Megaman 10?!

Started by SonicFan47, December 18, 2009, 12:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicFan47

From epicbattleaxe.com:

"Well, after some speculation about where and when the latest Mega Man adventure would surface, today Capcom clears the air by letting us know what we knew all along...the game is heading to all three major consoles and in the process depriving no one of the awesomeness that is Sheep Man!!!

From the press release:

Capcom today announced that Mega Man 10 is coming to Nintendo's WiiWare service, Xbox LIVE, and PlayStationStore in March 2010. Mega Man 10, the latest entry in Capcom's long-running series, will return gamers to the nostalgic perfection of classic 2D Mega Man gameplay, embracing retro platform action and NES-inspired old-school graphics.

Nice...just think about how easy it will be to make a game with NES graphics and classic Mega Man gameplay...Not saying it won't be awesome, but just pointing out that we're not talking about making GTA IV or even Shadow Complex here...Perhaps Mega Man 11 should include a new enemy...Cash Cow Man! J/K.

Anyway, hit the jump for a more detailed description of the game if you're interested.

MEGA MAN 10

The year is 20XX and a suspicious outbreak of Roboenza, a Robot Flu, has broken out. It spreads through the world like wildfire bringing down robots everywhere. Infected robots have rampaged out of control, destroying the city and holding it hostage! Who's behind this mess? It's up to Mega Man to take on this sinister threat and get to the bottom of this viral mystery.

Through-out Mega Man's adventure he'll take on the malfunctioning infected robots and classic-style bosses that can only found in Mega Man games. Each one has their own unique weapons and vulnerabilities. Of course the creator of the original Mega Man, Keiji Inafune, is in charge of directing and supervising those boss character designs and delivers the wildest villains the series has seen yet.

Great new additions to Mega Man 10 include the option to play as fan-favorite character Proto Man from the start, as well as an all new "Easy Mode" which will allow more fans to indulge in the challenges that make the series great. Additionally, "Mega Man Challenges" mode will allow players to practice their skills and prepare for the hair-raising adventures ahead of them.

Launching March 2010 for all three gaming platforms, Mega Man 10 is the must- have download for Capcom fans both young and old. The retro elements will make this a delicious treat for those who long for the days of nail-biting platform experiences and the new difficulty mode will definitely allow more gamers to enjoy this incredible skill-based romp."

Trailer Video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=60095
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Mystic

Off-Topic:HOLY, SICK!
______________________________________-

What is it for? Wii? PeeS3? PeeS2? Gimme console.

Craats

the 3 major consoles : PS3 Wii Xbox360

Ioshyriku

easy mode? cool (sad I don't have a Wii)
will Bass appear in this one?

Craats

Well be happy you got 1 of those.. i cant play megaman on pc except with emu.

JoeBro387

This seems pretty cool, I played Megaman 9 but never got around to finishing it. These seem to play the same.

Also pretty glad there's an Easy Mode this time around. Megaman 9 was way too hard for me. D: (Managed to beat everyone but Splash Woman though.)

I better go hoard up my Wii Points. (Off Topic: Wouldn't it be cool if there was like a 2 player Megaman for DSiWare, too? :S)
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

Jazz Nova

This looks fun...
(somewhat off-topic: RETURN OF THE 8-BIT MUSIC!!!
AND 8-BIT GRAPHICS!!!!!)
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

JoeBro387

Quote from: ice the fox on January 10, 2010, 09:02:11 AM
(somewhat off-topic: RETURN OF THE 8-BIT MUSIC!!!
AND 8-BIT GRAPHICS!!!!!)

See: Megaman 9

That was the return of the 8-bit music/graphics. This is just a continuation of it, and also putting it on systems other than Wii.
Mario: Wario...what was death like?
Wario: You sorta jump up in the air and the music goes do do do-do do do do do do-do.
Mario: Ah.

Ioshyriku

It's good that the bring back the 8-bit things, but I would like to see an anime opening

Dracoslythe

Quote from: JoeBro387 on January 10, 2010, 09:03:39 AM
See: Megaman 9

That was the return of the 8-bit music/graphics. This is just a continuation of it, and also putting it on systems other than Wii.
9 was on more than the Wii.
I know for a fact that it was on the 360 as well.  I downloaded it about 3 days ago (fuck that shit is hard)
I believe you could get it on the Playstation?  (can you download from that?)

In any case, I'm excited.  It was nice to see graphical advancements, but nothing can beat out the old 8-bit style.

Quote from: Ioshyriku on January 16, 2010, 11:38:08 AM
It's good that the bring back the 8-bit things, but I would like to see an anime opening
this.
agreed completely.

Fiamonder

I was too lazy to bother downloading the full version on the 360, but i played the demo. Its epic. Now lets hope that this one will get hardcore <3

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Dracoslythe

lol I got the demo, and I was like "fuck this, it's got one stage" and downloaded the full version the next day.  Rofl

thelonelyone

I've never tried any Megaman games before. Perhaps it's time I give it a try  ;D

Dracoslythe

DO IT.
oddly addicting.
o3o

Although a few of the ones past Battle Network suck compared to the classic style, which is why MM9 was such a hit.  As in a few, I mean Starforce.  >.>  It doesn't resemble the MM series at all.
I mean come on, an alien fusing with a human using electromagnetic waves?  >_>
Starforce was okay I guess...It's genius compared to some of the newer games out, especially on the DS.  I wouldn't recommend Starforce if you're looking for a great MM game, though.  It's more of a "I'm bored as fuck, gimme something to pass the time with" game.

Capcom needs to get their asses back on track when it comes to the MM series..  >.>
I'm kinda waiting for the new crossover game to be localized so I can laugh at it.
I heard it's just BN 1 remade, with bits and pieces of Starforce thrown in it.

Conker534

Megaman?  more like GAYAMAN XD
Megaman SUXS lol.. (is prepared to lose karma) :/ XD