What GameInformer Thinks Of Old Franchises

Started by annoyinglad, September 17, 2009, 11:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annoyinglad

Normally I wouldn't be reading this trash, but I bought an edge card for GameStop so I can save some money over the next year and it comes with a year subscription to GameInflamer... So I got bored and decided to read their "opinions" on Beatles Rock Band, Arkham Asylum, and all those new titles, as well as check out the fan art (which is always cool and/or funny). So I came across this article while reading and I felt I should share it with you guys. It's a bit cut off cause I couldn't keep the magazine flat on the scanner, but you can still tell what it says. Tell me what you think...

Super Sonic Boom

No real game genre should die unless they failed straight from the start...all of those franchises aren't "dying" but they are hitting a "low point" that may last a while. All of these franchises can come back stronger than ever as long as they learn from their mistakes and apply that knowledge to future games.

Hakudamashi

My feelings toward this opinion can be summed up in 2 simple words
"I disagree"
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

I am confused.
I agree with part of it, mostly with the concept that an idea or gimmick can be easily overused.
I disagree with the statement that the mentioned franchises need to die.
I do find it interesting that they don't say anything at all about Mario, even though he's been using the same "old idea" for 25 years now.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on October 05, 2009, 12:50:17 PM
I do find it interesting that they don't say anything at all about Mario, even though he's been using the same "old idea" for 25 years now.

I thought you'd be used to this by now
Hell,he even disgraced Devil May Cry!  >:(
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay