College Football Game Ends in Sucker Punch!

Started by SonicFan47, September 04, 2009, 12:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicFan47

American Football, not International Football.

From NBC New York:
College Football Game Ends in Sucker Punch

The first big college football game of the year featured an ugly, post-game sucker punch that landedan Oregon running back in serious hot water.

Boise State, the nation's 14th ranked team, had just defeated No. 16 Oregon 19-8, on Boise's famed blue turf when Boise State defensive lineman Byron Hout appeared to taunt LeGarrette Blount. As Hout turned and backed away, Blount punched him in the jaw, knocking him to the ground. Coaches, players and security separated the two and Blount was forcibly led off the field.
Sucker Punch at Football Game

But as Blount passed jeering Boise State fans, he went berserk again, trying to go after them. Later, he apologized.

"I just apologize to anyone watching that," Blount said. "I just apologize to all of our fans and all of Boise's fans. That's something I shouldn't have done. I lost my head."

Friday, Oregon announced that Blount will be suspended for the remainder of the season, including bowl games. He will get to keep his scholarship.

Video of event:

My Spanish teacher called it "the sucker punch of the year".
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

annoyinglad

Video isn't working on my iPod... Nice story though. Odd how everyone flips out these days... Christian Bale, this guy, who's next?

SonicFan47

Quote from: annoyinglad on September 12, 2009, 07:33:32 PM
Video isn't working on my iPod... Nice story though. Odd how everyone flips out these days... Christian Bale, this guy, who's next?
Chuck Norris.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P