Well I never got around to actually signing up until the middle of May 09

Fiamonder

ChaosDazer

witty sig caption

jkid101094

Honestly, I came for SADX and the hacking tools and stayed because of D...er the Cool people here. :D

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTS

chuyitooooo

I wanted to download Sonic DX (When there was no VIP)And a link took me here  :P

thelonelyone

Same old but SADX download when I was bored one day and wanted to play the original Sonic Adventure after having finished SA2B.

Gamerdude

A certin friend of mine posted a link on another forum so I decided to take a look. Then later when I had nothing else to do, I joined.

Quote from: Dracoslythe
                                              MSN: 
                               All the cool shit happens thur.
jkid loves you, GD. :3
HERE'S A BIG FUCKING HUG FROM KAY, GD.  CCCC:

thelonelyone

Oddly enough, I found this site with the same name as another Sonic site that was opened 5-6 years ago. it's probably down and dead now though :P.

Dracoslythe

Vistited the site a time or two back when it was Emulation Central.
Googling for a Sonic Advance 3 ROM led me to the main site.
Realized that it was the same as the old EC.
Thought "omfg really?"
And joined.

The end.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: Dracoslythe on January 17, 2010, 04:31:27 PM
Vistited the site a time or two back when it was Emulation Central.
Googling for a Sonic Advance 3 ROM led me to the main site.
Realized that it was the same as the old EC.
Thought "omfg really?"
And joined.

The end.

And yet somehow...you became an admin. There must be a story behind your promotion.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Dracoslythe

Quote from: EchidnaPower on January 17, 2010, 04:51:21 PM
And yet somehow...you became an admin. There must be a story behind your promotion.
Hmh.
I tried to be a great member, helping out whenever and such, and I was made mod.  Then out of the blue one day, John was like "wanna be an admin?"
I was kinda shocked, didn't expect it, but yeah.
Here I am.
Seen it all since opening month.  :3

I'm also one of the few remaining original members, I just realized that.  o3o
There's maybe a handful of us who signed up back in August 2008 who's still here.

jkid101094

At last. The age old question has been answered.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

seandkiller

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 17, 2010, 08:04:42 PM
At last. The age old question has been answered.
off topic:I grant you a magic cookie...or do you want a specialcookie?lol jk
Anyway I came here trying to get SA:DX,there are 2 reasons why i stay,one:I want Svip,2:I like this forum now.

5 more till Super Kirby!
Click here to level up my MKW license
http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?66253
Click here to level up my Brawlcard! http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?99599

Mau

My explanation is pretty simple. Joseppi showed me this site. That's pretty much it. :D
Well, I was a mod for his message board before the "merge."

Jazz Nova

I was looking for SA2 (battle) and I saw a youtube vid
I was like what the heck, I'll join another forum.
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Shadow26

Quote from: Dracoslythe on January 17, 2010, 04:56:07 PM
Hmh.
I tried to be a great member, helping out whenever and such, and I was made mod.  Then out of the blue one day, John was like "wanna be an admin?"
I was kinda shocked, didn't expect it, but yeah.
Here I am.
Seen it all since opening month.  :3

I'm also one of the few remaining original members, I just realized that.  o3o
There's maybe a handful of us who signed up back in August 2008 who's still here.
Cool story :3 I see you had a very nice month ;D

SuperSonic23

I came looking for SADX and for a place with Sonic fans, liek me, then I saw a vid on YouTube about this place.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

sonicxxx

SlottedPig

Ugmy

I was searching for Sonic Riders download on youtube. Saw a video, and I was like FINALLY. Then I saw you need 50 posts to download it. Working on it :DDD

Teh Shadic

A LOOOOOONNNGGG time ago, when I was eight years old, I wanted to download some free Sonic games, and so I Googled it. When I finally hit about the 20th page, I found this site. I was so happy. :'D

hi

RoyalStallion

kac

I found it on youtube as well :D

Post Merge: November 06, 2010, 04:18:52 PM

I also found it from a friend